1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Freya [Final Fantasy 9]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Move in Silence VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Never one to give up on finding your love! That's right, we're talking about Freya and how well she does in the Global meta as usual leave comments, and questions here on this thread. I hope you all enjoy the review.

[​IMG]

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 520 / 1576 (150) 22 / 66 (25) 20 / 60 (10) 19 / 57 (14) 17 / 50 (10) 18 / 55 (10) 6 1
    4* 676 / 2049 (210) 28 / 86 (35) 26 / 79 (14) 25 / 75 (18) 22 / 66 (14) 24 / 72 (14) 8 1
    5* 840 / 2545 (240) 37 / 112 (40) 34 / 103 (16) 31 / 93 (24) 28 / 86 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 10 1

Magic Levels at 5*: None
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Angel Earrings (Accessory): Auto Regen, +20% MP, +50% Dark Resist
    Limit Break: 250% AoE Physical Attack -> 345% AoE Physical Attack

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Jump (1), Lance (16)
    4* Accumulate (17), Dragon Killer (29), High Jump (59)
    5*: Six Dragons (34), DEF +10% (34), ATK +10% (52), Rei's Wind (80)

Pros: Freya is a bit of a special unit which is nice for her she's well a attacker with healing support you won't really find that in a unit combo which is nice for her. Her two main healing moves Six Dragons, and Rei's Wind are well really strong.. Stronger than the heals we have in Global actually. Which is nice for her cause with her and RNG some creative combos can be made with her in battle. Rei's Wind is a really strong regen heal and it's sure to keep your units nice and healthy with help from your standard healer.

Cons: I gave praise for Six Dragons before. Here is how it works it's a 30% chance for a full heal, and a 70% chance for nothing to happen. This is way to risky to play around with if you know how odds work you will be pulling that 70% for a pretty much wasted turn in battle which you should never wanna waste turns when dealing with harder content enemies. Freya also has inconsistent damage output her only damaging move is Jump which is a two turn attack sure after max it's a 280% mod which is strong don't get me wrong but it's only every two turns that can easily be slotted out who can hit that and some in two turns without having to stop. Like Freya has to.

Trust Mastery Award: This one isn't a bad one to grab, darkness resist won't really become a thing into later content. But, having the +20% MP is great for units who uses alot and there will be units who will be heavy MP consumers in the future, and even now at that. So, it's not a bad one to grab, but it's not a TM you should immediately grab or anything.

Comparing to Other Units:
    Well, there isn't really too many units like Freya cause she's a Dragoon basically and the only other dragoon we have is Kain who is a 4* and it really wouldn't be fair to compare a unit that's a whole tier below them most other attackers are kinda better than Freya, but she has healing support which may or may not go a long way depending on what your team is like.

Conclusion: She ain't bad, but she ain't good either. I wouldn't really praise or anything if you pull Freya in your game. I mean she has that cool niche in heal support but everything else on her just seems well flat she can't be a proper attacker without a huge amount of fixing from materia, and esper support which only again goes so far for her. So, I honestly say that Freya is a real meh unit, you can use her for TM farming if you so wish.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    FFBE_2i likes this.
  2. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    So when Kain get his 5 star, did he better than Freya?

I saw some users here posted the history of JP and said Kain is better than her in his 5 star form

3. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    He easily will be better than Freya. @rexksvii

4. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Then i won't try to pull for her. I got 3 kain::joy::

5. pagkain

pagkain New Member

Leads:
    Cecil, Kefka
    I'm pulling for her cause I liked her in ff9 :))

6. Orzhov

Orzhov Member

Global ID:
    Nice read, pretty arkwork. So good I would link it.

7. RyedeR

RyedeR Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan, Kefka, Cecil, Artemios, Chizuru
    For me freyja's worth is for his TMR... it's too good to pass up

8. codenamezero

codenamezero Member

Actually, if you have 3 tanks (with counter) and Freya + Kain... after they both Jump'ed your remaining 3 targets could be performing massive counter attacks.

9. Anjuna

Anjuna Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Whatevs
    It's worth noting her Trust Mastery resists Insta-Death according to its description. That alone makes it very valuable in my opinion.

10. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    It doesn't.

11. Anjuna

Anjuna Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Whatevs
    Ah, bummer. I was misinformed :(.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016