1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Noctis [Final Fantasy 15]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Kakurine

Kakurine Active Member

Wow! Your so lucky you got luneth and noctis. I notice luneth is often in rainbow. I'm happy for you. ::mog::

KyleTVu likes this.
  2. KyleTVu

KyleTVu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    Thank you after so many pulls. I did not want to pull because I want to save larpis for Orlandu and Ace. But then the song made me want to pull for Noctis. I am glad that I believed my instinct.

Kakurine likes this.
  3. Kakurine

Kakurine Active Member

hehehe! never doubt your instinct. ::imember::

Chemist likes this.
  4. Denis

Denis Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    i feel that Noctis is lacking in the DPS department even with DW. I think a gilga or a luneth is way better suited for trial boss fights.
    however Noctis excels in pvp. Thanks gumi for the discriminating nerf on the global version of exvius. good job!

5. DaMadDog420

DaMadDog420 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    So, given that noctis' flask moves are hybrid atk/mag, would a katana actually be better for noctis as he gets +20% atk/mag with katanas as opposed to +35% atk with greatsword? What about with blademastery added to the equation? I ask because i should have my first batch of tmr in about 2-3 weeks(ring of lucci,blademastery,sakurabufuki, excalibur,dualcast) and im wondering which way to go for him. I also have a chiz, and ive heard he can get badass with blademastery and dualwield. Unfortunately still no zidane for me, but someday....:)

6. Valmanway

Valmanway Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning / Luneth / Noctis / D. Fina
    It is better to have a great sword and katana for better attack and added mag for katana plus if you have bm aside from dw that would stack with the power of kings katana..dont get disappointed now, you never know you might get zidane sooner or later.

7. Emeiru

Emeiru Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    If I had the chance again, I would love to get Noctis. While yes he's DPS is not on par with true DPS units (like my Luneth), he allows the team to last for lengthy fights, and in the long-run he's dealing much damage thanks to his near limitless supply of MP.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  8. DaMadDog420

DaMadDog420 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Actually, with dualwield he surpasses lightning and luneth.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  9. Emeiru

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    Why yes he would! I'd be happy to get Dual Wield myself but having only one Zidane would take forever (in accordance to my short grinding discipline). Luneth and Lightning, both with innate DW, would have by default higher DPS, considering as well their primary attacks are all ATK-based and not hybrid.

10. JustinHChrist

JustinHChrist Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis, Lightning
    This. With all the same TM's and or any combination of the TM's i have noctis hits much harder than the others in almost all situations. Gilga's divider is the only thing that outdoes it in Aoe. Nothing outdoes him in single target.

Sunnycyde and DaMadDog420 like this.
  11. yuyu

yuyu Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    my build for Noctis now is semi tank, I know it wrong maybe, but since i don't have the gear, i have to resource to another thing, he mainly use for his flask ability now and survive in case i didn't kill all in 3 turn. but when his ability not banned, flask is crazy, in tank build, he nearly invincible, with jump ability and cover (2500K worth of HP in 1 turn, not mention MP recovery)

Sunnycyde likes this.
  12. Valmanway

Valmanway Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning / Luneth / Noctis / D. Fina
    Still very happy that im one of those who are lucky enough to get him. He is one of a kind yet he is really good at almost anything.

Sunnycyde likes this.
  13. Sparkle

Sparkle Well-Known Member

@Jet Stingren Power of Kings - Guns is now working as written in game - DEF/MAG boost.

14. Nheko

Nheko Active Member

I was pulling for Dark Fina and got a second Noctis...!

What build do you suggest for both? Espero and ability wise?

15. Steven exvius

Steven exvius New Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Veritas
    I have 2 accounts to choose, one have Noctis & Zidane, and one have Gilgamesh Cecil COD
    Which one to choose? Personal preference, I choose noctis, but what about long-term wise? Can anyone help with comparison?

16. Khidir

Khidir Member

Gilgamesh Cecil for the TMRs, they are indispensable for any future unit.

Noctis is very nice to have for his high end utility but I feel at the same time there is always a chance to get him in the future. Zidane isn't a strong factor from my perspective as you are comparing to Gilgamesh TMR

17. Sunnycyde

Sunnycyde New Member

I'd go for Noctis and zidane. Cecil is so easy to get, cod is easily replaced(I have 2 and rarely use one), and Gilgamesh isn't anywhere near as versatile as Noctis even on GL.

18. Emeiru

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    Thinking of his Flask abilities, I feel that other spell blade mages would love to get modifiers as high as Noctis'. 300-400% really seems to be a good range if ra/ga spell blades would be buffed. Is there any possibility in JP for this?

@yuyu I usually play my companion Noctis that way, he's a really great tank given that he has good sustainability and powerful taunt. I usually go Fire Flask to disable enemies, Warp Decoy then Fish if I feel the enemy would launch a powerful ST attack, else use buffs and throw other flasks to deal awesome damage (they have DW, too). Noctis and one dedicated healer would be a perfect base for a balanced team, the other 3 slot would have incredible freedom to mix and match. Refia is specially good with Noctis because she has Full Raise, Noctis can go Fish and take lethal damage only to be revived 100% by Refia. Now I just need to get my own Noctis to pair up with my Refia!

19. yuyu

yuyu Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    lightning/Cecil/COD
    @Emeiru if i can give you unit. i glad to gave you my 2nd noctis. Just got him today.. don't know what to do. I only have 1 DW and 1 blodsword. My next tier great sword only excalipoor...LOL... just trade by ace... need that bonus to get those trust moggle.

Valmanway likes this.
  20. Emeiru

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ekusudesu / Luneth
    I'll be glad if that's possible, but I appreciate the thought a lot, thanks!