1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

What's My Team Missing?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by aswain, Jan 11, 2017.

1. aswain

aswain Member

So I finally pulled Refia the other day, trained her to 5* level 80 and replaced my Santa Roselia. I feel like my team is solid with the exception of Krile. I would like to replace her but I’m not sure what type of unit is ideal.

My current team is: WoL / Noctis / Refia / Exdeath / Krile – all 5* level 80

Someone told me to use CoD but I’m not really sure if that’s the right move. I have her but not ready to train her.

Other notable units:

5* - Snow

4*: CoD / Rydia / Kuja / Terra / Bartz / Vaan / Golbez / Gilbert / Kefka / Tellah / Garnet / Hope / Arc / Faris / Mercedes

3*: Garland / Cecil / Cerius / Medius / Leo / Celes / Lenna / Charlotte

If everyone listed above sucks or would not fit, who should I look out for when pulling?

Thanks!

2. Chase

Chase Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning
    Krile has no real place there since you have exdeath and refia. I would replace her with COD or Mercedes. Mainly COD. Swapwap WOL with Cecil since you have the breaks with noctis until WOL gets his 6* Not needed but could help a bunch =) But focus on getting them to 6* with this upcoming farm event =)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    aswain and Farron like this.
  3. Caliber

Caliber Active Member

Cod or Mercedes for krile

4. Farron

Farron Member Supporter

Global ID:
    083 439 625
    Leads:
    Exdeath Luneth
    This. COD is incredibly helpful with her support kit and can help out with physical DPS (her enhanced man-eater is brutal in arena and helps out a ton with human bosses *cough* Gilgamesh trial *cough*). With Cecil and COD, you have a solid team for future trials.

aswain and Chase like this.
  5. aswain

aswain Member

Thanks!

6. Vash426

Vash426 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep. CoD is still one of my favorite units. She is a tank in her own right with her resistances alone. She is the go to for events as well because most bosses in events tend to be humans. Thing you got to remember is a lot of the events we go through are memories.... memories of humans with whom we can when the event drops potentially pull for or units that have been out for a while. Golbez, Gilgamesh, and Dark Fina are just a few of the human bosses we faced and we will most likely face many more. She can do insane damage to humans if geared out right. She has a natural 50% human killer and then gets human killer plus which adds another 75% to that. Now you can add Thorned mace and Diabolos to that as well for a total of a 225% increase in damage to human enemies which is awesome. Plus her Comeback aoe ensuna is awesome and saved my team a few times in the Dark Fina fight in this current event as well, not to mention how much Omni-viel has helped me in the past. CoD is a great support and rather strong unit damage wise when equipped out right and her survivability is really great too.
    Beyond CoD I highly recommend leveling Cecil as he is a great tank and very useful. More so than WoL at this point. I have used him as my main heals at times when I want to go pure dps with 4 attackers and use him as a healer when I don't have to really worry about status effects. Besides with CoD on my team healing status if its an issue its fun running a 4 dps team at times when you can just nuke everything. But I would get Cecil on my team for his focus for your ExDeath and get CoD on there for her support and barrage.

aswain likes this.
  7. Sariel

Sariel New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lightning usually
    Just a thought, if you build up arc to get his dualcast, since it looks like you're not building 6*s for now, he might outpace exdeath, or you can use both for some nice chains.
    Aside from that, yeah, COD is nice, and cecil is as well, so both would be good choices, especially once you collect some 6*mats.

aswain likes this.
  8. aswain

aswain Member

Awesome, thank you guys. I will continue to build CoD even though I hate her sprite :P

9. Khidir

Khidir Member

COD,Bartz, Mercedes

Charlotte 5* doesn't beat Cecil for tanking but her patriot shield means you don't have to gimp your party slots with other null items vs a stat heavy boss . It's an option since you don't have tilith/luka.

Of course COD has aoe esuna also but no damage mitigation abilities still you are likely to get more mileage out of COD for the reasons stated above.

Max out Bartz, his entrust and lifegiver are not to underestimated especially since you have Noctis. Cover is ok but really doesn't do much for mp consumption and simply interferes with Noctis's own DPS I really use cover for the Regen to help the aoe damage. This is more relevant to you as he is most likely your strongest DPS

This will also help cut down on those elixirs, mega ethers,etc.

Edit: forgot also high tide + entrust means Armiger spam which will greatly help your party's performance.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    aswain likes this.