1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Dark Fina [Final Fantasy BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lisa

Lisa New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza, Noctis, Dark Fina
    Lol. Just pull if you like the units and dont rely on power creeps. Fun way to play the game really.

Khidir, Sparkle and Valmanway like this.
  2. snowburnd

snowburnd New Member

OTOH, WRT your last point, if you're taking into account all those TMRs, don't forget Terra has Ultima to give as well.

3. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Active Member Supporter

Ultima is a Black Magic Spell doing 280% mod, which ignores 25% SPR.
    Meteor is a Black Magic Spell doing 250% mod, which ignores 25% SPR.

Wicked Light is an Ability Skill doing Holy Element Damage with 280% mod , ignoring 25% SPR.

My issue here is why you have chosen to make the comparison between an apple and an orange. Clearly Meteor is more akin to Ultima than Wicked Light, the basis of any weighting a user must make is if they believe the 30% mod is worth the extra 10 mp per cast. However the way you frame it you take Ultima which costs 60mp and can be dual cast with a skill that costs 65mp, cant be dual cast and can be resisted by holy defense.

In the case of ExDeath his Meteor is probably better than Dark Fina's Ultima since trancender increases meteors damage by 30%.

ExDeath Meteor + Transcender 1.3*((800^2 / 300) * 2.5 * (10 + (100 / 10))) = 138666 damage
    D.Fina Ultima (800^2 / 300) * 2.8 * (10 + (100 / 10))) = 119466

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Active Member Supporter

He doesnt need ultima, his meteor and all equal tier damage attacks he does are better than what d.fina can do because of transcender see here

Keep in mind when Enhancements come to the game as they are in JP, you can upgrade Transcender to do +50% damage.

Transcender is just really OP.

snowburnd likes this.
  5. Griffin

Griffin Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    so, pull her, or wait for Orlandu? lol. f2p here

6. justadude123

justadude123 Active Member

I have a question for D.Fina's "Physical Fall" where it Decrease ATK/DEF (40%) for 3 turns to all enemies.

It is a spell right? sth like deprotect.

I notice that quite a number of boss enemies are either totally immune or highly immune to break abilities. but no so for spells like deprotect.

i am guessing that physical fall will stick to most bosses who are immune break attacks.

Maybe somone can try using physical fall on two headed dragon, and see how it goes, since two head dragon is 100% immune to all break abilities.

7. ChronoTrigger84

ChronoTrigger84 Member Supporter

Good question. 2 headed dragon will also resist Physical Fall- just tried.

8. snowburnd

snowburnd New Member

EDITED: I see a couple of areas where Orlandeau becomes much more powerful than noctis, like the immunities and the 70% att bonus with a longsword...still...

Based on your party it looks like you lack a solid magic damage unit, thought Kefka might be getting a 6* at some point.

I don't think it's worth it to actively pull for her, honestly. She has A LOT of upside, but counting on getting a 5* as an F2P is not a great idea, though if you luck into an Exdeath of any star level you'll be better off. Luka's an awesome healer, but Elle is useless. If that's worth it, I'd throw a few tickets or stick to the once a days.

I was pulling for Luka and lucked into a Dark Fina using a ticket. I was over the hill getting 2 5*s so close together (I pulled Noctis Christmas morning), but at the same time I think I've probably used up my RNG blessings for the next 5 years.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    I would take Darkie over ExD any time! Maybe I will have this luck, for now I have one maxed ExD, one 3* rising and two maxed Hopes, waiting for dualcast materias.

10. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Member

Having spent the last two days using her, I'd definately prefer her over Exdeath, primarily because of the MP regen per turn. Osmose is only useful when the enemy has MP to be drained from... when the situation drops to the point where you only have MP regen, she can gain like 20+ MP per turn from the 400+ MP she has when equiped with an Esper at max level, so she can literally keep casting a single -ga spell. So ultimately in very very long fights she beats down Exdeath here. It took me 23 turns to summon diablos and defeat Maxwell. So this is why I value units with a passive MP regen so highly.

The fact Dark Fina can not be silenced, makes her better than Exdeath, as rather than waste slots on protecting against silence she can for the most part be using that extra slot for pushing her Mag or whatever stat higher than Exdeath. Although I find it odd she isn't protected against confusion like Refia and Luneth?

In the arena she is just pure awesome... there's nothing like seeing an enemy Noctis confused and killing his own teammates. Thanks to the golem staff, most people have petrify immunity from items equiped on their teams. But given very few people are likely to have more than one ribbon equiped, its amusing to see an enemy team confused, blind, asleep, paralysed or if none of these landed petrified. It's probably not as good as Noctis' fire flask or the stop from his thunderflask... Dark fina doesn't suffer the problem of having her MP drained in the arena, next turn she'll be ready to cast -ga spell or distress again! Noctis is screwed once his mp is out, same with Exdeath. Her higher health is also a godsend in the arena, as she's less likely to be killed in turn one when the AI decides to focus on her or use all it's AOEs.

