1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Dracu Lasswell [FFBE: Halloween]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    I'm here to suck your blood! Anyway, today we're gonna be talking about Dracu Lasswell and how well he compares to the current GL meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And enjoy this review.

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: -25% Fire/Holy Attacks | Resistances: +50% Resistance to Dark, +25% Resist to Sleep
    Trust Mastery Award: Vampire Cloak (Equip): DEF +20, MAG/SPR +30, Unlocks Evade skill to be used.
    Limit Break: 270% Ice ST Physical Damage -> 390% Ice ST Physical Damage

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 2580 118 115 95 100 83 12 1
    6* 3354 154 150 124 130 108 12 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Mirror of Equity 120% ST Physical Damage 3 7 [*****]
    Fingersnap 120% ST Physical Damage + Dispel Effect 6 15 [*****]
    ATK +10% Boosts users ATK stat by 10% - 21 [*****]
    Blizzara 140% AoE Ice Damage 9 24 [****]
    Aerora 140% AoE Wind Damage 9 36 [*****]
    Bat Form Decreases chances to be targeted by 65% - 40 [*****]
    Mirage Negates two hits for 3 turns 12 48 [*****]
    ATK +20% Boosts users ATK stat by 20% - 59 [*****]
    Bloodlust Hybrind 2x Damage and 1x Physical Damage with 30% HP Drain 15 70 [*****]
    Blizzaga 180% AoE Ice Damage 20 42 [******]
    Hallowed Song 100% Dark Damage with Undead Killer (200% boost in damage) to all enemies. 18 50 [******]
    Aeroga 180% AoE Wind Damage 20 65 [******]
    Black Mist 150% AoE Dark damage with Sleep (25%) chance, loses -20% HP 0 82 [******]
    Nightmare Assault 220% ST Physical Damage to one enemy, lowers enemy ATK/DEF by -40%, lowers enemy Ice resistance by 40% 30 100 [******]
    Pros: Dracu Lasswell actually has a few good merits on him. His Bat Form helps him cause it goes well with his Mirage he could potentially go the full three turn without being hit by attacks unless they were AoE. Not a super OP gimmick, but it works pretty niche for him. Not something you should be majorly depending on for hard content. Black Mist is his version of Darkside but is actually better for a the sleep chance, and the fact it takes lesser HP % than Darkside. Darkside would take 30%, this only takes 20% which is easily more healable depending on the healer you use. Nightmare Assault is the main move you want out of him, and it's actually very good to use. It combines up greatly with mages who have Blizzaga, or Lightning and her Ice Blitz. Alongside the -40% ATK/DEF which is the 1st combine of the buff in Global as of right now. We only have single versions which are held by Ramza, and Delita respectively.

Cons: Hallowed Song would've been much better if it was Physical damage instead of Magic. Cause since Lasswell is more so suited in ATK the extra Undead Killer boost would've done huge amounts of damage to their type. Instead of magic which does okay, to good damage depending on what you have on him. His HP Drains aren't that strong also which is odd since Gumi hyped up him to be the HP stealing Knight. You'd think he'd have a useful drain. But, nah. His drains are meh at best.

Trust Mastery Award: This one isn't worth, It's actually a weaker version of Almas TM "Lordly Robes" which gives a DEF +45, MAG/SPR +35 with auto protect & shell. Unlike Lasswells, which is lower and gives Evade as a ability which isn't useful at all. So, I would skip this TM.

Comparing to Other Units

[​IMG] - Dark Knight Cecil
    • Dark Knight Cecil has higher ATK + passives than DLasswell.
    • DLasswell doesn't lose HP when using his most of his skills, DKCecil loses HP on almost all of them.
    • Both share a innate resistance to darkness, but DKC has a 100% resist.
    Overall Verdict: DKC would clearly outdamage Lasswell in many circles like ten times over. Cause of his moves having higher mods, but the extra HP lost coming from DKC makes him very risky to use. Unlike, Dracu Lasswell who can constantly keep pumping out damage, DKC can't do this unless he would suicide himself and you wouldn't want that haha. In terms of damage, DKC wins, but in consistency DLasswell would be better.

Conclusion: Dracu Lasswell is a pretty good 6* attacker imo, not super op or anything but he can hold his place in a team being valuable enough DPS with Nightmare Assault and the moves alike. So, I wouldn't be too bummed if I pulled for him really.

2. Dysdayn

Dysdayn Member

My first 5* base pull. I'm just bummed that I misread how his Bloodlust worked, and thought it was going to heal a lot more than it actually does. Still, I'm a sucker for the vampiric dark knight role whenever possible, so overall I'm pretty happy.
    Really appreciate the time and effort you go through to sum up units for the community.

3. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    The one unit I wish I grabbed I'm dailies... oh well

4. SamiSC

SamiSC Well-Known Member Supporter

He does decent damage, especially while breaking the DEF by 40%. It helps taking away full breakers from the team that dont do much damage and boosting mages blizzaga damage.

He is my 3rd 6* and helping me a lot, he replaced my agrias in the team which made defeating the pumpkin reaper much more easier to defeat.

5. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member Supporter

Since his skill gives -ice resistance wouldnt he greatly benefit from icebrand despite its low attack?

6. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    yes but you dont want 6* equip icebrand

7. TuffHunter

8. SamiSC

Illvhave to check if it works outbto deal more damage. Thought i have 440ish attack with my dracu lasswell which will drop with ice brand by a little.

Also for future refrences, try to consider non TM states in calculation, the 711 is too far away for most of us.

9. SamiSC

Mechanics from wiki:

(Unit ATK2 / Enemy DEF) * Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction

Now with 711 attack and say enemy def is 200.
    =5560 dmg with no kill effect, level coorection or elements
    With 581 atk and ice -40%
    =5198 dmg

Just to put it simply the calculation is not linear as you suggest. But dmg ia close.

10. TuffHunter

At least ice brand is a decent option for those of us lacking 100+ attack weapons.

11. SamiSC

Yup its not totally bad to have ice brand. I have enhancer on my dracu with 448atk.

But at the end of the day he is decent till someone stronger replaces him that you can pull and get.

12. TuffHunter

Hopefully a stronger Ice weapon will come out eventually. (Although at lower attack values compared to Murasame it appears Icebrand is better with Nightmare Assault). After hearing about how Meh Demon Rain & Dracu Lasswell were I tried the reset trick and after 2 days the best unit I got was Artemois so I just went back to my Rain/Lasswell account that I already linked to facebook.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    SamiSC likes this.