1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Warrior of Light [Final Fantasy 1]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren #1 Marie Fan! Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    The one who started it all, the first hero we ever who ever came in existence the one who helped build what FF is today! That's right, we're talking about the legendary hero Warrior of Light. As usual, sit back and relax as I go over WoL and how he effects the current GL meta, leave any questions & comments in the thread. :]

[​IMG]
    Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    4* 727 / 2087 (240) 30 / 92 (40) 25 / 77 (16) 24 / 73 (16) 25 / 75 (16) 24 / 74 (16) 3 3
    5* 945 / 2713 (300) 39 / 119 (50) 33 / 100 (20) 31 / 95 (20) 32 / 97 (20) 32 / 96 (20) 4 3

Warrior of Light is set to drop on 8/5/2016.

Magic Levels at 5*: White Magic Level 5
    Weaknesses: None | Resistances: +50% resistance to Holy attacks.
    Trust Mastery Award: Blessed Light (Ability): +20% MAG/ATK & Regen auto buff.
    Limit Break: 260% AoE Physical Attack > 350% AoE Physical Attack

Abilities Learned at Each Level
    4*: Accumulate (1), +30% DEF (4), Undead Killer (17), Life Breath (25), Bladeblitz (33), Sentinel (48)
    5*: +20% HP (56), Full Break (69), Shine Wave (78)

Pros: WoL like many units in other roles has a real strong start I mean his first few levels he's got a +30% in DEF boost already? That's pretty insane early on, and without zero to no effort. He also gets Sentinel fairly early on to in his minimum of 4* he can learn it that fast? That's a good + for WoL as you don't have to wait til you raise him all the way for him to be a proper tank. He also has Full Break which shoots him up in the want list as he's a tank with the ability to use FB. I want you to let that sink in for a bit as this is easily something that's gonna make WoL amazing to use in hard content battles easily maybe depending on your team you can use him over Vaan who's the only unit we got right now who can do FB. WoL while looking like a tank he can at least deal damage on the board as he has a few attacking skills in Bladeblitz, and FB this allows his Undead Killer ability to not feel wasted and it can work it's magic there.

Cons: His move 'Life Breath' is a self heal, while this isn't a super bad thing as he can still qualify as a tank who can support himself the fact that it's a self heal means you would have to take a healer with you on the team which can limit some squad setups. Shine Wave might not be the best MAG based attack for him while it is powerful a high 210% Modifier he has nothing he can do to support it besides wearing a rod which would hinder his damage output in FB, and Bladeblitz it's one of those do you want him to deal damage on the magic side or physical side which it's never fun to try and limit and unit down to 1 role persay.

Trust Mastery Award: Blessed Light is nifty to have on some units preferably your DPS units and can come to be useful especially if you don't have anyone who doesn't have Brave, or Faith on your team. Do I recommend it as a immediate farm? I'd pass on it really. Don't get me wrong, Blessed Light is a good TMR but it's not something that will give you a undoubted niche like many other TMRs that exist in the game right now. Having this TMR would be cool, but not something you wanna spend weeks to grind for.

Comparing to Other Units:
    Cecil: These two are awfully alike, and I do mean AWFULLY ALIKE. Let me give you a list. Both have Holy resistance, both have Sentinel, and both have slayer effects. So, who's better between them in stats, and everything else? Well, Cecil has higher base stats in the roles he's needed to do he has 2800 HP, and 109 DEF while WoL is slightly below this. However, thanks to the fact that WoL has higher stat buffs than Cecil at 5* his stats is higher than Cecil cause of this making him slightly more tankier cause of his stat buffs on level up. Cecil provides a bit more support to the team than WoL does. He has Cura, Protect, and Shell which helps him, and others easily. On the other hand, WoL has Full Break which is the most sought after offensive move in the game for it's overwhelming niche it has on hard based content also WoL can put damage on the board as Cecil cannot as he has no offensive abilities. My recommendation between these two is if you want a unit that does support while dealing damage to enemies than go WoL, if you want full support than go Cecil. Cause both of them (and I cannot believe I am saying this) are pretty even.

