1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Charlotte [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    She's one of the Knights of Grandshelt making a appearance to help your squad! That's right, we're talking about Charlotte and how well she compares in the Global meta. As usual leave comments, and questions below. And finally, I hope you enjoyed the review.

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [3*] | [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: White Magic Level 4, Green Magic Level 6
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Equip Heavy Shield (Materia): Allow users to wear heavy shields.
    Limit Break: AoE 400 HP Heal w 1.6x Mod & AoE 40% DEF for Three Turns - > AoE 400 HP x 2.55x Mod & AoE 59% DEF for Three Turns

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 531 / 1609 (150) 22 / 66 (25) 18 / 54 (10) 20 / 61 (14) 17 / 52 (10) 20 / 61 (10) 2 3
    4* 690 / 2092 (210) 28 / 86 (35) 23 / 70 (14) 26 / 80 (18) 22 / 67 (14) 26 / 80 (14) 3 3
    5* 898 / 2720 (240) 37 / 112 (40) 30 / 92 (16) 34 / 104 (24) 29 / 88 (16) 34 / 104 (16) 4 3

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Defend 1 Turn SELF Damage Reduction (50%) 8 6 [***]
    Power Break 120% ST Physical Attack -15% ATK Debuff for Three Turns 7 14 [***]
    Auto Regen Cast ~60 HP Heal w 1.2x Mod every turn 0 38 [***]
    Cover 5% chance to block a attack aimed at a ally 0 12 [****]
    ATK +10% Boosts ATK stat by 10% 0 38 [****]
    DEF +20% Boost DEF stat by 20% 0 42 [****]
    Undead Killer +50% Damage Boost to Undead enemies 0 50 [****]
    Demon Killer +50% Damage Boost to Demon enemies 0 31 [*****]
    HP +10% Boosts HP stat by 10% 0 56 [*****]
    Royal Guard 50% Chance to Block a Attack (+50% DEF/SPR when guarding ally) 0 72 [*****]
    Shellga AoE +40% SPR for Three Turns 24 80 [*****]

Pros: Charlotte is actually a very good tank. She's pretty much like a tank I will be comparing in the usual part of my review. What makes Charlotte very good is her custom Sentinel ability in Royal Guard which acts as your teams saving grace. Another great thing about Charlotte is she has a good SPR stat which is a huge + for her cause as most tanks we have in the game they have a low or not high SPR stat when Charlotte has a 104 SPR which is very good for her LB, and heal options if you were to inclined to give her some cures. This also makes her better to tank in specific content where enemies are more MAG based than physical. She could handle both cards of the job which is great for Charlotte. She also comes with the niche ability of Auto-Regen which adds more to her tankiness as a factor cause the extra bits of HP she gets back per turn could very well be enough to survive a fatal blow. In all, she has the stuff to be a great tank Great HP/DEF/SPR to tank the content in the next upcoming months or so.

Cons: She has both Undead / Demon Slayers which she will not be getting to use if she's your main tank as much slayer abilities in my honest opinion are more suited for offensive units cause they make full use of it. Charlotte is a tank, so she will not be attacking as much more so guarding attacks, the only time she will be doing damage is with her debuff move in Power Break.

Trust Mastery Award: Equip Heavy Shields isn't a terrible TM, nor is it a super great one to press time into. It's worth getting if you want units of yours to be more tanky as Heavy Shields give the highest DEF boosts in the game as of far. This could be very helpful for some mages, or some other units you want to be more suited to tank hits. So, it's not a bad TM for now.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Cecil
    • Both units have a 'Take Damage for Ally' Ability.
    • Cecil has higher W/G Magic meaning if needed he could take full use of better skills.
    • Charlotte has a higher HP (After Passive), DEF, and SPR stat as compared to Cecil.
    • Cecil has more support options i.e. Cura, and Dispel.
    Overall Verdict: Charlotte would be better in terms of needing a pure tank cause as I've listed above she has better stats than him and does exactly what he does but better. The thing that made Cecil 5* that good was the fact he could jump into attacks with his Sentinel at a 30% chance as opposed to Charlotte who has a amazing 50% chance to jump into attacks with her Royal Guard which makes her a great asset to any team. She doesn't have much support options besides debuffing with Power Break, as Cecil would with him being a backup healer, and removing potentially dangerous debuffs to your enemies. But, I still say Charlotte would be a better slot in this case.

