1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Santa Roselia [FFBE: Christmas]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    She's the mage in the red coat! That's right, today we will be talking about Santa Roselia and how well she compares to the Global meta. As usual, leave comments, and questions below. And enjoy the review. :]

[​IMG]
    In Game Sprite Models: [​IMG] [4*] | [​IMG] [5*] | [​IMG] [6*]
    Equipment: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +25% Ice Resist
    Trust Mastery Award: Pure Heart (Materia): HP/MP +15, +20% SPR
    Limit Break: AoE 1200 Base + 2x/3.2x & Cure Status + 30% SPR Buff for 3 Turns

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 582 / 1765 (210) 35 / 107 (35) 21 / 63 (14) 22 / 66 (14) 23 / 71 (14) 30 / 90 (18) 8 1
    5* 757 / 2295 (240) 46 / 139 (40) 27 / 82 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 30 / 92 (16) 39 / 117 (24) 10 1
    6* 985 / 2984 (390) 59 / 180 (65) 35 / 107 (26) 37 / 112 (26) 40 / 120 (26) 50 / 152 (34) 12 1

Name Effect MP Level Learned & Rarity
    Stona ST Cure Petrify 5 5 [****]
    Cleanse ST Cure Virus 5 18 [****]
    Cura AoE ~400 HP Heal w/ 3x Mod 7 12 [****]
    Banish 120% ST Magic Attack 3 23 [****]
    Regen ST ~400 HP Heal w/ 2x Mod for 3 Turns 3 40 [****]
    Curaga ST ~800 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod 9 60 [****]
    Dispel ST Stat Buff Removal 7 16 [*****]
    Esuna ST Cure Poison, Blind, Sleep, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse 8 30 [*****]
    SPR +20% Boost users SPR stat by 20% - 56 [*****]
    Curaja AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 3.4x Mod 15 72 [*****]
    Blessed Heart 40% Chance to Counter Phys & Mag with: Resilience: Self Status Cure + Self 100% All Ele Resists/2 Turns - 80 [*****]
    Heart of Conviction +30% SPR +1 LB/Turn - 1 [******]
    Entrust Give LB Gauge To Target 18 8 [******]
    Healers Resolve Self -30% ATK +60% SPR for 4 Turns 32 25 [******]
    HP +20% +20% HP - 75 [******]
    Divine Grace 30% Chance to Counter Phys & Mag Heal Back: 60% Chance to: Heal Self (Self 500 Base+3x Heal) 40% Chance to: Mass Heal (AoE 500 Base+3x Heal) - 100 [******]
    Pros:
    Heal Counters: Her heal counters are pretty OP to be honest with you. She overall has a 70% chance to trigger one of 4 effects which can help her out in a pinch. This is actually something new and never before seen on Global, as all we had were counters that dealt damage. Roselia on the other hand allows herself, and your team to survive more cause of the extra HP she gets back at the end of the turn if she turns out to be attacked by anything. Physical or Magic which makes these set of moves very good!

High SPR Passives: She has a max of 50% SPR when she's hits 6* that's actually amazing for her heals since they favor off of SPR more so than MAG. With the amount of high SPR she has she will surely deliver some strong heals on her own moves + her counters to keep your team healthy for a good majority of the fight.

All Status Aliment Cure: Santa Roselia can cure all of the status aliments in the game which is great. Of course, she cannot heal Stop. But, she is able to heal even the most annoying status aliment which is Petrify which can make her useful in content to bosses that would otherwise do that effect on you. This is also a great thing for PvP Arena since it's one of the most common aliments there.

Auto LB Fill: Strangely enough, she gets LB Regen. This actually helps her greatly! I didn't think it would do much but thanks to her having a slightly stronger heal at base on her LB, and having Entrust I believe this can actually support the team pretty well. She can manually fill her own LB between turns + crystals that go to her. And pass the LB to someone else like a Cecil for example when you need the buffs for your team and the like. This in return, means she can get her LB faster and can use it for a better emergency heal when your team has taken a strong AoE attack by the enemy.

