1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Delita [Final Fantasy Tactics]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    The man who turned against the empire, and believed that he himself was a hero. That's right, we're talking about Delita and how well he compares into the GL meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And as usual, enjoy the review.

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Moonblade [Equip]: +118 ATK
    Limit Break: 270% AoE 6 Hit Thunder Physical Attack & 50% Silence -> 390% AoE 6 Hit Thunder Physical Attack & 74% Silence

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 890 / 2698 (240) 39 / 118 (40) 38 / 114 (24) 32 / 97 (16) 30 / 92 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 10 1
    6* 1157 / 3507 (390) 50 / 153 (65) 49 / 148 (34) 42 / 126 (26) 39 / 119 (26) 39 / 117 (26) 12 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Store 80% ATK per Use (160% Max) until Next Action (Damage Taken +50%) 2 4 [*****]
    Last Stand +20% DEF after HP drops below 30% & +20% SPR after HP drops below 30% 0 18 [*****]
    Counter Tackle 30% Chance Counter Physical Attacks 0 24 [*****]
    Helm Break 180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 5 Turn -40% SPR Debuff 12 34 [*****]
    Mediciate Self Cure Poison, Blind, and Silence 6 42 [*****]
    Barrage 4x 80% RT Physical Attack 16 58 [*****]
    ATK +20% Boosts ATK stat by 20% 0 68 [*****]
    Thundaga Blade 180% ST 1 Hit Thunder Hybrid Attack 14 74 [*****]
    Ambition +40% Crit 0 1 [******]
    Shield Break 180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 5 Turn -40% DEF Debuff 12 14 [******]
    Northswain Strike 160% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 40% DEF 3 28 [******]
    MP Stroll +2 MP healed every step 0 48 [******]
    HP +30% Boosts users HP by 30% 0 64 [******]
    Auto Refresh Recovery 5% of MP every turn 0 84 [******]
    Meditate AoE +45% MAG/SPR for 5 Turns 57 96 [******]
    Crush Armor [Exclusive] 190% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -40% DEF/SPR Debuff 20 0 [*****]

Pros: Delita has alot of moves to mess around with. This allows him based on his innate moveset alone to be more of a supportive DPS as opposed to a standalone DPS. This makes him more versatile which is always good. Also added to the effect that he has Last Stand which is a last ditch effort to get your Delita back up to a reasonable amount of HP. Most of Delitas moves all revolve around debuffing the enemy and or hitting for ignore DEF, and his debuffs are strong in the game right now the only debuffs that we have on units are up to 30% from Full Break so his moves make your units deal a tad bit more damage. You wouldn't be missing out on extreme damage from the difference to 30 > 40% but any extra damage added to your team is good. Delita also has a innate ability in Ambition which gives him a additional crit chance since he's more support his DPS isn't gonna be off the charts (unless you build him that way.) But, with Ambition even when he's playing the support card he can still deal a huge amount of damage on his skills if the crit procs off. Meditate is his only buffing move which is a slightly better Focus 45% instead of 40% and his buff lasts for 5 turns instead of 3 which is great time cause due to him having auto refresh he can at least heal some of the MP used as Meditate is a massive 57 MP per use so he wouldn't necessarily be doomed if he used it every 5 turns.

Cons: Delita lacks any super high damage moves. All of his moves are below 200% mod, even in 5* there were some moves given to units that was in the 5* meta who had a 200%+ mod in their innate movepool Kefka for example who has Hyperdrive which is a 230% mod, I know at this point Delita is more support than DPS but if he had a 200%+ move his DPS options would've opened up a bit more making him able to fill the card more effectively. He also lacks AoE on any of his attacks which again limits his offensive potential in the meta we are in now AoE attacks greatly help teams in terms of surviving, and clearing the content at hand.

Crush Armor [Delita's Exclusive Materia]: To be fair with you, it's putting his already learned moves Helm / Shield break together into one move this is good cause with this you can quickly set up more if Delita is your debuffer for content you can get his buff up with Meditate, and debuff only taking two turns instead of 3 if you've built a more damaging team then this would be great cause those teams are all about getting in damage as fast as possible.

Comparing to Other Units

There isn't any current 6* support characters that are released right now, Lightning our other 6* is a DPS and far exceeds Delita in terms of offensive combat so she wouldn't be fair to compare at all.
    Conclusion: If you pulled Delita be happy, he's a overall solid support unit who can help your team with some more than useful buffs and debuff the enemies at hand, it sucks cause he cannot debuff ATK/MATK which would've made him a amazing support unit but the 6* meta just started so I can allow this to pass in all honesty. So, I would try for Delita.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Da-mav likes this.
  2. Sephiroth66

Sephiroth66 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Nice overview Jet. Now I don't seem that sad about not pulling him.

Alma though.... omgur I can't stop pulling her every dayum day.

3. Lucied

Lucied Member

Global ID:
    340 016 131
    Leads:
    Noctis
    He definitely seems like a Vaan on steroids, although Vaan and Warrior of Light one ups him with Full Break.

4. Kyoshiro

Kyoshiro Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL:Elza
    Right now he is the strongest unit with innate Barrage and since his breaks lowers def/spr better than Full Break, he is a very good unit imo.

