1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Which one of these would you level next/why?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Sparkle, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Sparkle

Sparkle Well-Known Member

Currently max:

image.jpg

Currently being leveled:

image.jpg

Which one of the below units would you add to the leveling team as its fifth unit? Why?

image.jpg

Looking forward to your inspiration!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. TLA

TLA Active Member

Leads:
    Lightning, Luneth, Elza, Noctis
    In order of priority:

Noct (Warp Break at 6* 100)
    Santa Roselia (Your only decent healer it seems)
    Dark Fina (Magic damage source)
    Add WoL replace Harp Boy for a tank (though you do need a proper buffer for Cheer/Focus)

3. Grizzly1911

Grizzly1911 Active Member Supporter

Global ID:

second this

4. Abudaman

Abudaman Well-Known Member Supporter

Thirded!

5. Magoya

Magoya Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    Fourth that.

And after you're done with those units, you can get Firion and Rain ready for their 6* if you want.

6. Arwen

Arwen Member

If the question is just which unit to add - I may go out of the box and say Rain. He's a faster unit to level and he should be getting pretty decent 6* upgrade really really soon... and come on, he's the main chara - gotta give him some love! xD

Sparkle likes this.
  7. Karn

Karn Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Exdeath
    I'm leveling Cerius right now. Of the other units you are asking about, WoL, Firion, Rain, Mercedes, I don't feel like any of them have an ability or abilities that can't be brought to the table by some other unit today. That said, I have read that WoL, Firion, and Rain will get 6* at some point though I don't know how soon. I also don't know what new abilities they get either.

Sparkle likes this.
  8. Sparkle

@Arwen, Rain is who I was leaning toward. I'm tired of leaning on healers for AoE party buffing. (Right now, I have two accelerated LB units with entrust to cycle Armiger) The full-breaky thing Rain has will still be nice even though I have Thunder Flask, Physical Fall, Warp Break, Ravaging Blow, etc. Sometimes you just want the all-in-one or redindant break abilities in case of resists or your breaker being incapacitated, etc. I'm also a big time fan of counter abilities.

@Karn - Any 5* max units would definitely be just for 6 star prep. I think it goes Rain -> WoL -> Firion as far as releases go, so WoL and Firion would probably be getting too far ahead of myself. Mercedes...I just kind of want to like. I love my 6* Cerius. She's actually pretty versatile with Ramuh + 10 Star Quartz for the healing staff. If ya don't need healing, she'll gladly steal Fina's whip.

Arwen likes this.
  9. Karn

Karn Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis, Exdeath
    Oh you already have 6* Cerius? Then forget what I said and go for one of the others. Can't remember for sure but I thought I saw 6* Rain has a pretty high ranking.

I just hit 86 with Cerius. Leveling her for the Dark Fina ELT fight and for future niche use. For the heck of it, I have been messing around while leveling on Timber Train with her equipped with the new whip, loaded with mag and with Diablos. I've been using Diablos' darkside to AOE apply the whip's blind and silence and using Drain from Diablos to steal some health back. I'll switch her to heal and support for the Fina fight.

Arwen likes this.
  10. Sparkle

Diffrent account - twice+ the rank of this one.

11. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Wol as a tanker and breaker.

12. KWFFBE

KWFFBE Active Member

I would very heavily prioritise Santa Rosella simply because you haven't really got a decent healer and Noctis is close to max anyway and perfectly viable without his 100 skill.

After those two are done, I'd get WoL done as he's due for his 6* upgrade within the next two months or so. Then finally I would finished up Dark Fina so you can annoy everyone in the arena without Petrify protection with her distress ability.

13. Arwen

Arwen Member

@Sparkle I know what you mean, I don't have Cecil but I'm actually very happy with my Snow, he's not super powerful but his counters really help in the end! And yes more units capable of breaking will be handy in fights where bosses partially resist breaks.

@Karn I also want to level my Cerius, like you I enjoy those characters with special skills that aren't always needed but when they are they make you very happy to have invested in them!

14. Sparkle

Rest assured, I have healers and healer options. Also, all units listed in the "currently being leveled" section *were* being leveled, though Noctis has moved on from that team.

--------------------------------------------------------

@Arwen Snow is another unit I was happy to roll recently. Even when F2P, good stuff comes out of rare summoning faaater than I can keep up. I have 60+ max level characters, most of which are fully awoken because I love trying new things. 6* meta has really made it hard to keep up my habit just because the exp required to max them vs 4/5 star units is a quantum leap.

15. Arwen

Arwen Member

Yes, energy and materials - I still have a few but I'm starting to run low - currently have enough for Rain and any other unit with luck maybe 2 depending on the required materials not overlapping too much but a new event with unlimited 6* materials is most certainly welcome!
    If you can run this current event with ease I'll suggest you to farm XP from the pro stage - 190k xp for 10 nrg

16. Sparkle

I never even thought it would have so many fights available. I just ran a quick test to see how easy it would be to carry 4 units through w/Noctis leading and be sure I could beat Fina handily. (No point in 190k exp if I would lose to fina, right?)

My helper Elza had a dark element weapon equipped and it still went smoothly.

Now to bleed it dry for EXP.

Arwen likes this.
  17. Arwen

Arwen Member

Happy farming!

Sparkle likes this.
  18. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Member

Global ID:
    764 311 344
    Leads:
    480ExDeath, 530Chiz
    I am happy they are actually giving Rain some decent upgrades at 6*. This will make anyone have a decent breaker/buffer unit. Not sure when you stopped with Rain, but I'd be sure to have him at least close to 80, ~75ish maybe, for when he gets upgraded. According to the schedule, Firion should get 6* before WoL, so going by that, I'd say that's the order in which I'd add exp units. But I myself like WoL a bit better, and my team is lacking a full breaker, so i'm trying to get WoL first.

19. Sparkle

Great reply!

I had assumed it was WoL -> Firion. I'll make both, but now I won't get caught with a level 1 Firion when his awakening pops up, thinking I was safe because WoL hadn't hit yet.

I love that Rain means so many people won't have to rely on 5* units for FB anymore and healers will no longer live and die so much on whether or not they have Cheer and the likes.

My Rank 92 acct has him max level and next in line for pots. This account has him 1/3 through his 4 star awakening. He should be another great soldier in my army.

20. MPM1

MPM1 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis
    since your Noctis graduated, you need to fill 2 spots right? And among the choices you add Snow.

Me personally, would answer WoL, but that before you get Snow. If you're like me, who didn't unlock Siren's Water, raising Snow at least help you clear those 'use Water' missions. Other key here is as you noted, the schedule release of 6*, which would mean Rain first. So it's Snow and Rain?

wait... wait, if you run out of Gigantuar, because you still need to feed your DFina, and you have to run CoE or Maranda, drop Rain because he has no TM. Only raise him with cactuars, I say!