1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

To pull for Type-0 or try for Dark Fina?

Discussion in 'General' started by BLVCK, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BLVCK

BLVCK Member

As the title says. I already have empress birch.. not sure who else can use which besides Firion. hahahaha, thoughts?

2. Demo

Demo Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Orlandeu
  3. BLVCK

BLVCK Member

Rydia makes me cry though..

4. himura32

himura32 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    CHIZURU
    don't pull for both. just do dailies in this banner dark fina. you'll regret if you pull hard then go for nothing. better pull in the rikku banner and useful 4 star base instead of 5 star. but i am tempting to go all out for orlandu lol

5. BLVCK

BLVCK Member

Thank you. I realize that nothing on the Type 0 banner are great. Seems to me like they are cheap imitations of the units we have now (lightning, chizuru, etc.) Dark Fina seems really tempting but there doesnt seem to be any point if you already have an Exdeath right?

6. Jeany1234

Jeany1234 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    Exdeath is more of a pure black mage while Dark Fina also comes with status effects and debuffs, her MAG alltogher is higher, Ultima is stronger and she has MP regen. So she is a lot better than exdeath (esp. because she can equip mage-stuff) but also way harder to get.

7. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis
    Ultima costing 240 MP for 2 tuns casting makes the baby jesus cry imo.

Dystopia:
    Turn 1 - 440% - 45 MP
    Turn 2 - 600% - 45 MP
    Turn 3 - 760% - 45 MP
    Turn 4 - 760% - 45 MP

4 turn average damage:~640%

180 MP total

If we push through to 5 turns(225 MP), our average increases to 664% Damage with less reliance on MP restoring avenues.

Ultima:
    Turn 1 - 746% Damage (373 x 2) - 120 MP
    Turn 2 - 746% Damage - 120 MP

2 turn average damage (746%)
    240 MP total

Each turn you spam Dystopia the closer the gap between that and Ultima close - even without dual cast.

From a sustainability POV and if you can keep Dark Fina on Dystopia - that is the clear winner and what I'd use. The animation is also quicker and as a result easier to chain. The paradigm of "I'm being a took and things die so fast lololol BOOM HEADSHOT" is coming to an end very soon. Long term sustainability and strategy is going to become more and more important.

Apres enhancements Ultima gets some chainability (Still not elemental.. le sigh) which makes it a more attractive option, but that is still a ways off.

8. himura32

himura32 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    CHIZURU
    of course 5 star base is always better than 3 star on same role. but i like my exdeath. he's tank

9. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer Staff Member Moderator Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Noctis
    Cecil is > Wilhelm imo for tanking.

Sorwen and Jman1115 like this.
  10. Sorwen

Sorwen Well-Known Member

If you need any of the Type-0 units then you should be rerolling. If you happen to get a Type-0 unit then the majority have some TMRs that are not bad. However, aside the bonus for Mog currency colleting for this one event there is no real reason to pull for them.

Exdeath isn't the better unit, he is a different one. DF brings the other elements he doesn't have to the table. That said they are the most rare as weaknesses on bosses so Exdeath is likely to see more use. DF will come out the more powerful when Enhancements come out way later, but since we have better units between now and then save for them instead of killing yourself trying to get DF. Besides some of those better units have magic too.

11. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Well-Known Member

I spent 60 tickets and around 12 10+1 pulls. Didn't get dark Fina.

Instantly regretted it after and the thing is I already have an army of Exdeaths.

I knew it was my turn for RNG to bite me and it did. Thing is my physical team is top notch until Orlandu and I didn't really even need her. Just was tired of Exdeath taking up so much space lol.

12. ironphia

ironphia Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    @IDBGOD dam that hurt brotha....60ticket and 12 10+1 pulled? wow.....speechless...i did daily pulled and got Dark Fina.....but not too happy...cause i'm more of
    an physical atk team...dont really like mage...but i'll keep her...this next banner i'll spend 10 ticket only..but i'll stop before 10x ticket if i'm able to pulled like 3 character
    from the banner so i can grind this event...dont care too much about ACE he comes out too late....only his TM is worthy...else he suck....even with ehancement he isnt that great....

ACE has abilities only...so means he can only use one abilities per turn....so no dualcast...or anything to make him go two round so he is useless..

the next FFt-0 REM is a must have for Dark Knight powerhouse team... ;)

13. ironphia

ironphia Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    @IDBGOD but i agreed with you....in past banner i got burn by GUMMI and didnt get shiiii so maybe this is their repayment for me for Dark Fina >.<::silence::

14. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Well-Known Member

Yeah up to this point I had no rainbow trolls at all, always pulled the banner rainbow.

Got Luneth in 3-4 10+1s, got Gilgamesh in 2, and got Noctis in the first 11 pull.
    I did get my first rainbow troll this banner being 5* Garnet.

Those are pretty good odds and my gut told me otherwise but I still went ahead and tried for Fina. All tickets spent and 12 10+1s and no dice. Bummer.

I did instantly get Elle's TM though and I've almost got enough for the second. Got another Zidane, more Chiz/bunch of more TM units and a WoL who I didn't have. Still kinda feels like a bust but oh well.

I'll save/only pull hard at this point for Orlandu. No way I'm going to shell out a couple more hundred/thousand just for a waifu mage.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017