1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Dark Knight Cecil [Final Fantasy 4]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Before he was a paladin to save the world, he was a dark knight in the powerful Baron Army! That's right, we're talking about Dark Knight Cecil and how he compares in the Global meta! As usual, leave comments, and questions in this thread.

[​IMG]

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 942 / 2854 (240) 37 / 111 (40) 39 / 119 (24) 31 / 94 (16) 29 / 89 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 10 1
    6* 1225 / 3711 (390) 48 / 145 (65) 51 / 155 (34) 41 / 123 (26) 38 / 116 (26) 39 / 117 (26) 12 1

Magic Levels at 6*: None
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +50% resistance to Darkness
    Weaknesses [6*]: Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +100% resistance to Darkness
    Trust Mastery Award: Deathbringer (Weapon) +120 ATK + Adds Dark element to attacks.
    Limit Break: Lose 20% HP 270% AoE Physical Attack > Lose 20% HP + 390% AoE Physical Attacks

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    5*: Store (3), Last Stand (3), Darkness (10), Drain Blade (56), HP Scroll (68), Dark Cannon (76)
    6*: Absolute Dark (1), ATK +30% (15), Gravity Ball (31), DEF +20% (50), +20% HP (62), Auto-Refresh (82), Dark Flame (93), Soul Eater (100)

Pros: DK Cecil is a well.. very stupid strong unit when we start to get our 6* units really. Without any stat ups he has a massive 155 ATK without anything equipped that's really high, he also has a very wide offensive movepool to make use of this attack. I'll say now his Last Stand will be more niche you'll see why when I get to the cons of him. DK Cecil also gets a plethora of boosts to his name. Absolute Dark, ATK +20%, DEF +20%, and HP +20% all when he gets to 6* geez man calm down, the darkness can take a break! I wanna point how DK Cecil mods for his attacks are also very high, and most of them are dark element He even has a useful MAG attack which he could be a wall breaker if used correctly.

Cons: DK Cecil has a huge problem, and that's him losing HP whenever he uses most of his skills. It may not seem to bad now, but this is very dangerous when it comes to content where you need as much HP as possible. This pretty much brakes DK Cecil and lowers him alot cause you need the HP in order to survive! You need the HP in order to keep yourself going steady, you can't even be reckless with him cause if you use his moves then it pretty much kills him. Even his final move, Soul Eater is a massive -49% decrease in HP that's half your HP just for one turn, if you don't have a strong healer with Curaga/Curaja then you'll be in some serious trouble for him.

Trust Mastery Award: Deathbringer pretty much is a direct opposite of Excalibur from regular Cecil. So, it's a good grab to get it might not be as super great as Excalibur as oftenly I see enemies with dark resist which can limit the swords potential. But, it's still a very good TM to farm for.

Comparing to Other Units: DK Cecil doesn't seem to have any competition at the time of his release.

Conclusion: It's real risky to use DK Cecil in any sort of hard content, he may be a nuke. But, he loses to much HP in the process which if RNG decides to be bad he can get focus targeted 3 times in one turn and he's already dead. I don't know if you should be happy for pulling him he's not bad, he's strong he just has this massive HP deal problem which may screw him over easily.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    K.Abuse, Hillgigas209, Da-mav and 2 others like this.
  2. Flyincatz

Flyincatz Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    why is he frowning?

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  3. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Well it's good if i got him, i have tank and enough healer

4. Pyrodox1

Pyrodox1 Active Member

Another irrelevant unit that nobody will ever get because he's a 5* base. I guess this is Gumi's plan to bleed the whales and piss off those who don't want to invest hundreds on one unit.

5. Timo

Timo Member

I never got a 4* unit... but somehow i think dk cecil will be my first > 3* unit -.-

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  6. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    But DK Cecil is 5* Base. ._.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  7. Timo

Timo Member

I know! I just want to point out that when I have luck, it's that kind of "luck" ;-)

8. Kingguss

Kingguss Well-Known Member Supporter

How would a dkc with barrage be ?

9. Bùi Kiên Trung

Bùi Kiên Trung Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    But the Deathbringer has Man-eater as a bonus. I personally think it's better than Excalibur :) ( especially for PvP mode in the future )

10. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    yes with dkc's dark resist -100% and cheer or hero's rime from ramza he'll wipe out anything

11. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    you see, his enchanment 9999 heals is active at the end of the turn, thats mean as long as he didnt die he'll recover full hp

12. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    With DW, he will get to regen at the middle of 2 attacks. So he wont kill himself instantly but will left at 40% at the end of the turn. However, you need to invest alot in him to get that. And it even not that amazing comparing to other units.

13. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Rather than dont have any good 5* unit...

14. Lagsalot

Lagsalot Active Member

I Loooove DKC. The best in Donkey Kong series.

sorry

15. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    To add, it's hard to rectify the downside of Dark Knight skills since the HP loss is percentage-wise.. SO even if you managed to increase your HP from 4000 to 5000, it would still be the same.

16. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Thats the downside, thats why you need right party for him...

17. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    A niche unit that's high risk but not much reward. Unless a redesign or a special equipment, new enhancements or he is still out there at the very bottom of 5* bases tier list.

18. Drain

Drain New Member

Global ID:
    I plan on giving my DK Cecil a blood sword (from colosseum) and/or barrage (from Luna's TMR). Would he still be a bad unit then?

Maybe dual wield, with his own TMR too, idk yet

19. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Why blood sword he aleardy have drain blade, barrage is fine

20. Drain

Drain New Member

Global ID:
    Its just because drain blade is hybrid dmg (which isn't good at all) and Drainer is pure physical dmg, and with better HP drain (50%). It isn't necessary i know, but it would be good to have it

I just realized my name matches the HP absorbing skills lol