Cons:
    Selfish Buffs: All of Santa Roselia main buffs are to herself. Which can sting a bit when you need the support to get your team going against hard content ahead. If all her counters were AoE support like her Resilience for example then she would've been fine here really.

Lack of Raise: Santa Roselia doesn't have a raise move. Which in the stage of the meta is highly needed in case units get one shotted by trigger based attacks, or they couldn't take the onslaught of damage that was dealt to them for that turn. This kinda hurts her alot, cause of how important the move is to have. If there is a mage who can raise, then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad. But, you'd still have to use a slot for another character when you can be more slot
    efficient by giving Raise to her.

Lack of MP Passives: MP is one of the most important things to a healer, cause 9/10 they will be doing something every turn. Either it's healing your team, removing status aliments you know the drill by now. But, since she doesn't have any MP passives she can run outta MP much faster which would slow your team down cause you'd have to pop a ether, or elixir into her to allow her to keep going in battle.

PvP Arena:
    As a stand alone healer, Santa Roselia would be pretty solid here. As she's one of the only 6* who can cure petrify which is one of the most common aliments in PvP Arena right now. Which is good, she also has heal counters that in which can proc to a back up heal for your teammates which helps in that way. She'd be more solid overall if she had a applicable buff to decrease damage taken, or increase stats.

Trust Mastery Award:
    Her TM is actually great for healers. This gives them their most important stats (SPR/MP) alongside a HP boost which is great for them cause it makes more durable in battle. So, I would highly recommend a few of these TMs for your healers so they can survive more, have alot of SPR for heals, and more MP to keep going in the battle.

Comparing to Other Units:

[​IMG] - Refia
    • Santa Roselia has more SPR than Refia making her heals stronger.
    • Refia has innate resistances to the main status aliments that would stop her from doing her job, while Santa Roselia doesn't resist any aliments.
    • Refia has a better support game than Santa Roselia.
    • Santa Roselia has more opportunities to heal due to her counters.
    Overall Verdict: Refia would still win here, Refia namely wins because of her support card being too good. While she doesn't heal as strong as Santa Roselia she does alot more extra to surely make up for it. As a supporter, she can heal aliments, buff your teams ATK/DEF, and has a 100% raise move which is extremely helpful. Santa Roselia would be better if you had the things said about Refia on another member cause again Santa Roselia will heal more than Refia. Santa Roselia wins by heal factor, Refia wins by support factor.

Conclusion:
    Santa Roselia would actually be a great pickup to have for your healers when you don't have Refia. Or again have the bases filled that Refia can do in battle. So, I would simply say to try and get her and save her for later content she could possibly pull her own weight in the team despite having selfish buffs, and a not very open support card. I recommend you guys try to summon for her.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    bwompX2, Thirty Six, Enzoyeh and 5 others like this.
  2. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Administrator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    Mmm she could fit in with WOL 6*(Raise) and Rain 6*(Cheers+Focus).
    But Refia is still waifu.

Kurtis Lightray likes this.
  3. TrollKingDaryl

TrollKingDaryl Member

Ok so in my eyes i would say santa roselias tm is better than refias for healers right? Would also help out cecil too put one on the big guy what do u think?

4. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Olive
    I suppose in a fight with many AOE attacks she could reallly shine her before Refia with multiple counter heals. Either way ill look forward to trying to grab her :)

5. CeciRose

CeciRose Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    306 451 944
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Refia and Rem are waifu...

