1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Why You Don't Need TMs in FFBE Global

Discussion in 'General' started by Jet Stingren, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Calvin

Calvin Active Member

I think Trust Masteries will play a significant role if you are a f2p player that is struggling and unlucky as hell with pulling decent units, like myself, specifically 5* base units. If you do have 5* base unit, I'm sure you can survive without TMs. It actually make sense and IS mandatory to reroll for at at least one 5* if you don't want to worry about grinding for TMs. I've been playing since launch and relied only on my Bartz, CoD, and Exdeath for damage, with no healer with the exception of Cecil's Curaja(Working on Dualcast); I have yet to see any 5* base. I've received about 2-3 rainbows, but they turned out to be Duane, Gafgarion, and Terra. I'm getting close to getting my first dual wield and I think that'll be a huge boost in my damage department.

I'm also slowly losing faith in this game, I have done 128 pulls on the Gilgamesh Banner and managed to pull my first Cecil, 95% Faris TM, no Gilgamesh, and a dozen of Exdeaths. I also did about 60 pulls on the Noctis Banner, got nothing but Charlotte for days. Meanwhile my buddies that I persuaded to play a few months ago, and another one recently already have 2 5* base units... the salt is unreal in my veins haha. I'm managing okay though assuming a few of my whale friendlist doesn't delete me off, but I am definitely struggling with these events and trials. I haven't even beaten Antenora yet.

All in all, I'd say TMs will make a difference for those in my situation, relying on 3* and 4*. I just wish there was a reward system for veteran players that are consistent.

DaMadDog420 likes this.
  2. Skullkid

Skullkid Well-Known Member

dude that Antonella thing is no joke it took me forever but if you can manage it your cod will thank you and then you can slap dual wield on her with that thofn mace and pestal and youll be in business attacker wise

3. therayofhope

therayofhope Member

This is untrue, do you have any idea what ATK these guys will be without any TMR gears? Lightning Lunneth will be on roughly 400 ish and noctis 300 ish. Now think again if this will bring you through all trials?

4. DaMadDog420

DaMadDog420 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Well, 300ish is a bit low as my Noctis(no tmr) has a 428 atk. But i was being slightl

5. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Slightly facetious. I always hit that send button on accident lol. Though in the case of units like noctis, even at 428 atk he hits pretty hard, but its his array of moves thats important. 4 of them, depending on the enemy ofc, can do serious dmg.

6. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    This is also assuming a whale friend to help you through. Without that, and no tmrs? Yeah, probably be pretty hard. But once again, depends on the boss and his weaknesses and the unit in questions abilities. 4 400atk gillys using divider can do serious dmg as well.

7. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    I cant for the life of me beat Antenolla. I just tried using noctis,refia,cod,exdeath,wkn, and a friends gilly......and got my ass handed to me lol. Tmrs do make a big difference when it comes to things like this apparently.

8. therayofhope

therayofhope Member

Mine on 300ish as the key resources go to Lunneth x2 and Gilga x1, so the gears on Noctis right now is just on par - with gears you can just buy from shops.

DaMadDog420 likes this.
  9. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Ahhh, yeah Noctis is my only top notch dps unit (unless you count cod or chiz, but without tmrs they arent that powerful), so he gets my best gear. It will be awhile before he gets strongers as i still have no zidanes. So now im focusing on my refia who will have dualcast and magi staff in about 2 weeks. Id love to put dualwield on her too and have her use 2 magi staffs, but that will be a long time in the future if ever lol.

10. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Correction, just beat him with a friends 700 atk gilly :) Thank you Maverick lol.

11. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Decided I'd check out how hard Antonella would be with a TMR-less team with no 5-star bases. Closest I could come to a no TMR CoD was one with just dual wield. Fight took an hour, good strategy, and one elixir. Check out those stats.

Attached Files:

12. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Damn, thats a long fight. I just did it with no tmr, but used one 5* base(noctis, also used refia,cecil,wol,cod) and friends 700 atk gilly with tmrs. Took about 3-4 minutes lol.

Sparkle likes this.
  13. Sparkle

Sparkle Ascended Member

Just showing ppl that they need less than they've been told.

I cleared it a long time ago at blazing speed w/no TMRs on my units, but I had a loaded (I think Gilga) friend my whole team was basically support for.

DaMadDog420 likes this.
  14. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Oops, not cod i meant exdeath:)

15. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Yeah, i just spammed dual meteor from exdeath and divider from gilly, other members breking/healing

16. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Mine? About 796 atk with Diablos?

17. DaMadDog420

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Noctis,White Knight Noel
    Ahhh, no its Mavrick with no e, 708 gilly. Though id gladly use yours too lol

18. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Something is up with my acct. Freed up some room and it's not allowing new requests to be sent/ accepted. Started today before work. Very weird.

19. DarkCobra

DarkCobra Well-Known Member Supporter

If you have room can you add me. 925,626,487.

DaMadDog420 likes this.
  20. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Ya I'll try. I didn't have time to look at it further as I had to head out the door. Didn't make sense as I had a few spots and multiple times tried to add various higher end noctis units, but the game never gave me the option. Maybe it was a delay and my friends list actually filled up but it didn't refresh to show me? I did have a few pending requests out there so that's my only guess atm. We'll see.