1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Trial Bosses 4: Brachiosaur [Killer Bow]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Wanna know how to beat the big dinosaur when he drops to Global in about a month or less? Or having trouble with him now in JP? Well, I'm here to tell you a nice guide on how to beat this dinosaur with no problems at all. So, you guys ready here we go!

Before you start, you have had to have beaten both White Dragon, and Devil Chimera in order to attempt this fight.

Recommended Units for This Trial:

Exdeath:
    Exdeath gets a huge push here as Brachiosaur is actually weak to Ice attacks since Exdeath does in fact come with Blizzaga, and a useful +30% MAG stat to help amplify his damage he would do wonders in this trial.
    Other Great Options: Kefka, Golbez, Tellah (?)

Vaan: You should know why I say Vaan, cause of Full Break trust me for this fight, it's not gonna be used as a win button, but rather YOU NEED IT button, Brachiosaur has a very painful attacks that he will do to you so it's better you can keep him debuffed as long as possible. He also has Focus which is also gonna be super important for upcoming points I will make on Brachiosaur
    Other Great Options: Warrior Of Light, Amarant

Tilith: Tilith is the best healer you can possibly ask for in the situation (or any as a matter of fact) she has a AoE all stats buff, and a heal that heals you, and cures statuses at the same time so you don't have to waste a turn having to not cure your teammates, to help tend to another.
    Other Great Options: Roselia, Lenna, Garnet

Chizuru: Our strongest attacker we have right now, which she can be used to get off some damage to Brachiosaur with her repeated Barrages, and if you have a crafted Dragon Slayer on you then she becomes this dragons worst nightmare.

Other Great Options:
    - Bartz (Imperil / Barrage)
    - Artemios (Barrage)
    - Cloud of Darkness (Barrage)
    - Celes (Support / Magic Break)
    - Duane (Power/Armor/Mental Break)

Now, that you have a basic understanding of what you wanna take to the fight. Let's get started.

[​IMG]
    Brachiosaur
    HP: 230,000 | MP: 400
    Weaknesses: -50% Ice Attacks | Resistances: None
    Aliments: 100% Immune to all aliments.
    Attack Cycle: 2 or 3
    Threshold: 50% HP, 30% HP
    Attacks:

Note: Most of his attacks were roughly translated, will edit later when he offically releases in Global.

Snort: Randomly removes one unit from your party for the rest of the battle.
    Turning Sentence: 170% ST Physical Attack
    Diaster: 20% AoE chance to Blind/Confuse/Sleep [1 Turn Only]
    Meteor: 110% AoE +25% Ignore MDEF
    Ultima: 250% AoE +25% Ignore MDEF [Comes after Charge]
    Charge: Charges attack for next turn

How to Beat [100% - 50%]: This phase isn't the hard part of the fight really. You wanna remember to turn count as it will be needed for the lower thresholds of Brachiosaur. On the first turn, he will start with the AoE status and do normal attacks after that is when he starts to do stuff. Every 5 turns is when you wanna make sure you're healed, buffed, and Brachiosaur is debuffed. As the following may happen Meteor (100% chance), Turning Sentence (20% chance), even if Meteor is 100% this doesn't mean that the second move will not be used. After the turn count is reseted and he follows back to regular attacks, and skills. Just keep knocking him down til he reaches 50%

How to Beat [50% - 0%]: When you hit his 50% threshold, he will attack you twice, and do "Charge" this means the very next turn Ultima is coming so the best way to survive is to guard when buffed, and Barchiosaur is debuffed so you can have a reasonably okay chance to survive the attack. In this state, he gets way more aggressive with more attacks under his belt. Every 5 turns, he from here on will have a 20% chance to use "Remove" or Turning Sentence, or Meteor (100%) he has two timers in this one so let me exact here.

Timer 1: 20% chance to use Remove, 20% chance to use Turning Sentence, or 100% chance to use Meteor.
    Timer 2: 100% chance to use Meteor.