Vaan: Everyone knows why Vaan has been one of the most recommended for trials cause of Full Break. But, now we have WoL who's more tankier than Vaan cause of higher base stats, and +30% DEF buff opposed to Vaan's 20%, he also has more heavier equipment options which yield more DEF more him. I won't take away from Vaan's Focus which is great for him to have on any mixed teams, but if you're running pure melee WoL would be better. Cause unlike Vaan, he can put damage on the board from abilities like bladeblitz it may be one move but it's good enough for now content. Vaan can be made into a baby tank as I have done a build for him before. But, WoL is a true tank and has Sentinel meaning he can actually protect teammates. Vaan can't protect anyone he can help debuff, and boost MAG/SPR w Focus, but that's it.

Conclusion: Yes, when WoL drops to Global, pull for him. He's good be a real strong tank when he drops in the game since he has FB, he can fill so many roles alone just by this and him having Sentinel will be your saving grace trust me haha.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Arngrym, Yuffie, JChunks and 9 others like this.
  2. Goguma

Goguma Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    Cool you are doing unit review even before they are release! This is awesome as it helps decide what i wanna pull :) Just curious.. he's rated pretty decent but not must have in several of the JP ranking list because he hasn't gotten a 6* yet is it?

3. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    He has not.

4. Valmanway

Valmanway Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning / Luneth / Noctis / D. Fina
    Thanks for that awesome advance review with WoL.

5. DanT

DanT That deaf, dumb and blind kid... VIP Supporter

Just a small update. WoL and Garland are getting 6* forms this week in JP.

6. Shodan

Shodan Active Member

I will not be happy with this character unless its a warrior, a white mage, a thief, a black mage and a red mage all standing on each others shoulders...in 8-bit artwork.

7. Vash426

Vash426 VIP VIP Supporter

Thank you for the reviews. Very informative and useful... as well as troubling. Now cuz of this I have two tanks I want to gun for lol. Cecil for my normal balanced group and WOL for my Physical damage group for extra awesome damage output. Keep up the good work.

Plus he just looks really awesome and you are right he started it all which is more a reason to want him. Thanks again.

Jet Stingren likes this.
  8. Mother

Mother Member

defiantly gonna draw him.

9. Last

Last Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Noctis
    9x
    Now gotta save for a new unit then :v

10. Odinswill

Odinswill Member

I donno if I CAN agree with That assessement to Vaan...For exemple I have Kefka and CoD in my team. The Magic Buff is huge in big fights.
    I think he is good in a pure physical team, but when players have "mixed" team, Im not sure.
    Maybe Im wrong, but I feel for my team hes not That much of an upgrade ?
    Mind you, I have Firion, not same roles, but maybe an upgrade on him?

11. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    His review is clearly written, Vaan is good for mixed team because of Focus. But if you were running a pure melee team, WoL is better.

Jet Stingren likes this.
  12. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Sorry to ask this but what is the figure inside the () in the Stat?

I'll definitely spend all my ticket on him and Lenna.

13. Jet Stingren

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Pot Caps future implemented thing to come to Global.

14. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    Not quite understand lol

Meaning his possible 6 star stat?

15. Kandacat

Kandacat Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    754 479 837
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I already have Cecil at 5* and his Sentinel doing fantastic, i kinda like WoL full break and i want him, but is it make team cloggy if the team have 2 tank? Because my main damage output is from Kefka, Kain and Krile

16. rexksvii

rexksvii Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kefka
    I think you should pulled for physical damage than a tank or a mage. Lenna would be useful for your team.

17. Kandacat

Kandacat Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    754 479 837
    Leads:
    Noctis
    I've been thinking that too, i feel im lacking on physical damage that's why... maybe just maybe WoL can fill that role for my team. Lenna? That is quite strong statement you got there good sir lol xD

18. Vash426

Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to WoL. I been saving my summon tickets and lapis just for him. I also look forward to the others on the banner but he is my main goal.

Jet Stingren likes this.
  19. Vash426

Only down side to rolling for WoL is that he is like Chizuru. He is a 4* and 5* only. So odds of getting him as a 4* is slim. Only way I got Chizuru was with a lot of rerolls. So unfortunately unless you are extremely lucky odds of getting WoL on pre-existing accounts is slim.

20. RyedeR

RyedeR Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Vaan, Kefka, Cecil, Artemios, Chizuru
    Getting WoL seems really good. In my current team tho, I think I don't have place for it. Still, it's a good thing to pull and keep for future use.