Conclusion: Charlotte is a very good tank to get your hands on, I would try to pull for her for future content as she is a solid slot in doing what she needs to do. A wonderful chance in 50% guarding attacks sounds great, she could even play the healer card more effective cause of her having a good SPR if you even want to build that way. So, yeah summon for Charlotte I fully recommend her.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Breno, Arngrym, Orbis and 3 others like this.
  2. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    144 504 622
    Leads:
    Charlotte, Chizuru, Lenna, Artemios,
    As always Great Reviews Jet !

3. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    She reminds me Fencer.. Brilliant present but uncertain future due her star's limitation. If I did not have a tank yet, I would definitely go for her. Also, I like her design ::=3::

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  4. Luckyguy18

Luckyguy18 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Gives healer heavy shield so they can last longer! I like this idea!

5. SuRfY

SuRfY VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Eldin
    On a side note (comical one), imagine Zidane executing Chivalry on her...
    I know, not as if you will bring Zidane along in your main party..lol

6. Danis

Danis Active Member

Global ID:
    Nice guide jet. I daily pulled her and came here to check how she was.

7. Caiustheconcurer

Caiustheconcurer Member

Question now Leo or Charlotte

8. Sephiroth66

Sephiroth66 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    ...Ahh

That's mine as well. I'm probably going to be leaning more towards Charlotte in that case.

Here's why.

Personally I think having extra healing capability on a tank is invaluable. I've already been in situations where having an extra round of cura from my Tellah has saved my butt. Even with cheer and curaja from Lenna applied. Plus she has self generating HP which Leo doesn't have.

If you need a backup DPS however....Leo is probably the way to. I swap between Leo, Amarant, and now probably Charlotte.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  9. TooLegit50

TooLegit50 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Elza 797 attack
    I love your overviews keep them coming please and thank your for putting in the time to do them!

Jet Stingren likes this.
  10. Nomad

Nomad Member

Be nice. I have Zidane in my main party

11. Steelwind

Steelwind Well-Known Member

Question. Is Royal Guard only activated when you put Charlotte in Guard mode?

12. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    I would say that the +50% DEF/SPR bonus works when she protects an ally.

13. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @Steelwind: No, it auto procs on it's on regardless of what Charlotte does.

14. Caiustheconcurer

Caiustheconcurer Member

Charlotte plus shining and moon bracer? Auto protect and auto she'll?

15. Steelwind

Steelwind Well-Known Member

Wait so it procs alongside of Cover?

16. Ravoc

Ravoc Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Quick question. Charlotte has defend, how is that different from using guard? Because i thought guard blocked half the damage.

17. Arngrym

Arngrym Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina, Cecil, Noctis, CoD, Luka :D
    Greatly enjoy your reviews and have used them to make decisions on atleast a handful of occasions (this says a lot as I tend to chart my own course most of the time.)

Bravo.

Jet Stingren likes this.
  18. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I see 2 questions in this thread that needs answer. Now the Cecil banner has come, I would like to bump this thread up with:
    - Can Royal Guard/Sentinel proc after a turn that we commanded our Charlotte/Cecil to perform an Attack/Heal?
    - What is the purpose of Charlotte's 8MP Defense skill while we have the perfectly good Guard stance that every character has, without MP cost?

Hope for your answers. Thanks.

19. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    1st. It can NOT proc if Charlotte has to move ie attack command. If she casts spells like cura/Shellga then yea, it still proc.
    2nd. That's a stupid design. Guard reduce all dmg taken by 50%. Defense skill only reduce phys dmg by 50%. Basically it's a skill you never use.

NoctisXV and Do Tu Nguyen like this.
  20. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Thanks. This clears things up better than a day of googling. Your experiece is much appreciated!