1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Trust Master Farming

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Mako, May 15, 2016.

1. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Farming Trust Master for units is very VERY tedious and time consuming. However for those that have strong TM rewards, it can be worth. Most of the time having strong TM rewards can make anything in the game pretty trivial. The way to increase Trust is to grind it out or to have multiple copies of the same unit and fusing them. By fusing the same unit into each other you gain 5% Trust. That means if you want Excalibur from Cecil's TM reward, you would need 20 copies of Cecil.

To gain Trust without fusing -
    Go to the dungeon circled on this screenshot -
    [​IMG]

Then run (either works actually) -
    [​IMG]

After each run there is a chance that the units you used to run the dungeon will gain 0.1% toward their Trust Master rewards.

Effective ways to grind it out is to have a party made up of TMs you want to grind. As I stated above you can fuse like units into each other for Trust. You can use this to your advantage. Say you got 3 copies of Cecil chasing for a certain unit. You can put all the Cecils into a party and grind Trust using this method. Doing so, Cecil 1 gained 10% Trust, Cecil 2 gained 3% and Cecil 3 gained 7%. You can fuse 2 and 3 into 1 and by doing so Cecil 1 will gain 10% Trust from the already accumulated Trust by 2 and 3, as well as another 10% from fusing 2 like units for a total of 20%. This will give Cecil 1 30% Trust total (10% + 20%).

Notable TM rewards so far -
    Cecil - Excalibur (120 ATK - Light Element - Large Sword)
    Zidane - Dual Wield
    Miyuki - Sakura Fubuki (98 ATK - Katana)
    Tina/Terra - Ultima (280% Mag + 25% ignore Res)
    Kain - Gungnir (90 ATK - Spear)
    Bartz - Double Hand
    Luna - Barrage (4 attacks at 80% ATK for a total of 320%)
    Exdeath - Holy (230% MAG)
    Kuja - Flare (200% MAG)
    Vaan - Maximilian Armor (62 DEF - Heavy Armor)
    Shantotto - +30% MAG materia
    Rakshasa - Holy Sword (Spellblade 230% ATK/MAG)
    Dean - Bioga Sword (Spellblade 180% ATK/MAG)
    Russel - Zengiri (If someone knows the eng name please let me know) (140% AoE ATK)
    Medius - Growth Egg (1.5 EXP)
    Seriatsu - Miracle Shoes (Auto Protect/Shell/Regen)

Right now this is the most efficient way to gain Trust. In the future, they will add Trust Master moogles, that when fused to any unit, that unit will gain 10% Trust. But this feature is way down the road for us as it was a rather recent addition to the JP version of the game.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    JChunks, Mendone, Satan and 7 others like this.
  2. Rinny

Rinny γγƒŽδΈ€ Forum Manager VIP Supporter

Miyukis is right I have her in my party cause assassins are my favorite class in everygame lol

Thanks for posting! I was curious how to build these up better it seems real difficult

Nednal and Mako like this.
  3. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Np.
    Time consuming rather than difficult. I don't have any TM rewards on either of my JP account except for the 1*-2* unit TMs which are rather lack luster to say the least lol.

4. BossPatt

BossPatt Active Member

Global ID:
    Adding this Youtube link i found lying around
    Why you need trustmaster:

Clarissa and Audio like this.
  5. Lilsnakiz

Lilsnakiz New Member

Didn't know that, thanks to you i can try to lvl them now.

6. Magashisama

Magashisama New Member

Huh, never thought about having someone at 100% trust being there for the loot. I guess it's a good idea as long as the character contributes something to the party. just my 2 cents though lol

7. Shadow

Shadow Active Member Supporter

Screenshot_2016-06-06-22-18-04_1-picsay.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-06-22-14-49-picsay.jpg

The eng name of russell trust master is bladeblitz. Hope this help. Also i got 3 units of shantotto and has been trying to get trust master doing the 1 NRG dungeon. So far so good.

cole and Rinny like this.
  8. JayLovesTea

JayLovesTea Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
  9. Aeludor

Aeludor New Member

Is there any benefit to getting 100% trust on a character before awakening them? Do they get a buffed version if they are awakened with it maxed?

10. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Nope, just preference :)

11. Aeludor

Aeludor New Member

Good to know, thank you!

12. cutnmuffinz

cutnmuffinz New Member

Anyone mention Gilbert?

13. Oussama Ghazouani

Oussama Ghazouani Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    0.1% that's 1k times needed to get it to 100% at least since it's not all certain! Too much work, 84 hours continously doing Earth Shrine over and over again! lol... maybe I'll try it after this weekend pampa event. BTW still don't get how to equip TM to another unit, if someone can explain please, thx!

14. Slorrin

Slorrin New Member

It's 10k, not 1k. You get 0.1% every 10 fights. (You actually average 0.11% I've tested it by charting 300 fights). So that's 10k battles, 50k minutes for NRG. 833 hours, 70 days if you do it for 12 hours a day.

I think most people get the really good TMs after about 5 or 6 months.

15. Doowan Hong

Doowan Hong Member

Fastest way to level up right now requires 5 of the same unit. I'm currently grinding barrage using 4 bow wielding slanks. Golbez says these hoes ain't loyal. Hopefully I'll pull 1 more. It takes an average of 45 seconds per each cycle using 1 NRG at earth shrine entrance which includes 2 battles + flipping through screens. If you're lucky and you somehow pulled 5 Golbez (I currently have 3 Golbez and will work on Meteor next), it will take you 20 hours of actual grinding time factoring in -20% for each units contributing an additional 5% when the fusing takes place. Realistically, it's not that hard burning through 100 NRG (75 minutes) on earth shrine entrance each day even with a full time job like myself. This will take you 16 days using 5 units, 21.25 days using 4, 30 days using 3, 47.5 days using 2 and a whopping 100 days if you're TM grinding using 1 unit. Always TM grind using 5 units even if you have to mix others into the group. Preferably the next unit/s you'll be working on. This is just my 2 cent. Dammit I feel like I just wasted 30 minutes of my time. Hopefully this helps someone..
    -____-

Let's hope Gumi inboxes everyone a bunch of Trust Moogles by accident.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    BraveBoot likes this.
  16. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    tm grind is really pain in ass..... take so much time

2random4u and Lonelygirl0000 like this.
  17. JayLovesTea

Leads:
    Vaan and Bartz
    Just realized your party is going to be the next banner voted by facebook hahaha.

18. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    yeah thats why i dont like the fb banner

19. Sascr0tch

Sascr0tch Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Knight Cecil
    Im TM grinding 5-Golbez at three star, I used a trust moogle on my 5 star putting him at 28.8%, that plus the auto 25% from the 5-3* is 53.8, not too bad but grinding is so boring. Currently my 5 other Golbez have (4.8,4.9, 5.3, 4.6, 5.3). Not that anyone cares, just talking bout what I'm working on. Then Im off to farm Ice and Fire Megacryst to make me a bunch of Hero Rings. Just pulled CoD. Then Im going to Put meteor on Kefka. That'll be 6 Hero Rings for WoL, Kefka, and CoD. not too bad I think. My team is almost exactly like yours Mikazuki, but I don't have Chizuru. Maybe Ill use Gilbert or Hayate. Havent decided. Also I didnt really want the rabbits foot but now that I have CoD I figure she is really the only one that would be good on. until my hero rings come in lol.

20. Gorz

Gorz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Cecil, Delita,Noctis
    Here a good question when u get a unit to 100 tm and if u spawn another can u fuse the 100 tm on the new one and get the tm reward again

RikkuLover likes this.