1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Juggler [Final Fantasy: CD]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Juggle me around one more time! That's right we're talking about Juggler and how well this unit stacks in the Global meta. As usual, leave comments, questions on this unit below. And I hope you enjoy this unit overview!

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: Black/White Magic Level 3
    Trust Mastery Award: Sticky Fingers (Materia): Boost MP by 10%, MAG & SPR +20%
    Limit Break: 250% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turns -20% Elemental Resist -> 345% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turns -20% Elemental Resist

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 680 / 2061 (210) 30 / 92 (45) 28 / 85 (14) 25 / 76 (14) 22 / 66 (14) 25 / 76 (14) 3 3
    5* 884 / 2680 (240) 40 / 120 (60) 37 / 111 (16) 33 / 100 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 33 / 100 (16) 3 4

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    4*: Acrobatics (1), Throw (6), Provoke (13), Hide (20), One Man Show (60)
    5*: Pandora's Box (40), Continuous Throwing Knives (65), Healing Smile (70), Rolling Ball (80)

Pros: Juggler is a fun unit to be completely honest with you here. I feel like he was more designed to be this way but he is one fun unit is anyone ever gets to use him. Mainly cause he has alot to mess around with Acrobatics is another random based move like Tellah's Recall which yields him a chance to do the following moves.

• Flame Bottle: ST 1 Hit Fire Attack & 20% Confuse (33%)
    • Dagger: 140% ST 3 Hit Physical Attack & 20% Virus (34%)
    • Hoop: 30% Chance 3 Turn Stop (34%)
    This is what makes Juggler shine as they have status support that is way better than most of the units we have now. Most units hit for stuff like Poison there, Paralyze here etcetc. But, Juggler hits for every status in the game. Even the VERY elusive Charm status in his move One Man Show. Another first for the game is Jugglers Rolling Ball it's a move that starts at a 100% mod now why would that be new? or good. It's cause it has consecutive damage up for everytime you use it. You have to keep using it again & again to get the higher mod effects which in a long battle in just a short amount of turns Juggler will go from doing small to huge damage based on high the mod boosts are. Juggler has a version of Barrage for 1 extra hit. but not as strong when added up together. It's a 300% mod when all 5 hits are factored in, as opposed to Barrage's 4 hits for 320% mod. It's only a 20% mod so the damage won't really be to different really.

Special Tip: If it's not disabled, Juggler would make a awesome slot for PvP Arena reason would namely be Pandora's Box which is 30% chance to cause a random status aliment/100% chance to Petrify a opponent. I think you can see where I am going to basically use Juggler to cripple down the team as fast as possible.

Cons: Juggler has Cerius Dilemma this means the option to do one of more things which can complicate his use. He has status heal, all status, DPS so it can be hard to use him for one thing at once. This isn't a huge issue cause it comes to how your team is setup. If you wanna use him, I would have him do Status/Heal Status and DPS when he can. He also has a very small equipment range but since we are a bit into the game he isn't as hard to build as opposed to when we started a few months ago.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Miyuki

• Juggler has access to all status aliments, while Miyuki doesn't.
    • Miyuki has better benefit in Mirage, as opposed to Jugglers Hide.
    • Miyuki lacks any damage in general while Juggler has solid DPS.

Overall Verdict: Juggler is better easily cause he does his job better than Miyuki, in boss fights were most bosses are 100% immune to everything she would be borderline useless cause she can't use her true niche there the same would go for Juggler, but at least he has attacking moves like his 5x Barrage, and Rolling Ball to make him relevant in the fight ahead.

Conclusion: Juggler is a very fun and gimmicky unit to use if you just want to do some fun things to enemies, and even in the more serious content he sees a relevant reason to be used. So, I'd pull for him, but not over aggressive pulling for him. He's useful, but not a must have.

Bayonetta, -Mav-, JChunks and 5 others like this.
  2. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    Good insights there, his TM looks verstaile as well.

3. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    I need the fencer's tm for my chizuru... Well at least if i got him i can put his tm on my kefka

4. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Broken image is broken.

5. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    Damnn! I need Juggler! But I am not pulling for a 4* base unit ::cry::

6. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    It's not broken for me.

7. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Dunno, for me it's broken on mobile and PC too. Wierd.

8. Dazedsmoker

Dazedsmoker New Member

Have miyuki lvl80 Terra 60 fina80 Xiao 55 Leo 5star52 pulled juggler who should switch out

9. Orbis

Orbis Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I'd say replace Terra, if you can do without the Raise (not that you have it at 60 anyways). You have a Physical Damage team, and Fina has Cheer. Juggler will fill that CC and support role very well next to Miyuki.

10. kmw33

kmw33 Member

My current team is maxed Vaan, CoD, Rain, Lenna and Kefka. Just pulled Juggler. Would you replace anyone? maybe Rain?

11. Orbis

Orbis Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Rain basically sucks until he gets 6 Stars. Then he's Top 5 according to JP ranking. So yeah. Experimenting with Juggler as a Tank.

12. toooskies

toooskies Well-Known Member

Maxed my juggler, and I am disappoint. I tried to gear him as someone who can attack (for the 300% damage attack, since I don't have a barrager), and Juggler just can't do much as far as that goes because his weapons are so limited. Tanking is similarly limited because his defense is so non-tanky (and again, gear-limited). 30% chance of inflicting an ailment (and a random one at that) is so low, it's not worth the character slot with current content. The content would have to be so hard that inflicting a particular ailment is your only chance of winning, and even then you don't get to pick specific ailments.

13. Bayonetta

Bayonetta New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Garnet, Juggler
    Wow did this give me some ideas I hadn't even thought of. Nice evaluation.

I noticed rolling ball immediately and set him up as a mage. He was a consistent 7k hitter per round against that dreaded Ogre in the last event.

Now with mage masher he can get past 250 attack so physicaly he's temporarily more relevent.

Then again give him cura and wm equipment and substitutes for a great healer.

Definately a unit I always have in my parry going up against unfamiliar bosses.