I'm not sure if there is indicators to the timers in the fight, as I played this in JP version so I can't say safely if one is more likely to happen that the other. Will check later when released in Global.

On his 30% threshold, he will 100% remove somebody from the fight. It's all up to RNG who he removes I would just pray that he doesn't remove your healer, debuffer units as they keep the team together really haha. Just be careful, as he does have random Meteor chances as well throught out the fight so make sure you're ready to take some hits. I honestly recommend you take FULL advantage of his Ice weakness by using mages with Blizzaga, even your healer with Blizzara from Shiva will help. If you have the Ice rod, or Icebrand weapons slap it on them for Ice added attacks for even more damage against him. And after, you should be able to beat Barchiosaur with some effort.

A Few Additional Notes:

- Meteor doesn't seem to be following the five turn counter it seems to be completely random (could be a AI change by Gumi?)
    - Snort seems to be random as well, I haven't been able to identify what causes it to happen. It doesn't seem to be turn based. I once had a run where it happened 2 turns in a row.

Final Award: Killer Bow (+60 ATK + Plant/Bird/Insect Killer + Adds Darkness to Attacks)

*Please use that bow on Artemios if you pull him. You will not regret LOL.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    August, Mkdc, Hillgigas209 and 12 others like this.
  2. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Nice guide. Even though I havent beaten that big dog yet..

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  3. Aysatyo

Aysatyo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    nice guide but my unit pool are just limited with exdeath, firion, terra, golbez, xiao, fina, lasswell, and rain.. so i dont have much of a choice.

4. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    COMMENT :P (Took me less than a month this time haha!). Nice work on the guide Jet!

5. Terra

Terra Half-Esper Editor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Terra
    Thank you @Jet Stingren , Another helpful guide! Given that the monster, casts meteor for almost every turn I think Celes's Sealing Blade can counter this. (needs to be tested though)

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  6. Clarissa

Clarissa Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan
    Another cookies ..

7. strik3r

strik3r New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Garland Sub lead: Vaan/kefka/CoD
    Nice guide :), so killer bow isn't with dark element ?

8. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    it is.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  9. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Intangir/Sleeping Lion was released before Brachiosaur in JP.

Great guide for Brachio, though. I'll add it to the index later today.

10. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Brachiosaur is trial boss 1-3, Sleeping Lion is 2-1.

Sleeping Lion came after cause he doesn't use the farplane.

11. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

https://exviuswiki.com/Update_Schedule

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to that Intangir came 15 days-ish before Brachio.

12. Chrisbeloved

Chrisbeloved Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    so is brachio weak to physical dmg more or mag dmn more?

13. Ffexviusfan

Ffexviusfan Member

Should I be good if i use demon chimera to farm rank exp.

14. 9Fingers

9Fingers Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Old Man
    Hmm.. so 2nd Chizuru needs Ice Brand for this fight, good to know :)

15. Zissoulander

Zissoulander VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    I don't have any good breaker characters. No Vaan, WoL, or Leo. I do have the mental break skill.

What are other options for breakers?

16. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

Thanks a good guide. I am set for these fights with two of my three accounts. :)

First: Chizuru, CoD, WoL, Lenna, and ExDeath/Kefka. I could swap out CoD for Kefka for dual blizzaga on this one.
    Second: Chizuru, Chizuru, Vaan, Lenna and Kefka. Got an extra Kefka here too if needed.

So I am looking forward to seeing how my teams do against this one. My third account is all mages but lacks breakers and strong physical users so that account will have to wait for future unit pulls to balance out for this fight. I got magic covered in a big way but still missing that breaker element.

17. Vash426

Others are WoL (full break as well), Rain, and Duane.

18. Zissoulander

Zissoulander VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun Fire Chicken
    Rain doesn't have full break, does he?

19. 9Fingers

9Fingers Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Old Man
    Not yet, he gets it at 6 star, which is a long time from now..

20. Vash426

No he doesn't. You asked who has other breaks. I said WoL has full break and listed two others who have breaks too such as Rain and Duane. That was all.