1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Why You Don't Need TMs in FFBE Global

Discussion in 'General' started by Jet Stingren, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jet Stingren

Jet Stingren Your Treasure Staff Member Head Moderator VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh
    So, this discussion has been bothering me for quite some time. It's the general discussion that some of you (when I say you, I mean everyone in general not just forums) have come to this conclusion that if you do not farm TMs then you cannot progress any further in the game with the newer trials, and events. I'm here to say why that's never the case to begin with.

Note: I am not telling anyone not to TM farm, if you choose to TM farm then feel free. I'm just gonna tell why it's not a necessity as many people have made it out to be.

I'm gonna tell you that you don't need TMs to beat anything in the game right now, not ever. The main thing that you need is a little strategic thought pattern as how the fights work. We fortunately in Global, can find out the bosses AI before it even comes to our servers unless it's a whole exclusive event where it's practically anybody guess as to what the boss AI will be.

All you really need is units, and mostly event items. While they are not as high as TMs they still act as passable items, and materia to make your units pass on. As the game grows older, units that once worked in certain areas lose their niche over newer units that have a higher niche. The only thing you can do is work with what you have. You don't have to have the best units in the game to beat anything. Just use what you must to win really. Even now as we are in the 6* meta just about you can still very well get away with clearing everything provided you have the right tools for the content ahead. You as the player, just have to make strives to keep yourself going.

In the end, you don't need to have any TMs to win against anything. I speak from experience from playing the JP version, I cleared mostly all the trials without a single unit who has a TM. It's harder yeah, but this is a Final Fantasy Game. There's supposed to be challenge. So, listen everyone. It's not a necessity to go for TMs if you don't have the patience to grind it out, or what not. Then don't, just make do with what you got.

rainfall, Gearate, Amiricle and 22 others like this.
  2. Jose

Jose Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    GL: MAH BOI CECIL JP: Bronion Knight
    Can i be OP without TMs? ::VIP::

UyScuuti, Htwo and JChunks like this.
  3. ptc

ptc Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    just get op unit..

Rabbitkun likes this.
  4. TuffHunter

TuffHunter Member Supporter

That signature makes it impossible to take this topic seriously...

5. Shahnaz

Shahnaz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I do agree, but just like in all those Final Fantasy games, theres nothing forcing you to grind until lvl 99 and gather all the legendary weapons. You can finish every games with average levels and average gear.

But we do, because we love being OP. We love annihilating Sephiroth in one turn, we love seeing these 9999 numbers. The game isn't just about finishing every trial and story mode; it's about doing it while looking badass as fuck.

Unosnow, HumbleSage, Joker and 9 others like this.
  6. Rinny

Rinny γγƒŽδΈ€ Forum Manager VIP Supporter

Yea well I got barrage ::whale::::whale::::whale::

what you whales gonna do to a Rinny?

::sarcasm::

I wish I had some to feel cool with a stronger unit but that's the only real motivation for me lol.

Ross ba, HumbleSage and xTeKt0n1c like this.
  7. JChunks

JChunks Lightning strikes everytime she moves VIP Supporter

Leads:
    GL: Ask Akari JP: Yriadil Got it
    Thx jet, based on this I will continue to not farm TMs on my global acct ::up::

8. Asf

Asf Dead ace VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Until the ultimate machine god aigaion decend to earth and grace us with his overpowering brute force... yeah...

9. Kleave

Kleave Member

Leads:
    Lightning
    I TMR farm for 2 reasons

1. To help people who don't want to/can't TMR farm
    2. To be able to gear sub top tier units that I love from playing other FF/squaresoft/enix/squenix games, so they can show their stuff.

But I do agree with you Jet, it isn't completely needed. You all post amazing guides here and the discussions are done really well as well to help people figure out what their options are with the units they have. Props to everyone who contributes!

10. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    Get an OP friend. :D

Jose likes this.
  11. ptc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    anyway i like hokkien chicken rice... and bakkuteh..

12. PureS

PureS Well-Known Member

Because after 2 months , you will have atleast 1 maxxed team with full equipment --> nothing to do --> get bored --> quit --> that is why they creat TM system

Viride and Arinoch like this.
  13. Akroma

Akroma Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Firion
    That's why i quit spending in games and the good thing here on ffbe, you can finish almost every content without grinding yourself for tmr. Tho i got my self my first ever tmr last night(ribbon) from collecting trust moogles. Made me think, wow! its really possible to have these stuffs even for a busy people. My next one will be doublehand tmr for my garland and that would be for another 3-4 months of collecting moogles LOL

14. Do Tu Nguyen

Do Tu Nguyen Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    One question: Do the developers of this game have this idea in mind when they create events and trials?

15. Jvalz

Jvalz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeu or Luneth
    I think yes, except for the Maxwell fight. It was really hard to pass the Maxwell fight if we didn't have some good unit/friend unit that quite OP with TM items.

But every other battle, including Gilgamesh ELT, could be passed by good strategy and balanced team.

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  16. David M Pollard

David M Pollard Well-Known Member Supporter

My 2 cents on this matter goes with this game and many others. if I cheat or get to powerful in a game I never beat it. I lose interest because it becomes to easy. Hard battles that come on the razor edge of death and victory get my heart pumping. though that is just my opinion and I can't speak for what everyone else enjoys. Do what makes you happy, play how you like :)

17. Almea

Almea The Old One VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Noctis, Elza
    If you have patience, you can get TM's without farming via trust moogles. I currently have no TM's (except for Rizer's HP materia) although I am 1 trust moogle away from dualcast.

Artery likes this.
  18. ptc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lighting
    i collecting mongle too..... ::VIP::

19. Xshock

Xshock Active Member

Poor vincent , i don't have any tm in my team and the highest tm stat of my unit was 22% , don't know when i could get one. It still a game and you will find a way to finish it. Different ppl with different ways.

Sir Vincent likes this.
  20. winova

winova Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh/Chizuru
    Really? I thought that everyone understand that TMs & 5* units are luxuries, and we know the definition of luxuries: desirable but inessential.
    I must say that we have it easier than the japanese, we know which units will be good months before the banner come out; we can guess what the next banner/event will be; we know the strategy beat the next trial/event, and the one after that, etc. And we also have this forum and the reddit community, with tons of guides and people trying to help.
    So yeah, we dont need TMs for completing to game/beat the latest content/win the arena, etc. We only need TMs to make things easier, to satisfy our ego, or that we have already finished the current content and have nothing else to do.

We get 1-2 moogle from the bi-weekly event, 1 from monthly log-in, 1-2 from monthly arena; so you will get your TM in 2-3 month.
    I have always love the challenges; play Legacy of the Void, XCom, Civilization, etc. at the highest difficulty, being screwed over and over again by the AI (that legendary ironman xcom though, i have to wonder when did I become such a machosist). But, I dont question on people way of life and believe, everyone have his/her own way to play, to enjoy the game.

Sparkle likes this.