1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Exdeath (Final fantasy 5)

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Catsaber, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Catsaber

Catsaber Member

Global ID:
    Meet Armored-tree guy. Exdeath, void fanatic who wishes he had a perfect void like Cloud of Darkness, is no small simple tree who just does photosynthesis all day. But enough expository banter! Now we talk like men! And trees! And trees who dress like men!

::exdeath::

*Lore*

A Warlock who hails from a world where the Crystals shine with light and who claimed for himself the power of the Void. He is a creature born from countless malevolent souls, which gathered and took root in a single tree. By bringing together two previously-separated worlds, he seized the power of the Void. With it, he began wiping towns and villages from the map. But in the end, even Exdeath himself is consumed by the Void's massive power, losing himself and becoming Neo Exdeath. As Neo Exdeath, he desires the utter destruction of everything: all memory, all life, all worlds, and even himself. He is struck down by Bartz, and his allies.
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 491/ 1489 (150) 30 / 90 (35) 18 / 56 (10) 17 / 52 (10) 23 / 69 (10) 19 / 59 (10) 1 6
    4* 634 / 1921 (210) 38 / 116 (45) 24 / 72 (14) 22 / 67 (14) 29 / 89 (14) 25 / 76 (14) 1 8
    5* 792 / 2401 (240) 48 / 145 (60) 30 / 90 (16) 28 / 84 (16) 37 / 112 (16) 31 / 95 (16) 1 10
    6* 1030 / 3121(390) 62 / 188 (85) 39 / 117 (26) 36 / 109 (26) 48 / 145 (26) 41 / 123 (26) 1 12

Magic Levels at 5*: White Magic Level 7, Black Magic Level 8, Green Magic Level 5
    Magic Levels at 6*: White Magic Level 8, Black Magic Level 8, Green Magic Level 6

Resistances: -50% to holy, +10% to poison status.

Trust Master Award: Holy (7* Magic): 230% Holy damage to one enemy (mp cost - 30)

Limit Break at 5*: 240% AoE Magic Attack & 3 Random Status Effects (+40% All Status Effects) -> 335% AoE Magic Attack & 3 Random Status Effects (+59% All Status Effects)
    Limit Break at 6*:270% AoE Magic Attack & 4 Random Status Effects (+50% All Status Effects) -> 390% AoE Magic Attack & 4 Random Status Effects (+74% All Status Effects)

Abilities and Magic learned at each rarity:
    3*: Gravity, Osmose, Dispel
    4*: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Imperil, Faith (+ the above)
    5*: Graviga, +30% INT trait, Auto-Regen trait (+ the above)
    6*: Meteor, Transcendent power?(name to be changed), Stonega, Doublecast, Unholy light (+ the above)

Pros: Exdeath is not only versatile, but he is also very, VERY tanky for a mage. Not only that but he also has a quite big mp pool AND access to osmose and dispel to make his life a lot easier. At 5* he gets access to Auto-regen which pretty much means one less person for you to heal (probably.. depends on the situation). He can equip a variety of weapons and armors to adapt to situations, but probably most of the time you will be sticking with rods and armor, unless, you know, you want to see his awesome atk animation actually do dmg xD. He also has access to all 3 -aga's at 4* (so if you have him at 3* lvl him asap, ASAP unless you want to have a bad time since bosses are pretty much immune to gravity). And just a little view in the future: at 6* Transcendent power? (name tbc) increases exdeath dmg to everything by 30%, and unholy light is a 280% AoE Magic Attack + Ignore 25% SPR, which is basically a Ultima magic but holy element. And he also gains doublecast, so yep.

Cons: First of all, they gave him an awesome atk animation THAT DEALS LESS DMG THAN A PUNCH, JUST WHY, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A SLASH THAT OPENS A RIFT IN NOTHING DEALS LESS DMG THAN A PUNCH!? *ahem* . Although exdeath is very tanky for a mage, he has one bad point that prob most of the other mages doesnt: He simply cannot equip robes and hats, meaning you're trading that sweet magic boost for more defense in the end. Atk animation is quite slow (if for whatever reason you're using him to atk for sparkles and combos, but hey he can equip swords, that must mean something.. right?). Also, he doesnt have access to earlier tier magic's, and sometimes osmose just isnt in your favor (most of the times so far i've drained like 12ish mp for a 10mp cost magic), there are times that the enemy have like no mp at all, so dont go spamming everything ok? Also gravity doesnt work on bosses since it's a "death" spell technically. But otherwise, he is best at what he does: being an armored tree who deals lots of dmg to enemies

Trust Mastery: Holy! do i need to say anything else? err.. well.. it's quite underwhelming i suppose, it doesnt ignore magic def, hits only 1 enemy, costs 35 mp, and it suffers for being a 7* white magic so not everyone can use it. But still, holy is holy. Since most of the skills that exdeath has are AoE, you could use it if you wish to only finish 1 monster while do whatever you want to do with the others..

