1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Tilith dethroned, prepare for Ayaka.

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by IDBGOD, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:54 PM.

1. Kira

Kira Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Elza/Lightning/Luneth
    And the elemental resistances are good too :) So I think Tilith is still amazing

2. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD, Kefka, Tilith
    In the beginning ribbon, esuna, and some LB have description like "remove all status ailments", now they specify it, because none can remove stop... heck you also have to careful about petrify because it's not universally removed and nullified too.

3. Viride

Viride Well-Known Member

Stop actually isn't a status effect, it's a Debuf, which is why Fingersnap removes it (Dispel effect removes Buff/Debuff) and it passes straight through Ribbon.

4. Nina

Nina Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
  5. vcrisant13

vcrisant13 New Member

The Noctis of healers. Why do they keep releasing characters that seem broken? Are the upcoming trials/events/bosses going to be THAT hard?

6. Griffin

Griffin Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
  7. Shomxx

Shomxx Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza 614 atk
    Tilith is not even throned here...Refia is my queen :D

8. Andretti

Andretti Member

Or until they release 7 star and another OP healer/support comes. Well, it can happen even without the first part.

On the "dps" department the very same was said about Lightning and now there are a lot of characters that outclass her even after being buffed with enhancements.

9. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Active Member

Point is, she is absolutely insane. She does everything a healer/support needs to do. Dps is always changing, being buffed/enhanced/new awakenings/ and new units..... but what else could you possibly need a healer to do? She does everything barring elemental resistence. DPS is always striving for the next highest attack bar but when you can already heal a unit to full, AoE revive, mp refresh, AoE Esuna (and remove stop), buff, innate status immunity to key ailments, etc how much better can you really make a unit?

7* awakenings wouldn't change much from a healer role. Pretty sure a 7* awakening isn't going to give units 10k+ HP (barring +HP% tanks) so DC'ing Curanda is an AoE 100% hp restore. There is literally almost nothing they could give her to improve her much from what she already is.

Unless they want to fuse her abilities, with 50%+ breaks, plus DPS, plus status, plus Noctis utility/buffing + 50%+ elemental buffing all into one unit this is pretty much as good as it gets.

Sure, people thought the same about Tilith but this is a whole different standard of ridiculous. I can't even imagine what kind of content they plan on releasing if they felt the need to create such a unit.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 9:44 AM
  10. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Do you really think they would give such a top tier for free?

Arinoch likes this.
  11. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Member

actually the gap can be quite massive because none of Tilith's abilities can be dual cast as they're all special abilities. The case for Ayaka is different, as she can dual cast white spells and there are several of them. The other thing to note about Ayaka is she has a 3 turn revive buff which she can dual cast.. so she can literally make sure close to no one loses a turn if they do die unless they die again immediately after a revive.

Not only that Ayaka has innate status immunities that Tilith doesn't that prevents a healer from doing their job, i.e. stop, paralyse, silence etc... So the gap between these two healers is massive when you consider these two facts about the status immunities and 'pre-emptive' revive (which can be dual cast)

The side effect of the news of this character Ayaka, is older healers like Rosella, Garnet and Lenna actually have other white skills and healer ablities that can be given to them if they were ever to get a 6* upgrade based on what we can see in Ayaka's healing kit. Cause virtually none of the other healers have a pre-emtive revive aside global edition of Vanille

12. Revenge

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Imagine that they release 7* units. If she doesn't get the upgrade, she will be just to weak stats wise. Stars does not only provide new abilities, they also increase stats ;)

If a unit with for example, AoE 100% MP Restore, Tripple Cast, 20% MP Recovery per turn, etc etc was released, would not be even better? Two days ago everyone was saying Tilith was just broken, and now there is a better char than her.

Imagine that in the future meta we will need to spam abilities/speels with high mp cost, like 99 mp etc etc... Do you think any current healer would be enough?
    This is a Gatcha game, better chars will alwasy be released as time goes.

13. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Active Member

Ayaka is a 5* base....pretty safe to say she will be getting a 7* upgrade if there is one ;)

By the time Ayaka is outclassed probably 3/4ths of the people here won't even be playing the game. That is so absurdly far into the future at this point.

There will always be a better unit coming out, yes, such is the nature of Gatcha, but DPS is by far more septable of being outclassed more quickly than the rest. Look at how long Cecil and WoL have remained top tier, Tilith up until now, etc.

Regardless, it's pretty safe to say Ayaka is going to be top tier with that skill set for quite some time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 10:37 AM
  14. Revenge

Leads:
    Chizuru
    BF is not in the 8* now? They need to make money, so better char's will always be released. Even if Ayaka gets a 7*, there will be someone better, because they need people to waste money pulling for chars.

They have some cards to throw at the table. When people start to leave the game, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall etc etc, will just be released ;)

15. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Active Member

Of course there are always better characters being released, as I even agreed above. Point is, Ayaka is going to be the new top tier, she just is. Dps changes a lot more frequently than healers and tanks which was the primary point being addressed with my above post which you seem to have missed.

How long for, who knows but rest assured it's going to be for a very long time looking at that skill set. If Tilith was so OP even up until a few days ago and you have a unit that is like rolling Tilith, Refia, and Rem into one single unit and taking the best of them while also being the only unit able to resist and cure stop...rest assured she's not in fear of being outclassed anytime in the near or distant future. (In global's case, the very distant future).

As far as the FF7/8 cast who knows. That's not confirmed and who knows if FFBE will even still be around.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 12:10 PM
  16. Revenge

Leads:
    Chizuru
    The time that will take for another healer to overtake Ayaka, only depends on Alim and Square Enix. If they want, it can be already in the next banner.

You will see for sure FF7/8 characters and events from those games. They are a company, they are here to profit money, they will not miss the opportunity to gain more money with their Golden Eggs. Its just a question of choosing the best time to do it.

17. Orlandu

Orlandu Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    Hmm, in my opinion, Ayaka has only something on the edge over tilith because she has a situational recovery kit like aoe stop removal and supporting flexibility via dual cast.. But aside from that, tilith can provide the proper survivability your team needs. If you have Rikku which is also a 4 star base, auto life is not a much of issue and yeah, elemental resistance is quite also important. And lastly when i say gap try considering this comparison:

tilith vs any healer below her
    And
    ayaka vs tilith.

You can see the difference between the gap of those two comparison? That's where i get the idea, because compare to other healers below them, they are both labeled as "broken" due to their insane abilities.

The thing is, for players like me, I think Ayaka is more ideal for those who want perfection for their team which is mostly the whales. But as i said, Tilith can provide you survivability if you execute her properly. i just can't see why pulling hard for Ayaka which is a 5 star base than Tilith which is 4 star base, not even a limited time offer can stop someone from getting her unless he/she didn't plan on getting her. though if you can have Ayaka thru insane luck on 250 pull then i dont see any problem with that..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM
  18. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    I prefer Ayaka, so I can free up Rikku from my squad. Adding more options in instead.

KWFFBE and Viride like this.
  19. Orlandu

Orlandu Active Member Supporter

Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    Yeah its preferable but not all players has the capability of pulling 5 star base.. that's why i said team perfection is only available for whales. In the end of the day, unit alone wont decide the outcome of the battle but the proper team set up, atleast for f2p.

20. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    It should be alright when she arrives. We still have half year to save up for her.