6. shiroiswhite

shiroiswhite Member

Global ID:
    000 000 000
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh D.Fina Ace Randi Marie
    [ Refia for the win until tilith takes over. ]

7. Requiem

Requiem Well-Known Member Supporter

Least she's better than White Witch Fina, we're slowly getting better holiday exclusives! hahaha

8. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive
    Looks good to me, better than Lenna, Rosa or Garnet :P

9. Arwen

Arwen Member

Hmmm I don't have Refia nor Tilith, so I was actually glad that we're getting another 6* healer but comparing her with Luka who should be coming to us soon I feel like Luka will be a better unit - she has raise, barwaterga, buffs def/spr by 45% and even a water magic aoe skill. Only if is her version of curaja comes with cure status, which is both good and bad I suppose, costs more MP and you won't always need the status curing part but when you do then it's useful not having to wait for LB gauge to be able to aoe cure. In the meantime she also has an aoe regenerate skill that might help keep the party going...
    Guess I've made up my mind... dailies for now, save tickets for later!

10. therayofhope

therayofhope Member

To me it looks useless. If the heal and status cure are applicable to the whole team then can consider...

otherwise just a waste of time

11. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

No rise , no cheer , don't really need esuna coz have cod with come back. I don't think so.

12. Supermeow

Supermeow Member

Thanks for the review, very usefull as usual.

I pulled her today on daily, but I've got Refia and WWF already so plenty of healers. Even tho her counter heal mechanic seems pretty nice, her lack of support and MP buff is killing her IMO. She seems to be there to curaga every turn and eventually cure status one by one. If you don't have healer she might do the job tho.

I noticed the translation of her TM ingame (French user here) is kinda fucked up " up 15% of MP + MP " xD

13. CharAZN

CharAZN Well-Known Member

With her auto-limit skill and entrust, she may very well be the first unit that allows you to train other unit's limit level. Imagine just bringing her and Cecil to Earth Shrine for 1 energy, then just keep defending until Roselia's limit is max just to give it to Cecil. Rinse and repeat until Roselia's mp is depleted :)

It's a slow process though but to spend 1 energy for possibly infinite limit burst usage if you have Rosa makes it seem kinda worth. The process can be hastened with CoD's TMR if you have it

14. Kurtis Lightray

Kurtis Lightray Active Member

Well a healer that is hard to kill is sounds good to me.

15. 32_Footsteps

32_Footsteps Well-Known Member

Well, as my free pull on Christmas Eve, I got her, and I was all "finally, I can retire Lenna from my arena team!"

And then for my Christmas free pull, I finally get Refia.

You were a great pull for one day, Santa Roselia.

Nadako, Annunaki and SummonerBWM like this.
  16. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

WWF is really good W/Cecil as your tank. Never needed Ref, rolled Ref today. Not gonna bother at this point wasting resources on Ref.

I think Santa Roselia will have some good pairings. I prefer leveling and running a unit before getting to involved with ultimate judgment, but I'm pretty sure she'll be great in niches here and there, like on my alt that rolled her and will likely run Noctis/6* Rain with her. They get me raise, buffs, and other things that will let me enjoy her counterhealing.

17. Saucisse

Saucisse Member

Great review! Been wondering if I should pull for this banner for a while.
    Actually have a question: got so many healer stacked in my units... currently got a maxed out Tilith, a Rosalia, a Rosa, two Lenna, and of course a maxed out Fina. Too much healers are taking too many spaces for units. And suggestions which to keep and which to get rid of because of being outclassed soon?
    Thanks guys!

18. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Keep them, get rid of100 lapis.

Annunaki and KMad like this.
  19. Anopheles albimanus

Anopheles albimanus Well-Known Member

Find something like this and then abuse it till you can't abuse it no more, this is how we play this game lol

20. DeathShadow

DeathShadow Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Yun,Olive.Orlandu JP Elfried,FV,2B
    100s
    I am using her as my exploration healer. When im levelling units through exploration i throw her in as my 5th person to level. With her limit break she keeps you fully healed and clean of status ailments about every 3 battles. And she's good right out the summon gate for it. She has enough bulk with average leftover equipment and solid spirit for heals if you need to outside her limit break. Now i know the way im using her is super niche but im really liking her for it. I have refia already for other content. At least this way i am still not "wasting" the exp on a max level unit and i don't have to be bothered to heal status or hp during my 20 minute exploration runs

Goddess Nyx likes this.