Fortunately her elemental resistances can be counter balanced by equiping the esper Carbuncle, especially if you are concerned about an enemy doing light damage to her.

One surprising thing I did find when using Luneth, Exdeath and Dark Fina together, it is surprisingly easy to cause spark chains. The timing on Meteor and Ultima's damage are indentical. I've still no idea what the difference between a normal chain and a spark chain, but I can pull it off very consistently with those three characters.

As much as I like using Dark Fina, it doesn't mean I completely bench Exdeath... He has his uses due to both characters only sharing Earth and Thunder elemental damage

Overall I'm very happy I got her. If I need a mage for a very long fight, I'm pretty much covered :)

Last but not least, she's "smexier" than Exdeath :-P

Sparkle and snowburnd like this.
  11. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    No. It doesn't. You can only use one D.Fina TMR per unit.

12. Ultimatheory

Ultimatheory Member

Global ID:
    I have a friend with max TMR's who put up both Exdeath and DF as leads with Ring of the Lucii equipped so I got to see both at maximum potential (dualcast Alterna is amazing). I have to say DF is stronger in terms of raw damage except against units that Exdeath's Transcender targets, which is actually a fairly large number of units. Both units get good immunities, but Exdeath has to equip his through Grand Helm. I find DF's LB stronger for event and story content due to chain potential and the number of LB crystals that drop (reminds me of my rapidly depleting Elza friends ::cry::). I preferred Exdeath for this particular event as he did more damage to bosses (particularly to Dark Fina because of Transcender). They both downed ELT Fina in 3 turns anyhow (with support from team, working around breakpoints). Honestly, I would love to have both for different scenarios, but the likelihood of getting DF on top of my Exdeath, then finding the motivation to have to farm out totally different TM's for her is generally an unlikely and unpleasant thought.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Sparkle and snowburnd like this.
  13. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    D.F vs ExD? Obviously D.F.
    Not only because of her higher dmg output (not by a large margin) but also

Her wider element coverage
    Her higher stats making her much tankier than ExD, just like any other 5* bases
    Refresh for mp recovery in long fight
    Her IMMUNITY, this is huge but often overlooked
    Her break and debuffs which means she can do other things besides dealing dmg

So if I have a chance to choose, seriously D.Fina without a half second of doubt.
    The thing is, she is a base 5 and also a mage in the physical meta. And she is not an Amazing upgrade from ExD like the jump from Chizuru 6 to something like Luneth and later on Orlandu. Hence my decision not to waste a single ticket chasing D.Fina.
    Even when she's the best mage in JP, there's not so much a mage can do sadly.

Valmanway, Sparkle and Xshock like this.
  14. Kingguss

Kingguss Well-Known Member Supporter

Honestly didn't care to pull her...mages are going downhill anyway + exdeath is way easier to get.I only spent like 5 tickets on this banner and it wasn't even for her...I just wanted the healer(luka or elle ,can't remember which one) nah I think ill save my tix for the next few weeks in hopes of getting orlandu(probably not but damnit I can dream can't i,I got lightning with just 3 tickets)

15. Nodscene

Nodscene Member

I just pulled her on the daily so I'm pretty happy about that. I'm f2p so getting rainbows are few and far between. That said I do have 2 Gilgamesh which isn't bad.

Khidir likes this.
  16. Valmanway

Valmanway Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning / Luneth / Noctis
    I am so happy i got her but originally i wasnt even thinking of getting her on this banner since i decided just to do daily pulls for this banner. I was actually just aiming for a Luka so i can tey her out and maybe she can swap out refia on some situation, 3 or 4 days ago after that Maria pull, i decided to use one ticket out of my 33, so i pulled and blue appeared, so crack itm but turned to yellow, i said its cool, maybe i cah finally have Luka, but then after the yellow it turned to rainbow! I was truly shocked as it is my first time on rare ticket to have a rainbow.. and then Dark Fina came, so freaking happy!! With the reviews here and there, I can say that D Fina is obviously better than Exdeath but i wont be setting aside my exdeath yet because he can still be used in arena.

Khidir likes this.
  17. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    I find comparing 3* base to 5* base ridiculous. I would trade my 2 Exdeaths for 1 Darkie without any hesitation. But I didn't get her, so I will use my Exds...

Valmanway likes this.
  18. Valmanway

Valmanway Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning / Luneth / Noctis
    Hopefully RNG Gods will bless you with one rainbow crystal my friend!

Kosiciel likes this.
  19. Sage

Sage New Member

I'm not too sure how her double cast works yet. Do I just double click on a spell ? Or is it auto ? Perhaps just one skill?

20. Cherub

Cherub Active Member

Leads:
    Dark Fina
    She learns a skill called Dual Black Magic you tap it then you tap two spells

If she hadnt learned the skill you cant do it.

Sage likes this.