1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Luneth [Final Fantasy 3]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Born as the Light of Courage. And a raised orphan from the Village of Ur. That's right, we're talking about Luneth and how well he compares in the Global Meta. Any comments, and dicussions should be left below. And lastly, enjoy the review.

[​IMG]

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: None
    Weaknesses [6*]: None | Resistances: +100% Blind, Paralyze, Confuse, Petrify resist
    Trust Mastery Award: Celestial Gloves (Accessory): +30 ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
    Limit Break: 290% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn +30% DEF Debuff -> 410% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn +54% DEF Debuff

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 926 / 2807 (240) 39 / 119 (40) 37 / 112 (24) 32 / 97 (16) 29 / 88 (16) 30 / 90 (16) 4 3
    6* 1196 / 3625 (390) 51 / 155 (65) 48 / 146 (34) 42 / 127 (26) 38 / 115 (26) 39 / 117 (26) 4 3

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Counter 30% Chance to counter Physical Attacks - 15 [*****]
    Hit-All 180% AoE Physical Attack 17 32 [*****]
    HP +20% Boosts users HP stat by 20% - 52 [*****]
    Sword Mastery +20% ATK when holding a Sword - 64 [*****]
    Cut Through 250% ST attack with -25% DEF ignore 45 80 [*****]
    Ur Pendant +100% Resist to Blind, Paralyze, Confuse, Petrify - 1 [******]
    Auto Referesh +5% MP Heal per turn - 41 [******]
    ATK +30% Boosts users ATK stat by 30% - 72 [******]
    Advance +60% ATK & 30% DEF debuff (SELF) 20 91 [******]
    Dual Wield Allows user to hold two weapons - 100 [******]

Pros:
    Ur Pendant: This passive alone covers what so many physical units would strive for. It basically blocks all of the most fatal statuses to a physical attacker like Luneth. This means he can keep doing his job again, and again without dealing or having to be tended by a healer incase he were to be status by something.

Innate Dual Wield: If this is your first time reading this, but innate dual wield is the biggest blessing you can really give to a unit. The main reason is that the extra item this basically turns any unit into some kind of wrecking ball, and allows them to be more
    versatile with weapon management. You can make Luneth hit for multiple elements on one attack which is pretty insane. If you didn't know, Dual Wield is pretty much one of if not the best TM in the game so to have it innately makes Luneth a great unit by default cause he wouldn't need to much extra work put in.

ATK +50% Passive (Total): We've been getting alot of 6* potential attackers and there is only 2 units who has this high of a passive and that was DK Cecil, and CoD , but here's Luneth who also rivals them in that power which his own 50% boost to Attack which easily can allow him to scale to high levels of attack cause of this passive alone. He with proper equips can break 500 ATK without a single TM needed which is a amazing feat alone.

Cons:
    Advance: While this is a great SELF buff for Luneth, I mean it gives the higher ATK buff possible both on ST, and AoE currently. The main problem is the -30% DEF debuff that's attached to it. This hurts Luneth if he's rapidly targeted and the debuff couldn't be removed off of him otherwise. It would be much better to stick with Cheer while it's 20% weaker, it's still a great ATK/DEF buff and wouldn't hurt more so improve, and protect Luneth.

Limited Attacking Skills: This one isn't really a true con, but a real minor issue for Luneth. I feel, he doesn't have alot of attacking skills to use his massive power really. He only has 2 skills that deal damage 1 ST, and 1 AoE. While this is actually the recommended amount needed for a DPS attacker, and with his innate Dual Wield would be doing very nice, and
    sufficient damage. But, only 2 skills for damage? I would've liked to see more on Luneth in all honesty. But, him again having a strong AoE, and ST is fine for any sort of content.

Trust Mastery Award:
    Celestial Gloves is a great TM easily. A free +30 boost to pretty much all of your stats except HP/MP is a great addition to any unit so I recommend this TM fully to any unit really cause it helps just about any real unit in the game since it applies to every stat. +30 ATK for your DPS Attackers, +30 MAG for your mages etc etc. It would also greatly help mixed units cause of the +30 ATK/MAG boost.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Lightning
    • Luneth has higher ATK boosting passives than Lightning. 50% to her 30%
    • Luneth has harder hitting moves, and a ST move with DEF ignore.
    • Lightning has amazing elemental support, which can be key for defeating bosses.
    • Lightning can support the team, and can potentially evade attacks which may come clutch.
    • Lightning can debuff electric to enemies which is a excellent combine with her Electric Blitz
    Overall Verdict: Honestly, these two are well.. REALLY close. Luneth no doubt out damages Lightning with his attacks easily. Cause of his higher passives, and Spearhead having DEF ignore. But, with Lightning and her overall element niche wouldn't put her to far away from Luneth. In this current meta, and many metas to come around elemental damage will be abused to take down bosses wither it be from events, or trials. So, I honestly cannot say who would be better than who really. Luneth can out damage her of course, but as for overall they are pretty tied due to their respective niches in battle.

[​IMG] - Cloud of Darkness
    • CoD has innate resistances to every element, and 30% resistance to every aliment, while Luneth only has nulls to a few statuses.
    • Luneth has the overall more convient weapon selection.
    • CoD can support your team with elemental shields, and removing debuffs while Luneth is pure damage.
    • Luneth has a usable AoE damaging skill, while CoD has a AoE Debuffing skill.
    Overall Verdict: Luneth would easily again be damage for a few reasons. Cause of him having Innate Dual Wield, and a sturdy AoE to use in content. CoD is a good attacker too, but is a great support. With moves like Omni Veil, and Comeback they can be wonderful assets to your team in any real sort of content. But when it comes to damage these two would've been close. Luneths skill Spearhead, is almost the same as CoDs Call of the Void. 250% on Spearhead with 25% DEF ignore, while CoD is 210% with -25% DEF ignore on Call of the Void. So, even without his Dual Wield Luneths attack would be stronger.

