1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Chizuru [Final Fantasy BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Move in Silence VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    A samurai who pledges her loyalty to whoever trains and helps her. That's right, we're talking about Chizuru and how well she compares in the Global meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And lastly, enjoy the review.

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Blade Mastery (Materia): +50% when holding a Katana.
    Limit Break: 310% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack -> 430% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 644 / 1951 (210) 26 / 79 (35) 30 / 92 (18) 25 / 76 (14) 21 / 64 (14) 21 / 63 (14) 4 2
    5* 837 / 2536 (240) 34 / 103 (40) 40 / 120 (24) 33 / 99 (16) 27 / 83 (16) 27 / 82 (16) 5 2
    6* 1088 / 3296 (390) 44 / 133 (65) 51 / 154 (34) 42 / 128 (26) 35 / 107 (26) 35 / 106 (26) 6 2

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Blade Bash 80% ST Physical Attack & 30% Paralyze 5 1 [****]
    ATK +20% Boosts users ATK stat by 20% - 6 [****]
    Fingersnap 110% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST Stat Buff Removal 6 12 [****]
    Finisher 50% Accurate Critical Hit 100% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack 5 26 [****]
    Light Shell 140% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF 7 31 [****]
    Counter 30% Chance Counter Physical Attacks - 57 [****]
    Nonpareil Self 3 Turn +20% ATK 6 40 [*****]
    No Fear Self 3 Turn +20% DEF/SPR 15 64 [*****]
    High Tide LB Fill Rate +100% - 70 [*****]
    Barrage 4x 80% RT Physical Attack 16 80 [*****]
    Molt 20% Chance Dodge Physical Attack - 1 [******]
    Glint 200% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF 19 28 [******]
    Hayate Evade Attacks (Max: 3) for 2 Turns 16 52 [******]
    Dismissal 210% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & 30% Chance 3 Turn Stop 20 72 [******]
    Blade and Body +25% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR when equipped with Katana - 90 [******]
    Phantom Shadow 140% AoE 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF 35 100 [******]
    Pros:
    Great Offensive Movepool (Both): Chizuru has alot of moves in her movepool that hold merit to be used in the situations where they most fit in. She has dispel on one her attacks, the ability to cause stop which is a rare status aliment in this game right now, -DEF ignore on ST & AoE attacks. Chizuru has alot of options to hold a place in a team cause of this alone really.

All Stat Up Passive (Current): Chizuru is one of the few units that gets a passive that boosts all her stats minus MP/HP. This is great for her now, cause before she was lacking a defensive passive making her a glass cannon when she was a 5*. I mean sure, she had the support of Helms, and heavy armor. But, without passives they wouldn't get you far in survival. And in this meta, your unit need passives to help them excel in their jobs which is what Chizuru did.

Barrage (Past): In the past meta, Chizuru was the best Barrage unit in the game. Even beating out the other top unit Cloud of Darkness. This was because of her high base ATK, and the ability to use better equips than CoD. Chizuru dealt heavy amounts of damage to enemies which made her really good at the time. Even when the sudden DEF increase on enemies happened she was still dealing good to high amounts of damage which was great.

Current: In the current meta, her Barrage actually still does some work. But, doesn't hold a high place to be used. This isn't saying her Barrage is bad it's cause of her -DEF ignore moves in Glint, and Phantom Shadow having a higher desire to be used cause of their higher power. But, if you would want to. Her Barrage is still actually usable.

Dodge Chance Current: This is actually a great passive to have in the current meta. Cause this gives you a fighting chance against specific enemies in the game. Nobody really likes taking a huge amount of damage to their units but having the chance to at least avoid maybe 1-2 hits out of maybe 5? Would go great cause it allows her the chance to survive more. That's always helpful in content now in days.

Cons:
    Selfish Buffs (Both): Chizuru has alot of selfish buffs in her movepool which could've been replaced for better moves imo. The sad thing is none of these moves even hold merit to be used cause they were +20% buffs. Even when Chizuru was introduced there was +40% buffs in units making them deemed unnecessary from the start.

Lack of HP Passives (Both): Having a HP passive is kinda a staple for good units cause it allows them to be able to survive move from the upcoming content at hand. Chizuru unfortunately doesn't have a single HP passive which means she sits about 3.2K without any espers, or equips are factored in which could put her in a dangerous spot.

PvP Arena:
    Chizuru is actually very good in PvP Arena cause of her having AoE ST & DEF ignore on her attacks. Making her able to hit or break the 999 cap easily without to much effort. Another great move in her arsenal for this is Dismissal while it's only a 30% chance to cause Stop and is ST it's still helpful for locking down some dangerous units on the field so you can have a easier turn. So, I do recommend Chizuru for PvP Arena.

