1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Rosa [Final Fantasy 4]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    To protect the one you truly love! That's right we're talking about Rosa and how well she fares in the Global Meta! As usual, leave questions, and comments about Rosa in this thread any & all feedback will be appreciated. :)

[​IMG]

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 574 / 1738 (210) 37 / 110 (45) 22 / 67 (14) 22 / 68 (14) 23 / 71 (14) 30 / 91 (14) 8 1
    5* 746 / 2260 (240) 48 / 143 (60) 29 / 88 (16) 29 / 89 (16) 31 / 93 (16) 39 / 119 (16) 12 1

In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*], [​IMG] [5*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Magic Levels at 5*: Magic Level 8
    Weaknesses: None | Weaknesses: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Goddess's Bow: +91 ATK, +40 SPR + Bird Killer added to Attacks.
    Limit Break: AoE Recover 60% HP & 20% MP -> AoE Recover 79% HP & 39% MP

Abilties Learned at Each Level:
    4*: Aim (1), Stona (7), Cleanse (12), Curaga (21), MP +20% (32), Snipe (46), Dispelga (60)
    5*: Esuna (16), Curaja (36), +30% SPR (52), Charge Shot (62), MP Scroll (71), Bless (80)

Pros: On the start, Rosa gets both Stona, and Cleanse outside of Esper support this move hasn't been on that many units, or even none at all which is great for her Stone, and Petrify were the only statuses in the game that could not be healed by Esuna so to see her be able to have this move is a well good send in terms of team support. She also later gets Esuna herself which means she's able to heal every status aliment in the game now. She doesn't have any of the smaller cures like Cure, Cura she's packing the best two ones in Curaga/Curaja this is a good/bad thing which I will explain in the cons. Rosa also has a really good LB I rarely ever talk about them cause they are a real hit or miss thing but this one is a real hit. A fixed HP & MP heal is amazing as she's practically a baby Elixir if you decide to raise her LB which is great for keeping teams more offensively valuable in terms of needing to use abilities/skills to deal damage. But, her best gift is her exclusive move Bless which gives MP regeneration for everyone for 3 turns. I need to explain to you how good this is.. Normally in long fights, you will run outta MP especially if you're using big moves like Kefka's Hyperdrive, or whatever future 6* units we may have when she comes out. But, with this move it at least helps the situation in you getting enough MP back to use the move another turn or two without breaking our your Turbo Ethers just yet. The small regen could be JUST enough to fire off another ability and drop to 5 and then you can use that Ether.

Cons: While it's not truly a bad thing she doesn't have Cura I know you ask why I am saying this but this wouldn't really hurt her so it's more like a concern at best. With bless, you could play your units & Rosa more conservatively trying to build up MP regen to allow you to do some full DPS like attacks the turn after however Rosa will always need to heal meaning she wouldn't get as much back while fighting a boss cause she would be on heal duty, other units like attackers could get away with just using normal attacks. It's not really a super bad thing for her but just a concern. Her attacking moves won't serve her no use either since she doesn't really. Her Trust Mastery alone makes up for it, and still gives her a good enough SPR boost to be a healer so that would fix her problem.

Trust Mastery Award: Goddess Bow seems like a her type of trust mastery. I can't really think of another unit this would be great for other than Rosa herself the reason why this would be good for her as previously I said she wouldn't be able to deal as a much damage due to a lowered ATK stat being her lowest stat overall at 88. With her bow she gets a impressive +91 ATK which with a little esper support from Shiva maybe she would have a decent enough attack to at least leave a small amount of damage to the opponent. The +40 SPR is just great enough to make her a healer as well so that would be a bigger + for her to get this TM. It's a good bow, so I would grab it.

Comparing to Other Units

[​IMG] - Garnet:
    • Garnet has more support options than Rosa having a Green Magic affinity which allows her to craft some interesting materia for your squad gain some of these even include the bar-shields.
    • Rosa & Garnet are pretty much close when it comes to stats. Garnet has a little more MAG than her, and Rosa has a little more SPR than her. Rosa also has a better MP boost than Garnet beaten hers by 10% more.
    • Garnet has Raise which as I have said before is a major savor in terms of content clearing cause you very well will need it to bring back a unit in case they die, or get screwed over by RNG.
    • Rosa's Bless makes squads be more reckless with MP consumption cause some of it would be brought back and not to many units have MP regeneration in fact, Rosa is the first unit ever to get it.
    • Rosa can clear all status conditions in the game, Garnet can't clear any outside of support.
    Overall Verdict: I would say they are both tied as they would bring a supreme niche for two different things. Rosa having Bless keeping the squads offensive pressure going for a few extra turns can JUST be enough to clear the content at hand, meanwhile Garnet has raise to be a lifesaver for content clearing. I learn towards Rosa more cause she has status clear which is annoying to deal with on any team if you already have someone to clear status than Garnet would be better. If not, Rosa.

[​IMG] - Lenna:

• Lenna has more support for the team in her amazing buff move Cheer.
    • Rosa clears all statuses, Lenna can only cure the ones from Esuna.
    • Rosa gets a MP buff allowing her to last longer, Lenna doesn't get one.
    • Rosa has a bit more offensive presence to her even if she's mainly a healer her attack "Charge Shot" has a 1 turn Stop effect to it which could be very niche in getting your team together in that said turn.
    Overall Verdict: I feel Lenna would still be a very great spot for melee based teams cause of her Cheer buff alone as it's still the best ATK based buff in the game. Rosa wouldn't be a terrible fit in a melee based team cause she supplies them with MP which keeps them doing high amounts of DPS. But, ultimately I feel she would be a better slot for MAG based teams as most mages use up their MP more aggressively than melee units which could be a great calling for Rosa to come in and play the role with her Bless ability.

Conclusion: Rosa is a very solid healer with a incredible niche in MP recovery which has not been seen before and man, was this needed! I would try pulling for her for MP heavy teams she could be your main healer if you didn't get Garnet, or Lenna already in which you can avoid Rosa unless again you want her for that Bless ability. But, she's not a bad pull at all.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    K.Abuse, Da-mav, August and 4 others like this.
  2. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    And I just pulled a few Lennas the last week... Maybe I should wait for Rosa... My "All mages" team would really appreciate her MP regen.

3. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Roselia is further down the list... :(

4. CeciRose

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I have Cecil, Rydia, Kain, Tella, and Golbez.I must have Rosa to complete my FFIV team...

Fabio and NoctisXV like this.
  5. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Cecil is one lucky guy.

6. CeciRose

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Still don't have her.. :(

7. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    One thing is certain: She really has NO weaknesses.

8. Mikazuki

Mikazuki Member Supporter

Leads:
    Fencer, DKC
    oh good i have 4 of her....

9. Dysdayn

Dysdayn Member

Finally a good healer! It only took me two or three months! :p

10. Doma

Doma Well-Known Member Supporter

I noticed comparing healers, unless translate is failing or there is a missprint, the JP Rosa has HP Stroll, the GL Rosa has MP Stroll. This seems like kind of a big deal, am I right?