[​IMG] - Dark Knight Cecil
    • DK Cecil has higher base ATK than Luneth. 155 to his 146
    • Luneth doesn't have a HP % Requirement to use any of his skills, unlike DKCecil.
    • DKCecil has the better weapon selection than Luneth.
    • Luneth protects himself from fatal statuses that would stop his DPS, DKC cannot.
    Overall Verdict: Luneth would still be better than DKCecil cause of again the innate Dual Wield. If I were to put them on the same table (Luneth without his DW), DKCecil would be better in terms of getting off damage cause of ridiculously high modifiers on his moves. Luneths Spearhead with the DEF ignore added just brings him just slightly below Man Eater. Which is a massive 320% Mod. To bad, It cuts DKC HP by 50% pretty much. Luneth doesn't suffer any HP loss when delivering his attacks which is key cause HP is a very important stat in the metas coming up. So, Luneth would be a better option here as opposed to DKC even without Dual Wield.

Conclusion:

Luneth is truly a great unit! Great ATK passives, innate Dual Wield, a strong AoE, and ST move. It's real worth it if you've pulled a Luneth cause he will be one of those units that will last you a real long time in the upcoming content in the game. So, be happy. Cause Luneth is truly worth it if you've pulled him in a summon.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  2. HeartnetXIII

HeartnetXIII Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I'm waiting for this...

thank you :)

and I hope , I can get Luneth in my daily pull

3. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

If you have the said units.. the pros and praises of said unit becomes an ego boost to yourself.. imo.
    If you dont have it.. you try to find more of the cons rather than not. Finding reasons why youre ok from not having him.
    First time finding/confirming this out after reading your overview.
    Anyway, good article there.
    Keep up the good work.

Lonelygirl0000 likes this.
  4. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @Asf: Uhm, what? There's no judgement in my analysis wither I pulled Luneth, as opposed to me actually pulling him. That's why it's called a analysis.

5. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

im not talking about your review bro. Im talking about my psychology.. or self reflect.. hahaha

6. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Are you saying that you feel as if Luneth is "Perfect"?

7. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

nah. I feel like he is better than he should be.. feelings and bias interludes..

8. Kaka

Kaka Well-Known Member Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Nice review Jet!
    But in my opinion, Luneth will outdamage lightning no matter what..
    Lightning has great elemental coverage..
    Yes the bosses have some elemental weakness, but as i can say Luneth will perform better (mostly)..
    And Luneth move is much more powerful than Lightning (not mentioning attack) because defense ignoring move hits harder than normal one, even with same %..

Just my opinion anyway.. :)

9. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @Kaka: I didn't just say that lol.

10. Kaka

Kaka Well-Known Member Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    I just make it more clearer.. lol :D

11. Elisha

Elisha Member

12. HolicX

HolicX Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis
    Lol, i have Luneth in my daily pull to day.
    So it possible, im really want you have a happy pull like me, good luck bro :D

13. encrypt

encrypt Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Burritos, Tacos
    Million dollar question: dump tickets/accrued lapis on Luneth/Refia by those of us who are semi-F2P (I've spent a few $100 so far) and haven't been blessed with lightning but have most other best in slot units? Or wait for Tillith?

14. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @encrypt: This banner is better than BF.

encrypt likes this.
  15. Sorwen

Sorwen Active Member

Personally yes. Luneth doesn't need to rely on TMs to get the best potential out of him. Other units could be used as a replace, but all except Lightning need multiple TM to do it. If you've gotten some of the more powerful elemental weapons then he can really help chain damage between types. Last banner I used that to great effect with friend's Lightning having him I don't have to rely on them and/or for them to be using the right weapon. Or needing to not use an elemental weapon like the switch between Adv and Pro last event.

Edit: Side note. I also quit with the half Lapis pulls and save for the 5k. You get more pulls but for me I never get good units. I've gotten more from free tickets and accidentally using 500.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    encrypt likes this.
  16. mystuhmusic

mystuhmusic Active Member Supporter

Pulling Luneth means you have one of the best physical DPS for months to come without any power creep affecting his viability. He is amazing because of his own innate passives that boost his atk without you dumping any TMs on him. Which means you can hold on to him and just slowly improve him with stacking more and more TMs on him while still being very comfortable against any events and content.

encrypt likes this.
  17. K.Abuse

K.Abuse Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning, Chizuru, Kefka, WoL, Lenna
    Luneth = Husbando

JChunks likes this.
  18. JChunks

JChunks Ayaka doesnt want me :( VIP Supporter JP Moderator

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: RIP JP: Landu
    Wait for Tilith if ur happy w ur DPS n need a healer.

Da-mav likes this.
  19. PikaJew

PikaJew Well-Known Member Supporter

To the OP. I would first like to say thank you for writing the reviews that you write. They are very helpful to a lot of people and that's why I bother to read them myself. With that said, back in school my grades in English class usually ranged from a D to a D- and even to someone like me your lack of grammar makes it bothersome to read your reviews. I know I probably sound like an ass for going so far out of my way to criticize you, and am not going to nit pick about every little issue here, but I am going to ask that in the future you consider using the word 'because' in your writings and save the word 'cause' for your Spanish speaking friends who refer to you as their primo. There, I said it.

20. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    @PikaJew : I'm not Spanish, nor is any part of me mixed with it. I don't understand your issue with 'Cause' and 'because' really.

Stealth likes this.