Conclusion: 9/10, very strong tree, if only wasnt for the fact that he cant equip robes/hats he would prob be a 10/10 unit like lightning.. oh well, he is good at what he does! nuking monters to death while teaching them about the words of his almighty saviour and lord, Void. And having a awesome atk animation that deals less dmg than a punch...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Hillgigas209, Breno, Clayz and 6 others like this.
  2. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Good job with this, Cat.

You might want organize the stats into tables like Jet and Ryudo have been doing to keep it more organized (you can attempt to quote one of their reviews and it will show you the BB Code for tables).

3. Catsaber

Catsaber Member

Global ID:
    i tried to but for some reason i couldn't get it to work right, i will give it another try =/

4. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Another option is doing what I'm doing for my Firion overview: organize the data on a excel spreasheet, take a screenshot of it and post it as an image. I was doing the tables like Ryudo and Jet, but my browser crashed and I lost progress. No way in hell I'm redoing it all over again, so I just went the lazy route. lol

Catsaber likes this.
  5. Catsaber

Catsaber Member

Global ID:
    i will take note of that for the future xD

and i managed to fix the table this time lol

6. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    superb effort by putting already his 6* star review. Thanks!

7. Emeiru

Emeiru Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    With the release of pots, I'm currently investing on Exdeath's LB, though I'm quite skeptical if I need to put more MAG pots to him hoping that he'll get his 6* incarnation, soon. I hope I'm not alone on this boat, I wanted to use him more but he's still pushed by Kefka with the clown having Hyperdrive to instantly kill PvP stragglers and to damage bosses with single large damage, plus the abundance of rods with awesome MAG bonuses. Really just wanted to share my thought as I go ahead and pour my pots to this tree.

8. Vash426

Vash426 Well-Known Member Supporter

Well honestly he should be the next upgrade. Even though Gumi is releasing banners with new units out of turn by skipping some banners they have however been sticking to the upgrade schedule so far. And next on that list is Bartz and ExDeath. I already have the mats set aside and two ExDeaths maxed on both of my accounts and cant wait. I will be chaining meteors when that happens. Lol. And gumi better not nerf ExDeath because Meteor is considered a black magic spell and falls under the dualcasting able category. So gumi better not screw us with that or I will quit the game. For sure.
    But besides that we will have him next and I cant wait. Then he will be top mage for me.... I don't care that there is Demon Fina etc cuz to me I don't count 5* base mages. Of the obtainable mages to me ExDeath is tops. Lol.

9. dariakyl

dariakyl Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    And now it's official, Exdeath 6* is here <3

Vash426 likes this.
  10. johngaban

johngaban Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cecil/Kefka/exdeath/locke depends
    After a long time on bench finally exdeath got his turn to shine again ::blind::

Vash426 likes this.
  11. Vash426

Lol. Thank you so much for pointing this out. I got back into the game to see this cuz of you. Thanks. I figured that this banner was next. I was like 80% sure it was but didn't expect it until their normal announcement day of Tuesday.

12. Emeiru

Emeiru Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    @Vash426 I concur, Exdeath would be pretty impressive with that Dual Cast Meteor!

I got the inbox message, expecting it to be Exdeath yet it's still the Cecil/Kain/Rydia awakening announcement. I probably should restart Exvius to see the news!

EDIT: It's here! Refreshed the app and it did display the correct announcement. Now, my despair for this event has been replaced with the excitement that I'll soon get a 6* Mage in Ekusudesu~Now we'd get to see the potential of the new Exdeath.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    Vash426 likes this.
  13. Vash426

Yes its there. I loaded into the game to see it. I am looking forward to it because ExDeath was a beast until Kefka got released. Then ExDeath been sitting in the attic collecting dust in a box marked "Memories". Lol. Now he will be pulled out of that box, dusted off and unleashed on the world!

johngaban likes this.
  14. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    New thread written by me will be up soon.

I don't wanna edit this out of respect for the original poster.

15. Prawdzik

Prawdzik New Member

Your post turned Exdeath into a pet project. I've been working on him and TM farming for him for months, although I had to sit on his 5 star and not use it until recently. Here's where I'm at now, with notes on the options I'd like to consider. (I don't actually have any of the TM characters or gear in my notes, so for now this is actually as good as I can get.) Exdeath.jpg

NovaBlink likes this.
  16. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    My ExD just hit 6* 80 and I LOVE dualcasting Meteors! Also, I have a loooong way to perfect him, having no single char with LaM to farm.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  17. NovaBlink

NovaBlink New Member

hi guys,

I have a 6* Exdeath lvl100 with 464 Mag dmg. I just rolled another 3* exdeath. Is it worth to invest another exdeath to 6* or i just take it and enchance to my existing Exdeath for TM?

18. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    Same here, I guess second ExD will be good for quick, heavy damage (unless you got Darkie or two).