1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Elle [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    He's one of the soldiers from Olderion, and brings his own great sense and duty to the battle! That's right, we're talking about Elle and how well he compares to the Global meta. As usual, leave all comments, and questions below. And as usual, enjoy the review.

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [3*] | [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses:None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Arsha's Talisman (Accessory): HP +20%, DEF/SPR +10%
    Limit Break: 270% ST 9 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF -> 365% ST 9 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 531 / 1610 (180) 22 / 67 (30) 20 / 62 (12) 18 / 55 (12) 17 / 50 (12) 16 / 49 (12) 6 1
    4* 691 / 2093 (240) 29 / 87 (40) 27 / 81 (16) 24 / 72 (16) 21 / 65 (16) 21 / 64 (16) 8 1
    5* 898 / 2721 (300) 38 / 114 (50) 35 / 106 (20) 31 / 94 (20) 28 / 85 (20) 28 / 84 (20) 10 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Provoke 3 Turn +70% Chance to be Targeted 8 1 [***]
    Healing Formula ST ~150 HP Heal w/ 3x Mod & ST Cure Virus 7 1 [***]
    Water 120% Water Magic Attack 3 12 [***]
    Aqua Shot 150% ST 1 Hit Water Physical Attack 9 30 [***]
    Watera 140% AoE Water Magic Attack 9 18 [****]
    DEF +20% Boost users DEF stat by 20% - 41 [****]
    Draw Attacks Increase Target Chance 50% - 55 [****]
    Piercing Lance 210% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack 18 60 [****]
    Guardian Spear 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack 17 21 [*****]
    ATK +20% Boost users ATK stat by 20% - 36 [*****]
    Counter 30% Chance Counter Physical Attacks - 51 [*****]
    Splash Throw 190% AoE 1 Hit Water Physical Attack 20 71 [*****]
    Spear Master +20% ATK when equipped with Lance - 80 [*****]
    Pros:
    Good Mixed Abilities: Elle has right off the bat the more needed defensive moves to make him a solid tank, while delivering some good DPS provided you don't have a great attacker yet. On the defensive side he has good things like Provoke, Counter, and Draw Attacks so he ends up tanking most of the damage on your team. Offensively, he has a good variety of moves, and passives which is more strongly favored with him having a +40% overall boost to ATK, and a good variety of good offensive moves to play with like Piercing Lance for example.

Cons:
    No HP Passives: Well, on his defensive side.. He has more of a more relevant presence there than offensive cause a wide variety of units can deal good damage at 5*. Him not having a HP passive is a problem cause of innate abilities like Draw Attacks which no matter what he does makes the AI of a opponent makes him the more targeted person. Him not having any natural HP passives would naturally mean he will die quicker if he gets focused down on that turn.

Healing Formula: I don't know why they tried to pass this off as a move for him. It's literally a cure with a bonus effect of removing Virus to people. I guess you can argue the small HP you'll get back is something to help the virused target. But, nobody really cares to use Cure in this part of the meta. At the legit worse scenario, you'd have to rely on a Cura to at least get you by.

Wounded Offensive Potential: If you were to build Elie as a offensive attacker, he would have a hard time to get off the ground cause of Draw Attacks being a problem to him. As a physical attacker, you don't wanna be target automatically all the time. That's the role of your tank, but if he's 100% built for offensive he'll face the same problems as I said above. He'll die quicker without a HP passive, and even more faster cause he's not 100% geared for defensive
    position. So, even though he has good and usable moves for a 5*. I would perfer he be a offensive tank.

PvP Arena:
    Elle himself doesn't do anything fantastic here. In my personal experience of PvP Arena.. AoEs tend to go off more than normal attacks so he wouldn't be trying to take anything specifically. Him not having a HP passive again would slaughter him cause of PvP Arena being dominated namely by 6* units in the game. He wouldn't have any way to save himself here no buffs for himself, or debuffs to ease down the damage. I'd avoid use Elle in PvP if I were you.

