1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Krile [Final Fantasy 5]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    She's a princess, with a big ol' heart. That's right we're talking about Krile! As usual, sit back and enjoy as we talk about Krile. As usual, sit back and relax. And always leave comments.

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [3*] | [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Thundaga (Spell): 180% AoE Magic Thunder Attack
    Limit Break: AoE ~500 HP Heal w/ 11x Mod split over 3 Turns -> AoE ~500 HP Heal w/ 11.95x Mod split over 3 Turns

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 422 / 1280 (240) 25 / 76 (60) 17 / 50 (16) 17 / 51 (16) 21 / 63 (16) 18 / 56 (16) 1 4
    4* 545 / 1651 (390) 32 / 98 (85) 21 / 64 (26) 22 / 66 (26) 27 / 81 (26) 24 / 73 (26) 1 8
    5* 708 / 2146 (390) 42 / 127 (85) 27 / 83 (26) 28 / 85 (26) 35 / 105 (26) 31 / 94 (26) 1 10

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Libra Analyzes Target 1 1 [***]
    Thunder 120% ST Thunder Magic Attack 3 1 [***]
    Aero 120% ST Wind Magic Attack 3 1 [***]
    Cure ST ~150 HP Heal w/ 3x Mod 3 12 [***]
    Thundara 140% AoE 1 Hit Thunder Magic Attack 9 23 [***]
    Bluff Self 3 Turn +20% MAG 6 40 [***]
    Cura AoE ~400 HP Heal w/ 3x Mod 7 31 [****]
    Aerora 140% AoE 1 Hit Wind Magic Attack 9 45 [****]
    Dualcast Use Two White/Black/Green Magic 0 60 [****]
    Drain ST 80% Attack w/ 30% HP Drain 9 23 [*****]
    Dispel ST Stat Buff Removal 7 39 [*****]
    MP +20% Boosts users MP stat by 20% - 42 [*****]
    Curaja AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod 15 45 [*****]
    Aeroga 180% AoE 1 Hit Wind Magic Attack 20 65 [*****]
    Convert Self 9999 MP Recovery & Self Reduce HP to 1 10 71 [*****]
    Dual Front +30% MAG when holding a staff - 80 [*****]
    Pros:
    Dualcast: As a mage, or healer even. This is one of the better blessings to have especially since it's on her innately since she's a hybrid unit in both magic based spells, and healing moves she gets a really good benefit cause she gets to abuse it to some rather unit combinations like Aeroga + Curaja for example. This really helps Krile cause she can keep your teams healed while doing damage. Or even doing a dual Curaja which would probably fully heal your teams, or bring them really close to full HP.

Dual Front: This passive may seem a bit odd to some people. But, it's actually good for Krile. She gets a +30% MAG buff when holding a staff. Most people know that staffs themselves don't give much in MAG but more so in SPR and that's why it's good for her. Since her using a staff she's gonna have better heals and thanks to the passive her damage output can be increased so she's getting pretty much a buff and the two main things she's supposed to do and that's be a healer, and do damage with her Thunder/Wind spells. Not to mention, that MAG +30% hasn't been a passive reached innately since Exdeath. Most mages of any kind don't go higher than 20% at 5*.

Helm & Light Armor Support: Normally I don't really like to specific point of any type of equipments. But, in Krile case I will make a exception. The reason why this is good is mainly because of the fact that most mages of any kind have low DEF stat meaning they have a hard time being durable in battle. Krile is able to wear helms, and light armor which would give her more DEF which would at least help her survive more. I mean yes, you're using those slots to maybe give her slightly less MAG/SPR from hats, or clothes/robes but since Krile has a healer postition thanks to Dualcast + Curaja I wouldn't be mad to take a few points off to make sure she survives longer in battle.

