1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

100% super trust master moogle, what to pick?

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by ChaosDragon88, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ChaosDragon88

ChaosDragon88 Ascended Member

Hello guys, hope this is the right section.

I finally managed to get one 100% super trust master moogle, and i'm struggling to decide what unit to use it on.

I wanted to go for a defensive stmr since i still have to clear the new trials from the scorn of gilgamesh onward, and my supports and dps die too easily...

Among the following, which one do you think i should get?

Or should i not get any of them and wait to pull better 7* characters?

Beach girls (STMR of Summer fina and lid)

Noel Legacy (STMR of White knight noel)

Spring Basket (STMR of Sylvie)

Emperor's Ring (STMR of Emperor Shera)

Escutcheon (STMR of Ramza)

Please give me your opinion, thanks to all!
    : )

2. Nixilu

Nixilu Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Of that list, I only have Beach Girls. That is equipped on someone every time though. I use it on supports, tanks, and XWQL. It's currently on my SS Charlotte, but would be used on another unit when she is on the bench.
    Sacred Shield Charlotte (1).png

Seven likes this.
  3. Regalia

Regalia Professional (Robo-)Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    2B, Riku, KRain, MW Terra, Lunafreya
    Have this one, always in use. ALWAYS.

Have this one too, but it's not nearly as useful.

These are OK, but TBH, you really want more to focus more on HP than DEF/SPR. These are kinda backwards in that regard.

Beach Girls is good for elemental resists, though, and that's important for a bunch of trials.

This one actually looks really good. 40% HP plus some DEF% or SPR%, plus some fire resist? That HP is really nice.

Honestly though, I've used two of these moogles (one from the giveaway, one I earned the hard way), and I used both of them on offensive STMRs. First was Elena's STMR: 60% ATK/MAG and 50% A/M TDH is automatically BIS for any TDH unit, or any hybrid (regardless of TDH/TDW). Second was Riku's STMR: 70% unconditional ATK, 50% TDW, 50% Light resist, it's BIS for any ATK based TDW unit, and a strong contender for any ATK based non-TDW unit. I don't regret either one; Elena and Riku's STMRs are real gems, being so strong and widely useful.

Solid defensive gear is relatively easy to come by after a certain point (Rasler TMR, Crowe TMR, Leopold TMR, Beryl TMR, Genbu Ring, etc.) and is broadly applicable; high quality offensive gear tends to be locked to certain weapon types/fighting styles, meaning that only certain units can use them. Offensive STMRs (especially the materia) tend to break that trend.

Another thing to really consider is this: do you have any limited 7* units that you want the STMR from? Chances are really high that you'll never be able to get them any other way.

rtt and Seven like this.
  4. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I have the WKN and Ramza ones, and i also use those a lot. I think from the ones you mention emperor shera is the nicest one. Whichever you choose, you will use it a lot, they are nice SMTRs. (So that is not really saying anything, and no way to qualify them in my opinion)

But... i don't think they are exceptional, they just add a few percentages. If you have any go for things with high evade, high TDH/TDW, status immunity. In the end 1 STMR won't make that huge a difference, a few (or a lot) do. And those tickets are rare. So don't use 'm unless you are sure about it. And get one that looks shiny to you.

5. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yun, Regina, MWTerra, Rab
    I'm one Fid away ftom Beach Girls, but have all of the other STMRs mentioned. To be honest they are all in use, all the time. :D

If WKN is your M.Tank, his STMR actually opens up a valuable accessory slot. Otherwise it's a good stat bonus that works equally well for mages or magic tanks.

The shields are great, however Ziedrich gives you the HP and the DEF though it's a heavy shield; but the free Asfales gives select resists and HP and stats. So they are an upgrade but not game-breaking, and especially since you're halfway to both, I'd give this one the highest chance of falling in your lap.

Emperor's Ring is great for tanks, especially WKN, the free alternative is Genbu Ring. It gives you additional 20% HP as well as a bit bigger bonus to DEF or SPR but no bonus to the other stat. Fire Resist is always welcome.

I feel that in your situation I would pick WKN's or Emperor Shera's STMR. Especially if you use WKN, then his makes more sense.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  6. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

You know how this game works right? It's all about epeen. Go for atk stmr and show it on your companion unit!!

On serious note, i have them except emperor ring. The only one who constantly in use is ramza stmr. It is good for all unit except damage dealer
    Emperor ring is nice. But ramza's has wider unit and trials that it is good for

7. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    XWQL, Karten, A. Fry, Regina, O. Zyrus
    E. Ring. Got one and he is insane.

