1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Ramza [Final Fantasy: Tactics]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    With dedication in his heart to become a knight like his childhood friend Delita. We learn who Ramza truly was in his place in the war. Today, we have our review on Ramza and how well he compares in the Global meta. As usual leave comments, and questions. And enjoy the review!

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weakness [5*]: None | Resistances: None
    Weakness [6*]: None | Resistances: +50% All Aliments Resist [Justice]
    Trust Mastery Award: Brave Suit [Equip]: +51 DEF, +15% ATK & MAG
    Limit Break: ST 3 Turn +40% ATK/MAG -> ST 3 Turn +64% ATK/MAG

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    5* 898 / 2722 (300) 40 / 120 (50) 36 / 108 (20) 33 / 100 (20) 31 / 94 (20) 30 / 92 (20) 4 2
    6* 1168 / 3538 (450) 51 / 156 (75) 46 / 140 (30) 43 / 130 (30) 40 / 122 (30) 39 / 119 (30) 5 2

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Entrust Users gives LB gauge to a target. 18 5 [*****]
    Protect ST 3 Turn +20% DEF 4 14 [*****]
    Shell ST 3 Turn +20% SPR 4 14 [*****]
    Mind Break 180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack & ST 5 Turn -40% MAG Debuff 12 21 [*****]
    DEF +20% Boosts users DEF stat by 20% 0 36 [*****]
    SPR +20% Boosts users SPR stat by 20% 0 36 [*****]
    Cura AoE ~400 HP Heal w 3x Mod 7 42 [*****]
    Medicate Self Cure Poison, Blind, Silence 6 48 [*****]
    Cheer AoE +40% ATK/DEF for 3 Turns 48 65 [*****]
    Holy Blade 230% 1 Hit ST Light Hybrid Attack 29 76 [*****]
    Justice +50% All Aliments Resist 0 1 [******]
    Hero's Rime AoE +40% All stats for 3 turns (singing) 20 24 [******]
    MAG +30% Boosts users MAG by 30% 0 52 [******]
    HP +20% Boosts users HP by 20% 0 86 [******]
    ATK +20% Boosts users ATK by 20% 0 86 [******]
    Auto-Refresh Recover 5% of MP per turn 0 92 [******]
    Ultima 280% AoE 1 Hit Magic Attack + Ignore -25% of SPR 60 100 [******]
    Second Wind (Exclusive) ST +50% ATK/MAG for 3 turns 12 0 [*****]

Pros: Ramza has alot going for him actually. He has alot of good things to be said about him. One he is VERY versatile in battle he has the ability to do just about every role in the game. That's pretty insane. His best bets would easily be support, or attacker in my honest opinion. Ramza is also the first unit to receive passives is ALL stats and not alot of units are rivaled by this he's the only one who gets all the useful passives which is great cause that adds to the ability of him being able to play multiple roles in a team. Another strong + for Ramza is that he has a innate ability called Justice which gives him a +50% resist to all aliments this is a godsend for him, and any unit cause content now doesn't really abuse aliments that strongly but in the future aliments spread basically like wildfire this I can assure you this! Ramzas debuffs are actually more prominent to use than a certain other unit that will be mentioned later. Him having ATK/MAG debuffs works better cause to protect your team the enemy at hand needs to be as crippled as far as possible. 30% coming from FB is still great, but -40% coming from Ramza would help the fight go a tad bit smoother.

Cons: This mainly touches on newer players, or people who're trying to figure out their teams. He has team placement issue if you don't know what to use him beforehand then you might be confused on what to use him as in fights since he can do a bit of everything. But, if you have a solid placement for him then it will not be a issue as badly. Ramza also has Ultima which is the strongest MAG move in the game. However, he lacks any real placement to use it as he lacks rods to get a more major boost. He does have the MAG +30% going for him but since there isn't really good MAG buffs on his equipment options you can see where I am going with this. Another thing that worries me is his skill "Hero's Rime" which is the first AoE ALL stats up move to be brought into Global however it has song mechanics which means when he used it he cannot do anything for 3 turns which could be used to put more damage from him on the board, or support your teams with more debuff pressure. He does at least have Cheer so it's not entirely all bad.

