1. Looking for an easy collection of all unit reviews done on our forum, on one page?
    Check out the forums Unitdex!
  2. Looking for a quick reference to all the guides and tips that have been posted throughout the forum? Check through the guide index Here.
    If you can't find what you're looking for, use search or make a thread to ask!
  3. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Will I ever be able to get Snow's Materia / Weapon again?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Cherub, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Cherub

Cherub Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    I just drew Snow 4* out of Dark Fina banner.

I would love to use him as I love him in ff13...
    But his exclusive stuff that would ultimately max him out and make him viable vs 6* Cecil aren't available anymore...

Will there ever be an opportunity to get this stuff again or should I just not even bother? :/

More specifically:
    Winged Saint (have recipe but not the event exclusive ingredients now....)
    Here We Go Materia

(I guess a broader question would be: Will ANY past event stuff be obtainable again? By comparing to JP version perhaps...)

2. IMBacon

IMBacon Member

Global ID:
    Normally, the event exclusive gear doesn't come back ever again - although I've only been playing for about 2 months and others who have played longer may have a better answer than mine.

I know how you feel... I got Black Cat Lid and Dracula Lasswell during the Halloween Event but wasn't able to get their event exclusive materia (e.g., Chilling Aura & Spooky Aura).

3. architect

architect Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't play the JP version, but as much as I know, I think 99% of the event done won't come back twice. That's why they call it limited.

But there's this occurrence in GL, once they already put an event called Lands of Plenty, then a couple of month later they put this event again with an upgrade recipe for a new item. Even so, I doubt this kind of things will happen again with the FF series event already released.

4. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    That is what I assumed but just wanted to hold out for some glimmer of hope lmao...

Well I guess theres no point in me trying to run Snow instead of Cecil :(

5. architect

architect Well-Known Member Supporter

Sadly, Yes. But if you want to have fun with your units, be my guest :)
    I once tried to level up my team of shadow, sabin, bedile just to have fun,haha :D

6. Ian

Ian Active Member Supporter

It is a one time event and i think event materia, skills, weapons and armors can only be obtained during the event.

7. Tryma

Tryma Member

Ever since I got Snow, I've used him. I don't have a Cecil but even if I did, I would still use Snow. Just a preference. Until a tank comes out that I like better, I will make my Snow the best he can be in this game. I do however wish I could have gotten Here We Go Materia, but at the time of the event I was just too low of a level to get those event items.

8. Doma

Doma Well-Known Member Supporter

I wouldn't lose sleep over the materia, it wasn't very good.

9. jeremyj26

jeremyj26 Well-Known Member Supporter

This is why I got the event specific materias and weapons. The good thing is, there is better equipment for him anyway.

10. Ultimatheory

Ultimatheory Member

Global ID:
    Winged Saint is arguably the only item worth it on him for tanking as far as exclusive items go but you can farm out Kaiser Knuckles and equip Thorned Mace for better damage. He's my favorite tank over Cecil because of his crazy high HP and the fact that Cecil is redundant with a good healer on your team (only his LB would be worth it). Plus he gets 100% Draw Attacks with Provoke which takes the RNG factor out of a lot of battles (take that Horror Boxes' Death and DF's Dark Prisms!). I have the exclusive materia and will be dropping them as soon as I get HP+30% materia on him. I was debating farming out some Champion's Belts but will probably drop those for Elle's TM's.

11. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    I saw he has "Brawl" skill for 50% ATK increase if unarmed. Would it just be better to not equip him with a weapon at all?

I am seriously considering replacing Cecil with him since I have Refia and Agrias and I'm saving all lapis and tickets for Tilith.

12. Caliber

Caliber Active Member

This is why you always obtain all exclusive items, you do not know who you will draw in the future

13. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Fina
    Ehh. Eventually there will be better equips anyways due to the game's powercreep.

But on the other hand, by that time, a better tank unit will come around regardless.

If it was Lightning maybe it would have been a bigger deal but others have convinced me its not as big of an issue as I thought.

14. ILSATS

ILSATS Member

Don't worry. I've played Brave Frontier for years. All of the event exclusives stuff will come back at some points. Could be months, or a whole year. Alim is not that good at creating entirely new contents, and they'll reuse events and assets sooner or later.

15. Wreckd

Wreckd Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dark Knight Cecil
    Hmmm, don't think you'll ever get that back unless they re-do the event. Havn't had a recurring exlusive event as of yet. But who knows.

Also, Snow, is by definition a "Counter" tank, He doesn't offer much to the team compared to dedicated tank since he doesn't have Cover/Sentinel. He's good, but I'd probably take Cecil/Wol over this guy anyday due to their ability to take hits intended for your other party members automatically. However in saying that, he's awesome as an LB building machine due to his 60% counter rate (with an eye of an eye).

16. IDBGOD

IDBGOD Active Member

Neither one of those are bis for snow anyway so I wouldn't even worry about it. Winged Saint has situational use but if you're building him as an attacker/counter tank it's not even worth running on him anyway.

Here we go, while it might be the highest def and spr buff for snow (aside from lvl'ed up LB's), is just for him alone and in general a waist of a materia slot.

17. Ultimatheory

Ultimatheory Member

Global ID:
    Guessing you haven't put any ATK pots on him (why would you unless you're whaling), so you would get +69 attack from Brawler at Lvl 100. If your best weapon is Sonic Knuckles or Mythril Claws then it may be worth using Brawler as the Stat boost you get from not equipping the weapons will be higher than using them. However, you'll lose the defense from being able to equip a shield. That's up to you if you think it's worth it, but personally I would like my Snow to prioritize tanking first, damage second until I have enough TMR's to justify the damage increase. If you beat Antenolla already and are not using CoD, then just equip him with Thorned Mace for maximum damage.

18. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    No. You can't.
    Winged Saint is not Snow exclusive weapon, it's still one of the best weapon for tank in JP.

It's widely used by WOL 6*.

Take this as a lesson, always try your best to get event exclusive.

P.S Snow materia is crap though.

Annunaki likes this.
  19. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Member

I have a Snow question, i just pulled him from daily 250 on my alt acct. i dont really havee a tank, as this was my first acct and i didnt really think about using extra units (3*<... yes i know ><), and i have been using lv80 gaffgarion as tank. Should i spnd the nrg to level and switch to Snow as main tank? Or keep gaff and hope for a cecil at some point?
    Or should i use snow as tank in place of Lassy? He's my lowest dps atm.

20. ILSATS

ILSATS Member

Don't know why the negative in here.
    There is no logical reason for Alim & Gumi to never do those events again. To punish and fuck up their playerbase who didn't play at that time ? No. They don't want that. And history has showed time and time again that they would reuse most of those events so both their new and old players have chances to get the important limited time stuff again.
    Of course, you should try your best to get those stuff when they're on. But even if you miss them, expect that they will return in the future.

Bruce Wayne likes this.