Skye likes this.
  8. ChaosDragon88

Thanls for the suggestions :)

I already have Elena STMR.
    I was thinking about Ravenhart too, but i am only 1 malphasie away to get it, so i think its not worth it to use a 100% trust moogle on her since i can Uoc the last copy if needed.

I don't have Riku nor any 7* limited unit apart from White knight noel.

One of you mentioned Evade builds. Maybe i could get Kaito STMR? I usually play with an evade tank (either WOD Galuf or Aloha Lasswell)

RaagisEd likes this.
  9. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    For evade build i love M. XON STMR.
    But Kaito ones is a great one

Scheich and Isaac like this.
  10. keoten

keoten "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GLS, KM, AK Rain, evade Galuf, SS Char
    I'd hate to see you use your STMR moogle on a 7* only to roll two more of that same character in a month at random.

Perhaps you have other options available to you - what other 5* base characters do you have that you might be able to Prism Moogle (either with UoCs or using Trust Coins)?

11. rtt

rtt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Have two and seriously considering Elena’s here. Technically I should be better off using this on limited time unit but I tend not to pull for those. Wish I had Riku’s though since super versatile and limited so would make my spending an easy decision but never pulled for him zz

12. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    KrainGodreaReginaCidLennaGalufSSC
    190s
    I don' think any of those are worth it. Shields are particularly the worst, since none of them are useful for every team, since you often need a shield to have a certain element or evade. U have Spring Basket myself and well as Charlotte's STMR shield and I don;t always use them, although somtimes i do. Most of the defense STMRs are not game changing; they just add about 25% more than a good STMR, so I would not recomend using it on Emporer's ring. Noel Legacy is really bad since it is not really good at one thing, and it is decent mostly unrelated things (and one of those things is magic, which is far less uselful than attack). so dont do that.

Personally, I think using STMRs for game changing attack or hybrid materias is the best way to use them, as these materias often times give you 100% more than a good STMR would give. The two great hybrid ones are the best, becuase they work on phsyical units, magic units, and hyrbrid units. I am thinking of Elena's STMR (I used my first STMR moogle on that and always use it and it is excellent) and Malphasie's STMR (I lucked into this and also use it all the time, and yin yan dual hand (I wish i had this...). THe other won I would drop a moogle on is Kaito's amazing STMR, as it would be really convenient.

13. Isaac

Isaac "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    KrainGodreaReginaCidLennaGalufSSC
    190s
    I used my moogle on elena months ago and used it all the time, and then when I got king rain, it never left his side either. And if I need to power upmy other decent units that have niche uses for killers or OTKO, like agent olive or Regina, I also use it for them. it is always useful. you will never regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheich and rtt like this.
  14. rtt

rtt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Thanks! Got a feeling I will pull a third copy soon though and will be using the uoc tix for sure in that event. I just need to set myself a timeline... ::rudecat1::

15. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Just got my First Elena. Uoced her prism and used the stmr tix just because Levin just needs it to have way More stats. And every other tdh Unit. Well worth it.

Isaac and iBuko like this.
  16. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    I did the same, for a. Fry. Then I pulled Xuan and that is another story.

Your Levi rocks man!

Scheich and Isaac like this.
  17. ChaosDragon88

The 5* I have with interesting STMR:
    Fryevia
    Mastermind Xon
    Demon Rain (i could 7 stars him with a prism in the coin shop, i'm close to 5k)

The rest has pretty underwhelming STMR...

Mayeb I could wait to pull a newish unit so i can directly pick up a UoC and the STMR for it?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions : )

18. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    M. Xon.
    Elena
    Malphasie.

These units are worth a 100%stmr moogle.

You mentioned about evade build. Xon has what you need.
    For TDH Elena is the lady
    For TDW Malph.

Up to you know.

However E. Ring is still a great stmr

19. ChaosDragon88

I already own Elena's STMR
    For Malphasie, I only need one more copy, so I can take it with a UoC, no need for the moogle

Now I have doubts between Kaito's and Xon's stmrs xD

20. iBuko

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    Ok. Tough choice.

Which units will benefit for it?
    I would say Xon.
    High atk, high tide, 30%evade, enables dw.
    You can bring it to IW for 250%high tide and more stats if you want.

EVERYONE can use it.

Scheich likes this.