1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Elza [Brave Frontier]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Walik

Walik New Member

Oh you are right! My bad.
    At least, just ignore the line with Calamity Spear...
    Yeah me too, soon 100%. Come oooooon!

Bro, that is awfull. Wich weapon are associated?

2. Shomxx

Shomxx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza 697 atk

Attached Files:

3. Walik

Walik New Member

Oh thank you! Death Scythe... I don't have this one... Sadly...

The black belt gl give something special?

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Black belt gi is just one of the best non tm armor for attack boosting for 99% of content. (The 1% it's not good for is where bosses take a few hits and can really dish out damage)

5. Walik

Walik New Member

So you mean it do more than +8 ATK? Wow, I should craft it.

6. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

+8 atk is all. Puts it among thhe best.

7. Walik

Walik New Member

Oh ok, sorry I didn't understood well sometime. So it is the best armor who give that much attack, it was what you meant. I understand now. Haha

8. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

It's pretty common for me to say things (correctly) but forget to toss in contextual details that may be helpful...

9. Valcrist

Valcrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    907 Mag D. Fina
    Has any one pulled Elza post banner? I heard of some one doing this but am not sure if there is any truth to it.

Also off hand where do you find the Black Belt Gi recipe?

10. Walik

Walik New Member

Problem is I am also french... I learnt english when I met my wife so, my english is common or not always good (grammaticaly) and sometime I misunderstood thing. So it is not your fault, do not worry.

For exemple I don't understand well that post:

What do you mean by "Post banner"? You mean she can besummon now? Maybe it is true, because I had still summon Snow after the event, but the chance of get it is really small.

The recipe is in the Castatrophi-Kol.

Sparkle likes this.
  11. Childish0ne

Childish0ne Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    I doubt it... probably just rerolled alt accounts people are just started playing. She was listed Liminted Time Only... She was the only unit I actually broke open the wallet for... and sadly I only got 1.... Tons of Karls, though ::up::

Sparkle likes this.
  12. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

I've personally rolled 1k+ rolls on reroll accounts since her banner ended and I have not hit her or the other BF banner units.

13. Walik

Walik New Member

Hum, so that means some units are really limited or collector? Damn! I miss all the best units except Elza...

I got Snow after the event time, so that mean Snow wasn't limited unit? Right?

14. Childish0ne

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    Most original ff characters are not limited... but holiday units and special crossovers are limited

Sparkle likes this.
  15. Wreckd

Wreckd Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Knight Cecil
    Elza is a global exclusive unit. By definition was only available during her own banner exclusive. Same as the Halloween units and the recently passed Christmas units like white knight Noel.

If you haven't pulled Elsa during her banner
    You can't get her now until that banner comes back (if ever). Don't be sorry for yourself, she's alright but not that great unless you TMR a lot or have 2 Elsa for 2 x demon scythe. There are better 5* base out there.

16. Childish0ne

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elza
    There's evidence of another data mined Bf collab unit Lico... So maybe another BF collab near future with another global exclusive

17. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    I wish I had started playing earlier, just to have a chance to grab her. I love playing her from friend pool, she is great for explorations, she has her LB maxed every fight!

TooLegit50 likes this.
  18. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Elza, Reberta, Dark Fina
    Having used Elza extensively, she's probably the most self contained attacker out there with her skill set, HOWEVER with a very severe limitation on her weapon selection. As a result if you didn't get her I wouldn't worry about it... Maxwell is very similar and as far as we know Maxwell may return when she gets her 6* upgrade. They have similar limitations and skill sets. One is dark themed the other holy/light

So if you didn't get Elza but want her and also don't have Maxwell, I would start preparing your team to try and acquire Maxwell the next time she comes around

Overall I rate Elza better than Luneth or Lightning as a single target attacker because she can do the def/spr debuffing on her own (don't think there is anyone else that can do better than the 50% Elza can do), opening up things for your other attacks and mages. Not only that when coming low on MP she can lance mp to herself. However her real weakness is when it comes to AOE and/or multiple enemies, unless you have AOE matera like bladeblitz to put on her, she will pale in comparision to other attackers that have AOEs in their kit.

Even on a single target, I find my 580 attack Elza doing better than a 700 attack Noctis friend. However compared to a 600 Gilgamesh it's a very close call against a single target. But in cases of multiple enemies, Elza unfortunately loses out massively compared to Noctis, Gilgamesh, Lightning and Luneth.

TooLegit50, Childish0ne and Sparkle like this.
  19. Wreckd

Wreckd Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Knight Cecil
    Good write up. Her weakness is she's neither a chainer not a chain finisher. With a team composition of chainers she's worse than lunneth who is a chain finisher.

20. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Elsa is pretty versatile. I happen to have her <3 on both my accounts. @KWFFBE puts up a good review here. Elza has a lot of neat, useful skills/strengths but she falls flat on AoE. Her 50% Def/SPR break is nuts.

TooLegit50 likes this.