1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Lenna [Final Fantasy 5]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    The princess with a nature to save us all! That's right! We're talking about Lenna and how well she fares in the Global meta, and as usual leave comments about the unit and enjoy the review.

[​IMG]
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 422 / 1279 (150) 27 / 77 (35) 17 / 50 (10) 17 / 51 (10) 17 / 52 (10) 21 / 63 (10) 6 1
    4* 549 / 1663 (210) 36 / 100 (45) 21 / 65 (14) 22 / 66 (14) 22 / 68 (14) 27 / 82 (14) 8 1
    5* 713 / 2162 (240) 46 / 130 (60) 28 / 85 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 29 / 88 (16) 35 / 107 (16) 10 1

Lenna is set to drop on 8/5/2016

Magic Level at 5*: White Magic Level 8
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Sage's Staff (Weapon): +25 ATK, +12 MAG, +70 SPR
    Limit Break: AoE 800 Heal w x1.6 Mod & AoE 3 Turn +30% MAG -> AoE 800 Heal w 2.55x Mod & AoE 3 Turn +49% MAG

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Cure (7), Banish (16), Regen (37)
    4*: Esuna (25), Cura (46), Dispel (54)
    5*: +20% SPR (68), Curaja (79), Cheer (80)

Pros: Lenna is gonna be a good healer I can tell you that now. Until her, Roselia was the only healer that had Curaja now we have Lenna who has it as well which is great for future content where Cura just doesn't cut it as a "main" heal anymore. Lenna also has Esuna which means you don't have to cycle one by one for status removals especially if a member is inflicted with two or more haha. Her best calling card though is Cheer which makes her super valuable to use in ATK based teams giving them more damage our free story unit Fina also has this as well. Lenna also has a really good SPR stat before the +20% boost is applied.

Cons: Lenna doesn't really have to many things bad or notable on her really. Besides the typical WM dilemma of rather meh DEF stat which it's kinda a thing for W-Mages to be weak on the physical side so it's not a true concern. Her learn pool is a bit short compared to most units which is kinda meh she does get everything a decent healer needs so I can let it slide really. Over in all, Lenna doesn't have nothing truly bad about her.

Trust Mastery Award: Her TM is good for any healer that wants to be on the bulky side. The good thing is the +70 SPR makes up enough easily for any rod that Lenna could equip in the game right now, this even goes for other healers like Fina, and Roselia. So, it's a good grab if you decide to go for it. I recommend this one.

Comparing to Other Units:

- Roselia: Roselia is the first purest healer in the game, as in everything about her was heals, or status recovery. Lenna works better than Roselia cause of the following: Lenna has Esuna which Roselia doesn't this means you do not have to cycle through one aliment at a time and you can just heal your teammate for all the statuses that he has. Lenna also has buffs she has Cheer which is a amazing move to have right now. Roselia doesn't have anything at all. The only thing Roselia has is a higher MP stat at a nice 143. Meaning she would last longer as Lenna would have to use higher MP moves like Cheer which is 48 MP.

- Fina: Our story unit Fina, and Lenna are a bit alike. Both have Cheer. But, who's better than who? Lenna is for the following reasons. She has Curaja which will become a necessity in later content Cura is fine now if your team is tanky enough, but when events start swinging around then you will have some trouble relying on Cura alone. And Lenna cures more statuses than Fina. Fina can only cure Blind/Silence/Poison. As Lenna can cure all statuses except Petrify.

Conclusion: Lenna is definitely gonna be a nice healer to grab in your team. I recommend you guys pull for her if you can she will outclass Fina, and Roselia easily and be the games top healer for a good while. Until more units come of course :p. But, yes. Go pull for Lenna you will not regret the pull if you get her.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    JChunks, SubZero, DurenChibi and 2 others like this.
  2. Ruinred

Ruinred New Member

So when wol Lena and tellah drop... try and pull for all three :)

3. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

Spr gives a bigger boost to heals than mag, so actually staffs are better than rods for healers. Rods should be for the DPS mages only IMO.

Besides that, she sounds really awesome, like a combination of rose+fina. Will def attempt to get her!

ChaosFX likes this.
  4. HolicX

HolicX Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis
    Revenge and Night like this.
  5. Gankfest

Gankfest Active Member

Rods suck for healers, and Fina heals well. The only 1up Lennah has is TM reward and esuna.

6. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Edited, it appears I read the healing forumla wrong. haha.

Thanks for notifying me.

7. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Don't forget Curaja

8. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

Curaja alone would put her above Fina in terms of usefulness. Still, if not for WoL i doubt i would pull her. Since i'm trying for WoL I think i'll likely get a few of Lenna in the process lol

9. Ryudo

Ryudo Waifu Collector Staff Member Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Sakura
    There's no confirmation of this at all. The 6* comment was made by a random person. Unless I see actual visual proof of Alim there's no reason it can be determined as 'decided' or 'certain' that she gets a 6*. All it is right now, is speculation. She'll probably get it in the future, but as of now there's no plans yet any time soon it seems. First we have the BF collab units coming up on JP, and then after that is the FFXIV event, so yeah.

Needless to say, even her 5* form is great. And she is indeed one of the best WMs on Global right now.

JChunks likes this.
  10. Valmanway

Valmanway Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Olive / Aileen / Noctis / Orlandeau
    So glad to know she is a great WM since i got her for both of my main and alt accounts using the free tickets.

11. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    Is there any good reason to farm two sages staff?

12. Akari

Akari Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oldmandeau, Elza, Noctis, Lightning
    "Good" reason? No. In practical applications you only need 1 for your main healer. If you are impractical, you could get another one for Dual Wield purposes or for a second healer/Cura user.

Valen likes this.
  13. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    Yeah, that's very similar what I was thinking about. My question was because I am pretty sure that I will pull a few more Lennas on the next poll banner event.

Thanks for the answer.