1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

2 Randi 7* or STMR?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Vosler, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Vosler

Vosler Ascended Member

Leads:
    Randi, Esther, Sylvie, KM Unit
    So I went pretty hard on the SoM rerun banner since I didn't get Randi the first time around. I was able to pull 4 Flammie, 3 Randi and then used those special tickets to get Randi #4.

I'm pretty sure I will just get Flammie's STMR without much debate there, but I don't know if I should use 2 Randi's or just get his STMR. For other DPS I have 1 7* Esther, 1 7* Akstar, 1 7* Sephiroth, and 1 7* Raegan. I know Randi can chain with all of those and has a lot more elemental coverage.

What would you do or think I should do?

TIA

2. Acloudis

Acloudis Ascended Member

His STMR is real nice. His Tmr hinders his damage by a huge margin.

3. dazzky

dazzky Ascended Member

Leads:
    Regina
    Pick his STMR so you don't have to have his sword TMR to have the tmr ability which is a real plus.

Having 2 Randi is not the best thing since he chains with important chaining family.

Raelf and Regalia like this.
  4. Regalia

Regalia Designated Villain of the Month VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, Bart, 2B, KM units
    His STMR is super nice, especially for himself. Also, while two of the same DPS is ideal for chaining,
    A) Randi is flexible with his chains, and
    B) you want to pull the dupe from the guest list anyway.

5. Vosler

Vosler Ascended Member

Leads:
    Randi, Esther, Sylvie, KM Unit
    Aside from Fixed Dice, what would be a decent weapon to use on him other than his TMR? Should he use a 2-hander, dual wield, or single wield? I was able to run his sword through IW and got the rare on it with a couple of additional attack increases.

I don't have any STMR weapons yet.

6. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Randi and stmr is the way to go, navigate in forum to add me randi page lemme see if I can help lol
    Edit: here you go... https://brave-exvius.com/threads/randi-fans-reunite.48862/#post-1203460

7. dazzky

dazzky Ascended Member

Leads:
    Regina
    He is a TDH user, and since his TMR (which you gotta have for his tmr abulity) is one handed which pretty much sucks since you lose the huge 2 handed weapon modifier. So, the best for you (without taking into account any STMR weapon) would be to pick up his STMR -> you get his TMR ability -> You can freely chose what 2 handed weapon you wanna equip.

Since you don't have any STMR, the best I would think about is Squall TMR which is a 160atk (?) 2 handed long sword with no element (which is what you want with Randi since he can self imbue every element)

This is pretty much what makes his STMR on him BiS. You may lose some Stats with his passive ability giving him some % atk when single wielding a 1 handed weapon, but no big deal.

But if you can somehow manage to get him around 300-350% with a two handed sword (like squall's TMR), if would deal an insane amout of damage.

8. happysavage

happysavage Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Randi, Esther, Sylvie, Gladio, KM
    Do you have Soul Sabre from the Figaro Castle Exploration event a few months ago? It’s a 109 ATK 2-H Sword but what makes it really good is it’s get an excellent 1.5x average variance. It’s the best non-STMR weapon for Randi because of his sword passives and that variance. Also, if you need Randi friends I run one with Soul Sabre as my main friend and I’m always looking for more. Hit me up if you want. ID is to the left.

If you don’t have Soul Sabre your best bets in order from best to worst according to the builder are Sunbreaker(Ang), Lionheart(Squall), Fatal Knuckles(Amber), Buster Sword(Zack), Longinus(Scorn of the Lich trial), Onimaru+(Ellesperis), and Muramasa(Scorn of Gilgamesh). This can vary depending on what equipment/materias you have though.

According to your sig it looks like you have Esther and she can easily lightning chain with Randi. She can also chain water, earth and fire with him if you equip her with an elemental weapon or have an external imbue. So if you do have her it’s a no brainer to get the STMR, but if you don’t you can still easily chain with a friend Esther if you bring your own imbue for non-lightning fights or you can just bring a friend Randi instead.

9. Double

Double VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Not Paladin Cecil
    STMR! no doubt about it. He's Stmr makes him the best he can be, and will be good on any future unit when he gets outdated. You really don't need a dupe, he's so versatile that he can chain and match rotations with any of the new units.

10. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Esther
    Hmm, I was in the same predicament as you, and I fused all of my Randi’s to get his STMR. Even though I have his STMR, I’m kind of regretting not just holding out longer. Now that STMR moogles have been finally introduced, you have the option of acquiring both two Randi’s and his STMR. You just have to be patient and wait until you are able to accumulate 100 STMR exchange tickets. There are other units that can chain with Randi, but it’ll never be to the full extent and ease as it would be with just having two Randis of your own. Of course, you may use friends as well, but it depends on your friends, and it’s also hard to say how long people will keep him up. He’s not as popular as Esther right now. Ultimately, it’s up to you, but if I had a second go, I’d do it this way.

11. dazzky

dazzky Ascended Member

Leads:
    Regina
    I agree with you, however, his STMR isn't something too exciting on any other unit than himself. On himself it's BiS and godlike, but they are way more valuable STMR you could pick using STMR moogle which are more powerful and more relevant for way more units than just one.

Just my opinion, but using an STMR moogle to BiS a damage dealer unit than can be powercrept in a months, not a good idea. His STMR is nice, but really nothing to exciting

Fenix808 likes this.
  12. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B, Esther, Rena, Randi
    STMR.

Randi and Esther can be perfect chain partners following the same rotation (t-cast AT + BS 2x > LB) and Esther is the most common friend unit for now.