1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

ULTIMATE DREAM TEAM WISH LIST PVP

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by TruAlucard, Jan 8, 2017.

1. TruAlucard

TruAlucard Arena Runner-Up Arena Runner-Up Supporter

Global ID:
    So i thought i would start a discussion on ultimate pvp teams. Let me know wht you think.
    WKN
    Dark fina
    Noctis
    Lightning
    Refia

2. Chase

Chase Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    5 noctis gg

3. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Anything primarily ultimate about a pvp team is its ability for the brain damaged AI to defeat other human controlled teams with a frequency > 1%. You can OHKO almost any team with 4 medius/edgar and some *GA nuker, but that team will get squashed on defense. The hardest teams I have fought consisted of the best evasion/counter builds sporting multiple sazh/cyan/noctis tmr's providing unprecedented evasion so you might want to consider that above just raw hero selection.

4. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    I chose tht team for sustainability, elemental coverage, tanking, and two units tht counter magic, oh and lets no forget the buffs/debuffs tht they all provide..ULTIMATE

5. Stephane

Stephane Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    I think that the best arena team for AI to beat human, should be a team with full TM, with a good combination of WKN, Noctis and Dark Fina. Like WKN + 3 Noctis + Dark Fina, all 3 Noctis with cover ability, then all 5 should counter other team to death ::ink::

6. Abutre

Abutre Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I just go with Noctis + Mag dps for the pesky evasion dudes + 3 whatever Phys dps, no healer no tank no nonsense, its kill or be killed, 99% of the time they die ::evil::

Khidir and Chase like this.
  7. nVission

nVission Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I would be thinking 3x Noctis all with duel wield and 2 x Dark Fina. Can't really go wrong with that combo.

JustinHChrist likes this.
  8. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    I like the 3x noctis and 2x dark fina but i fear for a AI team the damage output wouldn't be high enough. If u notice when u play a team with noctis they tend to single target instead of aoe where as lighting and luneth actually tend to aoe to death. I recently went against a team with 4 noctis and a lightning and was able to beat it pretty easily and they clearly had TMRs cause my cecil resisted part of lightnings hits meaning (Excalibur ). Next time u go against a noctis or even a dark fina pay attention to wht they do

9. nVission

nVission Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I don't think it matters what team you have, if the AI is controlling your units, you're unlikely to win.
    Correct me if I'm wrong though, but it only matters when you fight in arena rather than defend, since it doesn't have any impact on points accumulated.
    Your arena team should be designed to win easily when you play, I don't think defending matters at all.

Abutre likes this.
  10. Abutre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    True. Doesn't matter if our team gets gang banged all day long, not even "reputation" is worth protecting, we are just something standing in something else's way, that said, good or bad team it all comes down to luck, I've seen evasion Noctis/Lightning outlasting Cecil & co like it was nothing, and a single Noctis can destroy any team any day with luck.

11. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Thts exactly y i chose WKN for passive defense and counter back with deadly magic...im honestly more afraid of a team full of lightnings because she tends to use sparkstrike which for most hits at 999 aoe...where if say noctis uses blizzard flask u only have to endur the pain for 3 rounds...he just doesn't do aoe enough

12. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    I only go off of my personal data collected and in arena i go after teams with noctis and dark fina at the top of the list for pure points..in fact i have only been defeated 2x in the past 2 months one team was really dangerous also b4 i had noctis and was running maxwell and just recently when the game kicked me off...i run cecil, noctis, luneth, cod, and refia...

13. Abutre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    An average Noctis DW will hit 2x999 per flask, pretty much every char does that minimum dmg w/o chaining, good luck enduring that for 3 rounds. :)

14. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Another pro tip is pretty counter intuitive, but when you are finished attacking you might want to unequip your espers. The reason for this is the game AI appears to love casting ba* spells and other garbage like shell/deprotect. I know you take a hit on stats but man, if you can make the AI smarter by removing bad choices it loves to make then you will probably be better off.

Gronio likes this.
  15. TruAlucard

Global ID:
    Thts exactly wht im saying. .only certain characters tend to do max damage almost every round such as lighting, luneth, exdeath. ..but the AI seems to use noctis not as a dps unit and dark fina almost always counters and with refia in the mix if u have no offensive skills on her will tend to heal every round making AI team self sustainable

16. Brou

Brou Well-Known Member

The best : 5 Shadow !

Khidir and Abutre like this.
  17. Abutre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    [​IMG]

::kefka::

18. winova

winova Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh/Chizuru
    A team with 2x Dark Fina (with dice & lucii), 3x Luneth (no esper)
    - Fina will evade physical attack and retaliate with AoE magic, all of her spells are AoE (except osmose).
    - Luneth only knows Hit All & Cut Through. He has a decent chance to use/chain Hit All and wipes out your squishy mage, or your team.

Or 2x Dark Fina, 2x Luneth & Noctis, for the helpless feeling of watching your whole team being stopped
    Or 2x Dark Fina, 2x Luneth, Shadow, to lure more players to the trap

Tbh, I see no reason trying to build that type of arena team. What is the point of making a team solely for the purpose of maximizing the chance that your team, with AI control, will win against other player?

19. Brou

Brou Well-Known Member

Use 1 White Knight Noel in #1 slot... He's so big that we can't target other team members until he's dead... :(
    (or it's quite difficult to and so very boring)

20. FFBENoctis

FFBENoctis Well-Known Member Supporter

I actually put WKN on the first slot but I just want his big body to completely hide the second-slot unit and let other side guess who this last unit is, for amusing only. Never know that this makes the hidden unit hard to target and may irritate others. so, I will set new position. Thanks for sharing.