Cons:
    Drain: Drain only works for physical attackers cause they have the ATK stat to abuse it so they can heal enough. Krile isn't that she's a mage which by default her ATK is gonna be low. At a measly 83, she won't be getting any HP back. This skill is 100% useless even cause she has heals in her movepool. She has all three stage cures (Cure, Cura, and Curaja) so she pretty will never need to use this skill.

Convert: I've said this before, but Convert is never really gonna be useful. It hurts Krile than most red mages who get it cause she again has a higher healer + attacker presence in battle cause of her innate Dualcast. She's already barely scraping to survive even with her helm, and light armor support. So, intentionally dropping her HP to 1 would hugely wound her in the end. It's way better to just use a Turbo Ether, or Elixir if you must really.

Lack of Status Support: The icing on the cake for Krile for her to truly a top tier 5* red mage is if she had some kind of status support. Something like Esuna, or status specific ones to even help at least a little bit. This would've been great for her cause thanks to DC she could remove two statuses on units, or even heal status on one unit, and heal all your units in that turn. With status support she would've had alot more utility.

Trust Mastery Award:
    Thundaga isn't really something you need to farm.. Since most pure mages gets it at 5. So, I'd avoid this one really. Unless, you're really wanting the extra thunder damage on Krile herself, or a mage who doesn't have Thundaga naturally that'd probably be the only real reason why'd you actually want to get this TM.

PvP Arena:
    She can hang in battles in PvP Arena. As she's not really too terrible to use in it. Her main saving grace is that she can help chain elemental damage cause of her DC + with some mages that you could put in your team. She can also heal more cause of DC Curaja which would keep your teams more than healthy for the ongoing rounds.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Ingus
    • Krile has higher base MAG and higher MAG passives than Ingus.
    • Ingus can support the team better with Full Break.
    • Ingus has more efficent status support with Esuna, while Krile doesn't have any status support.
    • Krile has the Curaja as her best heal, while Ingus has Curaga.
    Overall Verdict: Krile does have a major push here cause of her innate Dualcast despite Ingus covering the important ability to remove statuses on units, everything else well Krile is better than him at. Ingus doesn't have any -ga based spells she at least has Aeroga in her arsenal, she has stronger heals, and more damage cause of it. So, I would give this one to Krile, Ingus does still have his red card of FB support + Esuna though.

[​IMG] - Ludmille
    • Ludmille has access to heavy armor, and helms which would make her more durable than Krile.
    • Ludmille can cure every status, while Krile cannot heal none.
    • Krile has higher cures than Ludmille.
    • Krile has higher MAG stats and better passives than Ludmille.
    Overall Verdict: Krile again would take it here. Despite her not being able to heal statuses innately, and having debuffs like Ludmille, and the aforementioned Ingus. She has great heals, and decent DPS thanks to her passive. Of course, she doesn't fill the niches of having status cure but that was already discussed in her con list. Ludmille wouldn't be able to keep up in battle she can't be a main healer like Krile could cause she lacks the heals for it which would slow down your team drastically even her as a backup healer wouldn't be the best idea. The two are about even(ish) when it comes to overall damage cause of them both having only 1 type of ga spell. I would still give that one cause of Krile cause of the obvious Dualcast in her aresnal.

Conclusion:
    Krile has become a fine 5*, she may be lacking in a few things but personally she's pretty solid overall even in the now meta. Her dualcast is to high of a niche to not simply pass on up especially if you're not a TM farmer so she may have a few good reasons to be used now. Later, she will fall off cause of difficulty spikes and she probably won't be able to take a punch even but now she's decent. I recommend her for beginners, and people in mid level content.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Ryudo

Ryudo Waifu Collector Staff Member Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Sakura
    For the current end-game content on Global (talking mostly about the Colosseum bosses of S-5 BGN up to S-5 INT), she's pretty much a must-have if you don't have Roselia.