5. Da-mav

Da-mav Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Justin beiber
    1??
    I wish i pulled delita. He would be good in any team composition. IMO he probably would be a staple for future boss trials, of course with the right build.

6. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Why i want lightning, didnt get her but this Delita instead... my current party's future 6* all of them better than Delita sigh...

7. 2Mourty

2Mourty New Member

I don't think that all of the 6*'s are better than Delita. I'm currently power leveling mine and his debuff is already making life easier. I'm going to equip him with a dual wield (I got 2 Zidane's) and his event specific materia and he will be a pretty hard hitting support character (He does have a base 148 attack stat and 40% chance criticals). He will actually have some time to attack because his buff's and debuff's last 5 turns instead of 3 and with regenerating mana he won't run out of mana in event dungeons. He isn't a Lightning dps wise, but variety between pieces (sorry I think of the game as a weird game of chess) allows different strategies.

I have decided that between 2AM and 3AM is the best time to summon. I spent 20 dollars trying to get a Lightning (I know nothing compared to some people, but the most I've ever spent on a pay to play) and got the worse pulls of my life. 2 days later I couldn't sleep and did a 250 lapis summon and out popped Lightning. I thought all of my luck was gone, but a week and a half later I did another 250 lapis pull at 3AM and out popped Delita =)

Not just typing that to boast, hopefully pulling early in the morning will help somebody else. Now if I could get a warrior of light on my main account; my alt has 2 =(

winzzz likes this.
  8. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Well instead you could have full breaker and full dps, wol's break is half fullbreak with 45% so its better and wol have cheer? Maybe or its cecil i forgot
    Most of player want lightning either her fans or really need high damager like me, with my party i can barely survived elite but lightning alone can wipe them out.. but delita cant

9. 2Mourty

2Mourty New Member

1. You have a completely valid point with Lighting being able to help survive elite. I am coming from the extremely lucky viewpoint of having a Lightning and Delita. I would prefer a Lighting to a Delita anyday.

2. If you have a major DPS character like Lightning or Orlandeau(not out yet in global) or whatever damage monster comes out later; then having Delita as a support character is a valid and useful strategy.

3.It seems (my point of view) that one of Delita's main weaknesses is that he doesn't have an AOE like Lightning does so he can't be your main physical DPS unit, but again as a buffer/debuffer that can contribute damage he seems nice (so far at least) Probably really useful against a boss!

4. I LOVE how Delita's limit break has a text balloon come in above his head that looks like it came directly from Final Fantasy Tactics. Geek out material there. =)

Gorz and TooLegit50 like this.
  10. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    No, he will not support physical attacker, if you have mage party then he'll be better than vaan focus, but i dont have mage party even vaan is collecting dust right now
    For later i think vaan is more useful since he has counter aoe fullbreak and aoe virus attack, just give him barrage and dual wield then at least he is not bad

11. 2Mourty

2Mourty New Member

Sorry I implied that he was supporting a physical party. I've got a migraine so the words are not coming out quite right. I'm typing just to distract myself.

I can't use meditate yet because I don't have the materials yet to get him to 6 star. I'll be doing that for LIghtning first. I was having trouble with elite even with Lightning because my mage characters were not very strong. So I went down to Pro and have been leveling my mages. Delita's debuff against spirit made it easier for my weak mages to kill Isilud, the character that resists fire, lightning, and ice magic.

So yes he wouldn't support physical characters, but a 40% debuff to defense and spirit would help a physical party. Yes Vaan has full break, but Delita seems to be able to more damage than Vaan can. I could be wrong, I havn't done the math. Plus to be honest I always hate Vaan in ff12 some maybe I'm just being biased.

12. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Vaan got 50% atk = 198
    Delita 20%atk = 177

While delita lack aoe, vaan lack high st attack,
    Delita got crit 40% but vaan got evade

13. Lucied

Lucied Member

Global ID:
    340 016 131
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Vaan has higher attack, yes, but Delita has innate barrage to add to that 40% crit. Delita can out out more dps, and nearly on par support, there's not really an argument to that.

14. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Yeah that exlude crit and barrage

15. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    That 40% crit is not additive to 20% nature crit everyone has. With that passive, Delita has 28% crit chance instead of 20%. Not that big of a deal comparing to other 5* base steroid like Dual wielding, Holy resist debuff, full party mp recover and such.

16. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    oh i see, i thought he will have 40%/60% crits..
    he cant be compared to full dps, and cant be compared to full support
    in other word, half baked....

17. Sir Vincent

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    He's almost the worst 6* in the tier list, I think above 2-3 6*, some of those are even 3* base. So yea, I wouldn't be that happy to get him. Even his TMR is worse than Dark Cecil sword, same 5* base.

18. Luckyguy18

Luckyguy18 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Lol after reading all these comments it makes me want to just farm more 6s awakening materials and leave my Delita at 5s.... oh well at least I can stick with chizuru for now

19. Sir Vincent

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Chorizo is no doubt stronger than Delita if you think of him as a dps. In support role, I rather choose others over Delita as well... poor guy :/

20. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    That mixed feeling when you finally pulled a 5* base but it sucks

Nea0709 and Luckyguy18 like this.