Trust Mastery Award:
    His TM however is actually very good! And absolutely perfect for healers, or tanks. A free HP +20% is already plenty for any real tank, and is a miracle send for healers alongside more DEF/SPR +10% to keep them afloat longer in battle. I would grind this TM immediately for your tanks, or healers if you want to make them more beefy. It's a good investment.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Amarant
    • Both share the combo of Draw Attacks + Provoke
    • Amarant has a much better self heal to keep himself afloat.
    • Amarant has a better counter chance.
    • Amarant has a HP Passive, but Elle has a DEF Passive.
    • Elle has better equipment options than Amarant.
    Overall Verdict: Defensively, I would give this one to Amarant. The fact that Amarant doesn't have a defensive passive naturally means he will die quicker just the same as Elle without his HP passive. Amarant does however have stops to the measure like his own heal in Chakra, and debuffing the ATK of the enemy with Power Break. Elle of course has Amarant beat in any way possible with his offensive moves. But, Amarant is easily better as a tank for the team.

[​IMG] - Leo
    • Leo does have debuffs to protect himself/teammates from damage.
    • Both share in not having a HP Passive.
    • Elle has many more offensive outs than Leo.
    Overall Verdict: If these two were to be put in a situation of who's better in tanking? I'd probably say Elle here. Namely because of Counter, and Provoke being in his movepool which is better for what you'd want Leo to do. Since Leo doesn't have these moves he'd only have to rely on Draw Attacks for himself to be hit and even then he doesn't retaliate back cause of him not having a natural counter. Leo does have debuffs which help service the team better if he's not targeted. But, even that's not enough to make him a better tank than Elle. So, I would give this one 100% to Elle.

Conclusion:
    Elle ain't bad I guess. He would really only be sought for if you were wanting to farm his TM. As a unit of either you need him for a successful team in content. I'd pass on him really. He's cool and all, but he just doesn't have alot of what it takes to make him stick in battle. He's only worth it for the TM at hand.

2. Lucas_1206

Lucas_1206 Active Member Supporter

So fast with the review ::kupo::

3. architect

architect Ascended Member Supporter

Right, the sprite is cool and interesting, but the skill is out of place.
    He is very much just like medius, an attacker with draw ability :confused:.
    There is always an unwanted unit from every banner, I'm sorry Elle, your story is touching but your unit is not that good :(

4. clonedstars

clonedstars Active Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Chizuru/Exdeath JP: Nyx
    scrub
    He honestly wouldn't be that bad of a 5* attacker if it wasn't for Draw Attack passive. 40% ATK boost, even if it is with a spear, isn't that bad.
    A very very strange unit though. Can't really tell what he wants to be, since he's slightly forced to build tanky, even though he has more offensive passives and movesets.

Khidir likes this.
  5. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

Salty story spoiler review and why this does poetic justice

He honestly wouldn't be that bad of a 5* attacker if it wasn't for Draw Attack passive. 40% ATK boost, even if it is with a spear, isn't that bad.
    A very very strange unit though. Can't really tell what he wants to be, since he's slightly forced to build tanky, even though he has more offensive passives and movesets.

As reflected in the story with the inferiority complex being unable to match his siblings;his draw attacks is how Veritas snuck up on him and killed him while his TMR bought him time.

Seems fitting honestly, should have made his fiance a unit, even she would have been better and probably a 6* just to spite him

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  6. Chase

Chase Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    whoa spoiler!

7. Enzoyeh

Enzoyeh Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Maxwell
    Thanks Jet! Was thinking about pulling Elle for his TM today and thought of your reviews!

8. mOshimOnster015

mOshimOnster015 Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    Would pull because of this TMR

9. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    His TM looks great for tanks and healers. Won't mind getting 3-4 of him.

10. Khidir

Khidir Well-Known Member

I made fun of him before launch now I pulled 3 of him.

I guess now it's time to do my very best with more TMR farming

11. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    Yippee, my first banner unit this banner, will work on his TMR in near future.

12. rickygck

rickygck Well-Known Member

Just pulled him for 250 lapis, will keep him for farming his TM in the far far future.

13. Fauco

Fauco Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    434 866 513
    Leads:
    Olive
    Mine is at 40%, just by fusion o_O

14. Arnatuile

Arnatuile Well-Known Member

Mine is at 50% just by fusion ::sick::