Trust Mastery Award:
    Blade Mastery is one of those TMs that YOU MUST GET. The main reason is it's so good for Chizuru herself, or any other unit who can wield a Katana. If you give this materia to them that's like a bonus of +70 (or higher) to them which is insanely high for a materia. So, I hugely recommend this TM to anyone. Cause it's a TM that will never be replaced.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Gilgamesh
    • Chizuru has -DEF ignore on both ST, and AoE while Gilgamesh only has it on AoE.
    • Gilgamesh has a higher total ATK passive than Chizuru (60% if Katana, 45% on Chizuru)
    • Chizuru has dodge attacks saving her from trouble on some niche moments.
    Overall Verdict: Gilgamesh is actually better than Chizuru. Divider from Gilgamesh isn't that much higher than Chizuru Phantom Shadow only losing by a 40% mod difference. But, when factoring in their attack stats after passives. Then yeah, Gilgamesh would dent the target harder. Chizuru however has a bit more merit cause of her status of Stop which gives her a insanely high push in places like PvP Arena namely. Gilgamesh is better than her in damage overall. But, not overwhelming better.

[​IMG] - Bartz
    • Bartz has a higher total ATK up passive than Chizuru (50% on Bartz, 45% on Chizuru)
    • Chizuru has much more offensive pressure than Bartz.
    • Bartz has a much higher supportive value than Chizuru.
    Overall Verdict: Chizuru wins this one pretty easily. And that's is because of her -DEF ignore attacks. If she didn't have any of her own, then she would kinda tie with him. Bartz having a 400% mod on his Wind Barrage does beat out Glint from Chizuru. But, Bartz is lacking any real AoE which hurts him alot in many situations. The damage isn't gonna be distributed evenly cause of the fact his Barrage are RT moves. Meanwhile, Chizuru can fight in ST, or AoE situations. So, I would give this one to Chizuru.

Conclusion:
    Chizuru is still a great atttacking unit in this game. When her 6* came she got alot more better suited for the meta which was great. Giving her a defensive passives, a AoE attack and much more. I'd make Chizuru a 6* in all honesty, she's pretty great overall.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  2. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Really hope I get her once she's released. :D

3. Suzaku

Suzaku Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD
    Pulled for Chizuru 4 times. Got Golbez, Kefka, Russell and Clyde.

I mean, 2 out of 3 is nice. But RNGesus knows not to give the only thing you want. I'll maybe try later if I can get more lapis (not spending a dime on a Gumi game).

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. DanT

Don't forget Chizuru is a 4* base unit, so you need at least a yellow crystal for her to have a chance to appear.

5. Suzaku

Suzaku Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    CoD
    I rerolled another account. Got Chizuru 4*, Bartz 3*, Kefka 3* x2, Edgar 4*, Fran 3* plus other trash.

I'm tempted to keep this account and start over again. My current team is Bartz 5*, CoD 4*, Kain 4*, Edgar 4* and Fran 4*, Kefka 3* and Golbez 3* (after a week playing).

I would need to step up a lot to catch where I currently am. But the main question would be, is it worth having Chizuru over CoD?

Either that or pray to Almighty RNGesus to let me pull her in my main account.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  6. DanT

Not really, imo. They are on a similar tier.

7. Holic

Holic Well-Known Member

Does she have a 6* form in jp or is her being 5th on the tir list for attackers based on her 5* form?

8. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Is there a point on having 2 Chizurus in my main team? One of my accounts consists of 2 Chizurus, Vaan, Kefka, and Roselia.. The rest of the units are mid-level ones. I really had no choice but to put the two together. I have 5000 lapiz right now and I am considering rolling for a Bartz or CoD. Should I or wait for the next batch of new allies?

9. Machiknight

Machiknight Member

I am curious also about having 2x Chizuru on a team, I have a 5* and a 4* and have them both on...

10. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Why not? Having 2 Chizurus means you have 2 Barrage. That's 16 hits. If you were able to grab Zidane and get his TM Dual Wield, you can have 32 Hits.
    I only have 1 Chizuru on my team, but i wouln't mind on having 2 of them.
    2 Chizuru, 1 healer, 1 Mag, 1 Tank/supporter

11. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Actually, @Revenge

Barrage is 4 Hit RT 80% Attack. So it would be 8 if 2 Chizuru were used.

2ugLee likes this.
  12. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    Yes i know. I said 8 because Chizuru makes 2 hits per attack.
    Don't forget that Dual Wield will then be doubling the number of Attacks.

13. Cloud-san

Cloud-san Member

She is 6* now, I just got 1 from moogle rare ticket. Cheers the chocodroid

14. Gorz

Gorz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Cecil, Delita,Noctis
    Not until after maintenance

15. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

how does she compare to the current 6*s?

16. bwnyc

bwnyc Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru, CoD
    Still leveling her up. Need to get to 100 to open up AoE attack...finally!

17. Krauser

Krauser Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath/Luneth
    Waiting for your review Jet ::VIP::::VIP::::VIP::

18. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
  19. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    I just wanna say how important this upgrade is for the poor guys who don't have Luneth or lightening, essentially because of her AoE Phy attack. beside those two powerhouses the rest of the universe was really lacking it. Bladeblitz was a nice move but was really lacking the damage and now that I finally have it I'm finding chiz more useful than elza (which is my only relevant dps) because of that single move. I think she still lack some better multipliers but I've read that the enhancements really make a great difference when they get to her

20. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    If you can bang out a Dual Wield Materia, I think Chizuru beats Luneth. All her moves become pretty ridic if they get double play. 2x timestop, 2x phantom, 2x barrage , 2x glint.

edit - I have been using Hayate to setup a provoke/counter attack combo which works surprisingly well. Black belts would probably make this even more interesting.