About her future 5* evolution:
    Once she gets to 5*, she gets access to Curaja as well, allowing you to dual-cast Curaja, and she gets a +20% MP passive ability as well to make up for the extra MP cost. Additionally Krile also gets a 'risky' HP>MP conversion skill, which reduces your HP to 1 and completely refills your MP. This is risky because any hit she takes after will obviously KO her unless it misses. So only use this skill if you're absolutely sure you're in the safe zone, or if you have another unit that can possibly use a Cure spell on her. Her Aero- spells gets a nice addition to the list with the added Aeroga. And equipping a Staff on her will actually be useful, because she gets +30% MAG with one equipped.

3. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Love my Krile. I'm still undecided what I'll do once we get Fina, because I don't really want to drop Krile but at the same time I want Cheer. XD

4. Odd

Odd New Member

Use both :D lol

5. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

I'll probably rotate Krile, Fina and Terra around as needed for each content. XD

6. Kite

Kite Reaping Survivor Reaping Survivor Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Elza | JP: Cherry Sage Sakura
    101/78
    Krile was my savior during the 2* Siren battle. Bad luck with pulls until I get really lucky. I'm just trying to use whatever units I have especially in the later content.

7. Odd

Odd New Member

Nice I only have Maria so she's getting switched out for fina lol

8. Garuda1984

Garuda1984 Active Member

She's actually pretty good. I've been used her mainly as a healer (double cura) to battle in the arena.

9. Zizou91

Zizou91 New Member

Global ID:
    She's great. Different from Anzelm, she can put the robe to good use which you get in the coliseum (35 Def and 15 mag/spr). However, she can't use rods, which is addressed once she gets her 5☆ awakening.

Krile is probably the best 4☆ caster IMO due to her versatility.

10. Rixa

Rixa Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    You just need to remember, that Krile needs to be 4* and max level in order to get that ah so sweet Dualcast.
    Dualcast makes Global harder fights easier.

11. Taban

Taban New Member

After getting to play with Fina for a bit, I still mostly prefer krile, just because her AoE healing is much stronger than fina's

arry015 likes this.
  12. Vandal

Vandal Member

Sounds cool I need a go find me this girl

13. Valmanway

Valmanway Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Olive / Aileen / Noctis / Orlandeau
    Never knew this girl is worth it even at 4*, nice post btw

Jet Stingren likes this.
  14. Goguma

Goguma Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    Cons: Not enough MP hahaha

15. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    Well and if you have lenna And krill what happens to Fina? I think she'll remain a 2 star for a while

16. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
  17. Ghost42

Ghost42 Active Member

Couple of things I noticed:
    In the intro the line "As usual, sit back and..." is used twice in a row, not really a bad thing just strange to read imo.
    In the "Helm & Light Armor Support" should also mention Krile's ability to wear Light Shields, since it's free defence most other mages don't have.
    Drain does magic damage, not physical.
    In the comparison to Ludmille the line "while Krile cannot heal none." I believe using "while Krile cannot heal any." would be more appropriate.

I believe it's worth mentioning having 2 Kriles in a team can be a good idea, for offense it allows you to chain 4 Aerogas together and lets one Krile double Curaja after the other uses Convert, making Convert a useful skill. Krile is a common unit so most players should be able to get 2 from daily pulls before too long.

Cheers for the review.

Jongiks likes this.
  18. Emeiru

Emeiru Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orly
    Krile is my first major unit to have, even if she's capped at 4* back then she easily became my team leader as she's responsible for taking down bosses and carrying the team thanks to bar-element-ra and healing support. I really appreciated this updated, it's not common to have wind resist and she'll easily bypass resistances with it, plus she can take down tanks relying on Golem.

I'll be giving her a spin, she'll be a good utility unit, asides from being my favorite.

19. bigfnj

bigfnj Well-Known Member

NOTE* If you have earned the Mirage Vest, cast mirage then convert. (Mirage makes the next two attacks targeted at the caster "miss".

20. malloc

malloc Active Member

Global ID:
    can you convert in between battles in an exploration?