Second Wind: Second Wind isn't as great since it's a ST buff, while it's great and cheaper to use than Cheer, and Hero's Rime and has higher stat ups. It's the fact that his skill is ST which means it takes harder to setup more effectively if spread to 3 DPS units it would take up 36 MP some MP healed between turns but using Cheer is AoE and takes only 1 turn which is quicker to setup you lose the MAG buff yes. But. ATK/DEF as a combo work better than ATK/MAG unless you were trying to nuke something in content.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Delita
    • Ramza has passives in all stats, as opposed to Delita who only has passives in HP/ATK only.
    • Ramzas debuffs are more relevant to use as opposed to Delitas.
    • Delita can put more damage on the board, as opposed to Ramza.
    • Ramza has more options in support, as opposed to Delita.
    Overall Verdict: Ramza definitely wins when it comes to the support card. Ramza and his debuffs are way better to take on content at hand cause it gives your team that extra safety. While Delita allows your team to hit a little bit harder, if it's not well structured then problems can ensue on the recieving end on the attacks from your enemies. Delita however can puncture some enemies with his Barrage, and DEF ignore attacks. As a team, these two work quite well together really since they kinda cover each others weaknesses. Like for example, Delita has Cheer (ATK/DEF buff), while Delita has Meditate (MAG/SPR buff) and you can see how that works. And the same is for their debuffs. They're essentially two sides of the same coin.

Conclusion: If you've picked up Ramza, have some fun with him . He's super versatile and there isn't really too many units who can fit his shoes ever. So, explore some builds with him and make your teams feel rather unique with him in it. I would be happy if I pulled a Ramza cause he's a fun, and creative unit to use in teams. So, I fully recommend you try for him.

2. Asf

Asf VIP VIP

The question is..
    Is it optimal to build ramza in a magical built? A physical built? Or a defensive build? Going half and half wont do..

3. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    I'm going support/DPS on my build.

4. Reizen

Reizen Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Lightning
    Wow, Ramza is a good unit. I wish my luck pulling him were the same pulling Lightning ::sorry:: ::salt::

5. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    I think harp from gilbert? Is good for him case that harp have some mag dmg~
    Make him do what bard job do, at later content if im not wrong enchanment for Hero's rime is 100% to 4 stats and some regen? And mp heal bonus, that OP for bard style

6. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    That's after Enhancements which is a long ways away. You have the habit of looking to deep.

7. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    Un, sorry, its habits of my life hahaha
    Always research something deeply if available~
    Well ramza is good unit for now, if confused what role he should take just use him as bard supporter so you can ditch focus and cheer units

8. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    When he gets his upgrade to heroes rime, he becomes a BEAST! +100% to all base stats minus HP/MP. A form of AOE MP regen and a very good AOE MP battery.

9. Doma

Doma Well-Known Member Supporter

I keep seeing people say his gear isn't useful for a mage but he can wear all mage gear except rods so even without enhancer + stellar shield he can get more mag from Robe + Hat than Xdeath can from just rods.

Thoraeon likes this.
  10. J450N

J450N Member

None TMR gear suggestions for support/bard build?

(I am asking based off having Lightning, Cecil, and Kefka utilizing certain pieces and this stealing enhancer from lightning)

Enhancer
    Stellar Shield
    Chapeau
    Force Armor
    Hero Ring x2

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  11. Mikazuki

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
  12. J450N

J450N Member

But what gear for none TMR farming folks? Since all he might be doing is singing do i just stack DEF? or do I try to stack MAG ?

13. addicted2curry

addicted2curry Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru, Ramza, DK Cecil, CoD, Exdeath
    Ramza is siik.. His support skills are pretty good! I really loved Tactics, so the nostalgia is nice too.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  14. Lucks

Lucks New Member

Leads:
    Lightning
    You can actually build him to have 400+ Mag without TMs.
    Enhancer + Stellar shield + Creepy mask + Magi Robe + 2 Earrings + 4 Mag 10% + ESPER RAMUH

Enhancer from Intangir
    Stellar shield from Moon cake festival event
    Creepy mask from halloween event
    Magi Robe from Colosseum ADV C-5
    Earrings from Starquartz
    Mag 10% are craftable

Total mag: 406

Now you can play with Ultima :D

Shinigami likes this.
  15. Hibernis

Hibernis Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Do his Cheer, Second Wind and Hero's Rime stack with each other?

16. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    No buffs stack with each other. They get overwrittened by the strongest buff. Second Wind is the strongest so that would overwrite all the other buffs.

17. LaheyMode

LaheyMode Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    So until the enhancements come for hero's rime, what seems to be the best course of gearing him up for support/dps in the meantime? Going mag and using Ultima or trying for a more phys based build with holy blade? (have enhancer, creepy mask, earrings, etc but also have a Deathbringer/tigermask/blackbeltgi I could give him)