1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Locke [Final Fantasy 6]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    He's FF6's thief with the sticky hands. Yes, we're talking about Locke and how well he'll match up in the current meta on Global. As usual, leave comments and discuss the unit here.

[​IMG]
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 504 / 1528 (180) 21 / 65 (30) 19 / 59 (12) 18 / 54 (12) 17 / 53 (12) 17 / 52 (12) 1 4
    4* 655 / 1986 (240) 28 / 85 (40) 25 / 77 (16) 23 / 71 (16) 22 / 68 (16) 22 / 67 (16) 2 4
    5* 852 / 2582 (300) 36 / 110 (50) 33 / 100 (20) 30 / 92 (20) 29 / 89 (20) 29 / 88 (20) 3 4

Magic Levels at 5*: None
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Rising Sun (Weapon): +107 ATK, Bird Killer added to attacks.
    Limit Break: +260% ST Physical Attack & Steal Item (100% chance) > 355% ST Physical Attack & Steal Item (100% chance)

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Steal, Pilfer, Camouflage
    4*: Escape, Sneak Attack, Bully
    5*: Mug, Mirage Dive, Treasure Hunt

Pros: Gonna throw this out there right now, In the general sense of farming materials from awakening dungeon, or enemy drops. Locke is the best unit for this job, cause of his ability of Treasure Hunt basically all chest drops have a additional +50% chance to drop which is great cause you don't really have to go through as much trouble so long as RNGesus is kind to you. Locke is also another useful thief like unit similiar to Zidane. Locke however, has more of a offensive net than Zidane which would be explained later. His LB actually seems good to use as well for the fact that it's 100% steal chance which I like that personally. He has a few useful abilities as well. Let's take a look, shall we?

• Sneak Attack is the first one cause it's well, a guaranteed critical hit. Sure, it's basically a regular attack but the crit chance is helpful for him to get a nice boost in damage which is always a good thing.
      • Bully is also good, as it's similar to Blade Bash a 30% chance of paralysis is always helpful for getting a few extra turns to deal damage, or support your self for the upcoming turns.
      • Mug is always good if you just wanna steal something off the opponents hands. Same w Pilfer there's niche, not extremely useful as the other two but still helpful.
      • Camouflage is a useful ability cause you don't want Locke taking as much damage as he can be vital for a team i.e. putting paralysis on a boss with Bully, or getting damage from Sneak Attack
    Cons: Locke himself has a really low MAG stat to try and use Mirage Dive. It's a good attack yes, however since his MAG is on the low side he may not be dealing as much damage as one would like. It does have a 25% chance to ignore SPR to it could work for him.

Note: [Treasure Hunter]: The cumative boost of treasure drops when in maps battle, and vortex is 7% boosted chance to drop a chest, the effect does stack with other Lockes, or any other unit who may get Treasure Hunter. This boost is still good enough, as it's better than nothing and can make farming mats for evo that much more easier. This was tested by @Rinny.

Trust Mastery Award: Rising Sun is a projectile weapon that's good to have. A nice and strong +107 in ATK, with the ability of Bird Killer which is very nice to take them out quickly. I recommend farming this one cause it's the strongest throwing weapon in the game entirely.

Comparing to Other Units: Zidane is well his only competitor as they well do the exact same thing. There is differences between the two however. Zidane is better when you wanna rely on stealing cause Zidane has a 100% steal chance with the combo of Mug + Bandit, while Locke only has to rely on 50% which is much lower than Zidane's 100%. However, if you need more offensive pressure Locke would be better cause unlike Zidane who focuses on nothing but stealing, Locke has a few offensive abilities that make him better. Things like Sneak Attack, and Bully for example. Zidane also has slightly higher overall stats than Locke but the differences between the two are so small I wouldn't change my opinion of Locke cause of it.

Conclusion: I recommend Locke over Zidane if you're wanting more offensive pressure on your team. Overall, he's not a bad unit surely useful for farming materials from enemies, and a bit of offensive support. So, he's gets a nice recommendation from me.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

How dare you call Locke a thief? :-P He very much prefers the title of treasure hunter.

BlazeParakeet likes this.
  3. hierotubas

hierotubas Supreme Axolotl VIP JP Moderator

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Daddy Veritas/Rem
    Rising Sun is a Throw weapon, isn't it?

4. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Oh, yeah. You're right. I didn't think it was when I looked but I just checked Altema.

5. Mihok

Mihok New Member

Lockes TM is usefull for COD

6. jeremyj26

jeremyj26 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lol

7. HolicX

HolicX Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis
    Hum, i have 2 CoD. Hope i can roll 2 Locke :)

8. Bùi Kiên Trung

Bùi Kiên Trung Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    It will be a long time to farm his TM though :)

9. HolicX

Leads:
    Noctis
    Lol add nick di bo teo 864.586.612
    Well, tell the truth..no hope about TM problem just wait for limited time Mog events give Truth master moggles that +10% TM when fuse.

10. Bùi Kiên Trung

Bùi Kiên Trung Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Added :) my FFBE is LittleR. Hope to coop well with you. Ông ở đâu đấy ???

2ugLee likes this.
  11. HolicX

Leads:
    Noctis
    Sao ko thấy nhỉ? Nick ĐạiVương
    Ở Hochiminh :)
    About Zidean: his TM "Dual Wield" still the best :]

12. Mihok

Mihok New Member

Vietnamese people are everywhere haha xD... xin chao cac ban :P

13. HolicX

Leads:
    Noctis
    Xin chao, add nick đê :D
    Found out the best Throwing weapon we can have ( drop, make) in game is Moon Ring Blade ATK+26. And Locke TM Rising Sun ATK+107...humm huge difference

14. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Hi, guys. You can take that to PM. This is a overview of a unit, and serves as a main discussion of the unit alone.

15. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Just Draw Locke! woot!

2ugLee likes this.
  16. korendir

korendir Well-Known Member

Can you explain the treasure hunter further? What do you mean by chests, is it the stuff that drops from each enemy as they die? What about the exploration star points which gives mats and magicite?

Thanks for the guide! Happy I just drew him

17. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Treasure Hunter boosts all droprate of chest dropped from enemies by 50%, this means that in vortexes/quests and so on all enemies will have a chance. I do not know the default % of drop rates I would say it's fairly high, but due to this Locke is actually a great unit for farming things of that sort. However, Treasure Hunter fails if drop rates are already 100% such cases would include Chamber of Awakening, and Chamber of Creation.

Rinny likes this.
  18. ChaosFX

ChaosFX Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru
    Locke dual wielding rising sun.. i dream too much.. T_T

19. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    It is supposed that LB has 100% steal change but I get failures very often on LB steal just like if it was 50% steal change. I am going crazy?

Excuse my poor English ^^U

20. Killerdemon

Killerdemon Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    WoL, Chiz, Cecil, Kef and Len
    Hi there. Well I just pulled him and because I don't have all the fancy units other people have (nope no exdeath , cecils, CoD, WoL, firion , Barth etc) so I'm pretty happy since he might become my main damage dealer after lasswell... Now what I wanna ask is your opinion on his future role and /or how is he currently doing in the jpn meta.
    Thanks