1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Unit Overview: Xiao [Final Fantasy BE]

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Jet Stingren, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    The fighter, with a explosive power! That's right, we're talking about Xiao we're gonna be looking at what she can do for the meta. As usual, leave comments, and discuss the unit here. And enjoy the review.

[​IMG]

Rarity Level HP MP ATK DEF MAG SPR DC Hits
    3* 538 / 1629 (210) 20 / 62 (25) 20 / 60 (10) 19 / 58 (10) 17 / 51 (10) 17 / 51 (10) 2 3
    4* 699 / 2118 (270) 27 / 81 (35) 26 / 78 (14) 25 / 75 (14) 22 / 66 (14) 22 / 66 (14) 3 3
    5* 908 / 2753 (360) 35 / 105 (40) 33 / 101 (16) 32 / 98 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 28 / 86 (16) 4 3

Magic Levels at 5*: None
    Resistances: None | Weaknesses: None
    Trust Mastery Award: Kaiser Knuckle (Weapon): +101 ATK, Wind element added to attacks.
    Limit Break: 270% ST Physical Attack > 365% ST Physical Attack

Abilities Learned at Each Level:
    3*: Fight, Explosive Fist, Power Break
    4*: Armor Break, Kick, +20% ATK
    5*: Counter, Chakra, Last Stand

Pros: Xiao is well.. good across the board tbh. She has nothing but useful abilities learned from level up alone. She has DEF ignore attacks, AoE, and access to both breaks which is extremely useful in any content, She even has niche abilities like Counter & Last Stand to help her in a pinch. But, the best one undoubtedly is her Fight ability. If Xiao has nothing equipped she gets a auto +50% boost in ATK so her 101 attack at max & 5* is pretty much doubled to 202 which is high, and not to many units can hit 200 in stats even with equips.She even gets a extra +20% ATK as well, yeah. Xiao definitely looks like a nuker type unit if I ever seen one in FFBE. Which is great for her.

Cons: Well, Xiao is hard to set up with decent armor, and support items due to her extremely limited pool of options. If you don't know she can only equip Hats, Robes, and Rings that's it. No shields, armor, or anything else so she may end up on the squishy side for now as there isn't anything that super great that's for robes, for rings there's always the Hero Ring and stuff like that. This is well my only bad thing to say about her really.

Trust Mastery Award: For Xiao's case of using these Knuckles it wouldn't be as effective cause she would lose the +50% boost in ATK which is great for her DPS. However, these Knuckles are very great for units can use them 101 ATK is very powerful, with Xiao she would only be 151 as opposed to much higher w Fight + 20% ATK boost being active so I would grab these more so for someone else but they are still great to get.

Comparing to Other Units: Of course, any unit (Vaan) beats her cause of FB alone Xiao would need two turns to put both the debuffs up while he would need one haha. Leo another unit also beats her in the versatility field. He has a few more a DEF passive, Blade Bash for stun chance, and also has both breaks. However, Xiao beats him cause of her massive 70% boost in ATK on start after she's fully raised.

Conclusion: Yes, get Xiao. She's a good unit. She has the debuffs needed to power through current content, she also has a massive ATK boost meaning she can deal extremely high amounts of damage without having anything on.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Jongiks, Rinny and Cal like this.
  2. Rinny

Rinny Tetragrammaton Staff Member Administrator

Global ID:
    470 787 050
    Leads:
    Ariana/Lightning
    Saw this during my break at work, was really considering leveling her at some point cause I wanna max every unit in the game atleast once but this guide inspired my thanks jet!

[​IMG]

Jmac likes this.
  3. Shodan

Shodan Active Member

There does seem to be a line of armors that work for her and supply +atk as well. The power/hyper wrists, the black belt gi, tiger mask etc. My 80th level Xiao has a 208 atk(unarmed) but does not yet have the gi keiser or hero ring. and this is only at the end of the second island. Shes definately my most damaging unit right now (I have maxed rain/laswell/Fina/ and I'm leveling Cerius but hoping to get a better dpser draw soon.

4. Tealot

Tealot New Member

Erm, just checking your math here. If her base attack is 101, and the Fight ability gives her a 50% increase, wouldn't that actually make her attack come out to 151.5?

It would be 202 if it was a 100% increase.

5. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Wings of Freedom | Freedom For Us. Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    Oh, you're right about that. I'm sorry, edited.

6. Gatsu

Gatsu Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DKC dw barrage
    So I leveled my Xaio this week, unarmed, tiger mask, black belt gi, 2x hyper wrist. With a lvl 22 Ifrit 2* she is sitting at 269 atk. For not having to use a weapon her, that's pretty damned good for current content. Also 2700 + hp, 169 Def, an AOE, a single target Def ignoring attack, power/armor break, counter, and last Stand.

For someone like me who's been lacking a full breaker for support and no strong tanks she's been a godsend

damevi likes this.
  7. damevi

damevi Guest

Hey man, I have the exact same build and I totally agree. Xiao's Raging Fist with Kefka's Hyperdrive just wins boss fights alone. Her AoE is very strong too for clearing normal mobs and the mana cost is laughably low. I've also just got WoL's Full Break unlocked so the boss fights are even easier. I like her a lot and in my opinion, visually she has one of the best 5* auras hahaha

8. Zissoulander

Zissoulander VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seven, Chiz, CoD
    I'm so happy I realized that my 3* Xiao has all the breaks I need. I'm lacking in both Vaan and WoL so she's mighty helpful. Pretty cool that she doesn't need a weapon, either.

9. Akari

Akari Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Lightning JP: Lunera
    You can teach her Mental Break as well for added versatility. I haven't bothered to level up my Vaan since I got him 3 days ago and I beat Intangir just fine without Focus. Honestly, she's criminally underrated as a physical attacker. Her Chakra allows her to spam whatever she wants with reckless abandon in explorations.

I painfully rerolled about 80 times (worth it!) to pull her since I love her character design and toolset.

10. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    I was wondering... How does dual wield work on Xiao? I mean, since she doesn't use any weapon due her unarmed ATK bonus... Sorry if it is a fool question ::hiya::

11. Gatsu

Gatsu Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DKC dw barrage
    Dual wield just allows you to equip an extra weapon, since Xaio gets her atk from an ability (Fight) rather than a weapon, putting dual wield on her will do nothing for her. Unless you had 2 kaiser knuckles to give her in which case you'd benefit more than her passive atk boost.

12. Zissoulander

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seven, Chiz, CoD
    Yep! I have her with mental break. I didn't have issues with intangir, but I still can't beat the final coliseum frost dragon boss. RNG keeps screwing me.

13. Valen

Valen Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Waifu
    Yeah I can see that, but what about the additional hit by dual wield?

14. Zissoulander

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seven, Chiz, CoD
    I'm Trust grinding Luna x4 to get barrage. Adding barrage to Xiao will be hilariously fun with her massive attack.

Akari likes this.
  15. Akari

Akari Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Lightning JP: Lunera
    I'm doing same exact thing. it's going to be delicious watching everything melt especially since she has zero concerns for mp.

Zissoulander likes this.
  16. NovaRailgun

NovaRailgun New Member

Really late to this thread, as I just stumbled across it, but wow there are a couple big mistakes in that opening post. First of all, Xiao would not be at 202 ATK with nothing equipped. She only get 50% ATK from Brawl plus an extra 20% ATK for a total of 70% ATK. This would bring her up to 171, not 202.
    Secondly, her Trust Mastery Award gives +101 ATK, so she would be at 202 ATK, not 151 ATK. Add in the 20% ATK bonus, and with the Kaiser Knuckles she's at 222 ATK. 222 ATK is much better than 171 ATK, so she's definitely more effective with the Kaiser Knuckles than unarmed.

damevi likes this.
  17. Fia Valen

Fia Valen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    140 012 211
    Leads:
    Charlotte, Lightning, Lenna
    I've never taken into thought about Xiao, but I might just have to now. I'm going to have fun trying to get Barrage and farm rings just for a delicious unmitigated damaging monk girl.
    Although, I do have Lightning, Chizuru, Lenna, Kefka, and Agrias...But..One more attacker won't hurt.

18. Shodan

Shodan Active Member

I've had Xiao for a while, and shes great up to 5* content, but she starts to flounder in current end area conditions. In my case i still use her cause I dont have a lightning or Chirzo yet, but unless she gets a 6* major upgrade, i think shes going to be left in the dust soon.