1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Hayate [Final Fantasy: BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    You're never too old to be a ninja! That's right, we're talking about the unit Hayate and what he brings to the Global meta, as usual leave comments about this unit and we can have a good discussion on him. So, sit back and enjoy the review.

[​IMG]
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 450 / 1364 (150) 19 / 57 (25) 22 / 67 (14) 17 / 50 (10) 18 / 55 (10) 15 / 45 (10) 3 2
    4* 585 / 1773 (210) 24 / 74 (35) 29 / 87 (18) 21 / 65 (14) 24 / 72 (14) 19 / 58 (14) 4 2
    5* 761 / 2305 (240) 32 / 96 (40) 37 / 113 (24) 28 / 84 (16) 31 / 93 (16) 25 / 76 (16) 5 2

Magic Levels at 5*: Black Magic Level 5
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Black Hood (+28 ATK, +25 DEF, +25 SPR, +100% Sleep Resist)
    Limit Break: 270% Fire ST Attack > 365% Fire ST Attack

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Throw (1), Hide (12), Surprise (25), Flame Edge (?) (34)
    4*: Escape (4), Dazzle (46), Flame (51)
    5*: Human Killer (67), Hypno Strike (?) (70), Stealth (80)

Note: Currently unsure of some of these names, I tried to translate them to the best of my ability, if anyone pulls Hayate and bothers with training him someone tell me his ENG name moves thank you ;]

Pros: Hayate is another status unit in the game. This time he gets the addition of confuse to play around with. Which in itself is a real hit or miss status aliment basically either the confused target will either attack itself, a teammate, or you. This means you can have some free turns to get your team on the ground will you set up buffs, or debuff the enemy or something.

Cons: Well, besides confusion Hayate doesn't bring anything good to the table he has alot of well wasted potential. His high ATK stat of 113 is only limited to one move that's always a critical for his main source of damage. His only AoE attack is well magic which isn't even his best stat. He lacks some of the better statuses like Paralyze, Poison and so on. Stealth is next to useless as I've said about other units who got it sure you can avoid two free attacks which would be great for huge AoEs, and thresholds on bosses but other than that, he wouldn't be able to really support the team getting back on it's feet since he's well a status unit.. sorta.

Trust Mastery Award: Black Hood is one of the best hats in the game really it may not look the greatest with only having +28 ATK, +25 DEF, and +25 SPR but trust me it's good enough and should be grinded. The 100% sleep resist is great to for any unit really weither it be support, or even attackers they all appreciate the fact that they could not be put to sleep so they can continue doing their jobs.

Comparing to Other Units:

- Miyuki: Miyuki was the first unit in the game to be called a status-type unit. And she's still better than Hayate by a good mile. As I've said, Hayate misses out on some of the most valuable statuses in the game these very statuses that Miyuki has in her movepool. Hayate may have the higher ATK, but Miyuki definitely has the better status options/support.

- Gilbert: Another status unit. Gilbert still beats Hayate due to the fact that he's more prominent than him. He can also confuse targets, has more status options, and can help your squad with a ATK buff, and debuffs on the enemy. Gilbert even if he has moves that lock him into it for three turns is still better cause of what is needed of him is better than Hayate, when you want to use him you want damage with status support. Which is what Hayate is supoosed to do, but the before mentioned units do it better despite having the lower ATK stats.

Conclusion: Hayate isn't a good grab at all, I wouldn't pull for him unless you're wanting his TM. That is well the only reason to grab a few Hayate's just for his TM he's a pretty bad unit even in the 5* meta. So, I wouldn't advise training him at all unless you want to completion.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Rinny likes this.
  2. Brian80s

Brian80s Well-Known Member

He has such a cool look too. It's a shame he falls short save for his TM.

3. Crazed

Crazed Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru, WoL
    Are the stats on the black hood correct? The notice has it listed as +28 atk, +25 def, +25 spirit and sleep proof.

4. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Fixed, sorry. I was trying to go by memory LOL.

5. PampaChocobo

PampaChocobo Well-Known Member Supporter

I sure won't roll for him, he really is bad compared to most other units, plus I ain't fund of his design, so it's a no no

6. Thecrazed

Thecrazed New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru / Vaan
    Is it worth trying to pull him for his TM alone? Will there be better hats to invest in later on?

7. Bùi Kiên Trung

Bùi Kiên Trung Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    The only thing I fascinate about him is his 113 ATK stat. The rest, especially his set of skills, is no more than a Chaos.

8. HolicX

HolicX Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis
    Well, "Human killer" is "Man eater" like CoD this make Hayate have some point in pvp...+ 50% dame when hit human race....and all unit we have now..only CoD (race: reaper). That mean he alway have bonus dame in pvp

9. Bùi Kiên Trung

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    When will PvP be released in gl ??? I'm really eager to know it bro.

10. AylwindBlue

AylwindBlue Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud of Darkness
    My only Katana user is Lasswell. Is it worth using Hayate over him if I accidentally pull him? Seems like a decent contender for Luna's barrage... one day...

11. Nardaci

Nardaci New Member

I have the same doubt as Ayl as well... I still got the three initial caracthers(rain,lasswell and fina) and just pulled out Hayate. Is it worth swaping lasswell or rain for Hayate?
    I was thinking about changing him for lasswell since only one of them can use katana.

12. Bùi Kiên Trung

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Don 't make that move bro. Hayate may have better ATK stats ( 113 compared to 96 of Lasswell ). But Lasswell has 30%ATK plus, which makes him way stronger. The only skill good-enough about Hayate is Man-eater,while the rest is either MAG skill or Garbage ( Throw, hide, Smoke are all Garbage )

13. Nardaci

Nardaci New Member

Guess I'll just get that TM though =)

14. DrPain

DrPain Member

I rolled and got a 5 star hayate. Would it be better to use him or rain?

15. pdark

pdark Member

Global ID:
    605 048 728
    Leads:
    Firion, Chizuru, Event Units
  16. Emeiru

Emeiru Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    Is this just implemented in JP? Looking neat with both ATK and MAG on par, he's still throwing some status ailments in his 6* form, but yes hybrid attacks really suffer unless they give it high mods like that of Noctis.

On topic though, my Hayate is shelved, but I have this principle of collecting at least 1 unit, except with the free ones, that is.