1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

7* Reviews

Discussion in 'Unit Reviews' started by Memel0rd, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Memel0rd

Memel0rd Nyx frens pls Staff Member Administrator Forum Manager VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Nyx | JP: Hyou
    Greetings! Memel0rd here.

Within the upcoming months we will be receiving the 7*s.

Currently we do not know if we are going to see big changes or not.

However, I want to be prepared for it.

I opened a strawpoll on how I should approach the 7* batches. If you don't know, most likely we are going to see one batch a month in which averagely I'd say 10~12 units or so get their respective upgrade. Obviously I am not capable of writing a single in-depth review about every one of these.

Currently a review takes me about 2~3 hours depending on the unit. Converting my initial post to reddit also takes about 15~30 minutes usually. Doesn't sound like a lot, but if you consider that the batches aren't small... this stacks up very fast.

Thus I want to know if YOU prefer to have a few selective reviews where I pick like 3 units out of the batch that I am going to review generally or write a big overview of the entire batch. This means that I won't go into as much detail as I normally would, but would fit the style of a 7* batch a lot better in my eyes.

To the strawpoll: https://www.strawpoll.me/15823003
    There'd also be an extra option that I did not include. I could possibly write the overview AND one or two reviews, but I doubt that I have nearly enough time to get that done.

Either way, thanks a lot for all of your support! For the people that did not know: I did get unbanned at friday.

Have a nice day!

Redtide, theJanne, EatSleep and 39 others like this.
  2. nocturn

nocturn Ascended Member

3. Veralian

Veralian "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Usually Auto LB Nichol
    Well that's a tough one, but still I think an overview of the whole batch would be much better

4. Irish

Irish Ascended Member Supporter

I would say a big batch instead of a couple mate

5. Ashlag

Ashlag FFVII Machinabrigded. Go watch it. It's amazing. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A fairly okay Hyoh, other cool stuff
    I'd say an overview, and maybe going all out on the units you find amazing/special/whatever ? I dunno. A batch one would be enough for me anyway.

6. zenkai

zenkai Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Overview much better! I think that brings the best overall knowledge to us when deciding what unit to awaken :)

Edit: Besides... We all know there will be an in depth review for at least Tidus and Wilhelm anyways ;)

7. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, TT
    Yeah, the batch one, so we all know info about all the units. Otherwise, if we don't own the two or three units that get reviewed, we wouldn't have info on the units we do have. Either way, I'll read whatever you decide to post ::up::

Dajv11 and zenkai like this.
  8. RandomMan

RandomMan Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    VoD, Oldman, Aileen, GLS
    How about a 4th option: Do the overview, but instead of a select few reviews you go a bit deeper into any global changes (if there)?

SirThumpalot and zenkai like this.
  9. Scoustar

Scoustar Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD TDH Tidus
    >100
    Personally I'd prefer in-depth reviews of the "best" units in each batch, sort of like we have now where the Memester ignores most 4* bases, etc. but seems I'm in the minority.

I'll read the overviews I guess, but I think we'll be wasting time talking about units that are basically trash 7* when we could talk properly about the great 7* monster forms. Meme's a man of the people, I'm sure he'll have us all covered one way or another ::up::

10. Psikopato

Psikopato Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    EMPEROR
    glad to see u back !

i like the idea of getting as much possible info of the first batchs, but u can skip units of the bottom like marie and stuff because didnt bring radical changes.

11. Nemeko

Nemeko Ascended Member

Leads:
    6 star Nine
    honestly small select batches out of the review because, it's not like Meme-chan reviews every unit just the 5 star and while it would be nice to get them all, there isn't much reason to do all of them.

12. Gladio

Gladio Well-Known Member

I think is better the overview, but in lazy Gumi weeks, you could have time to review meta changing 7*s, such as Loren or Tidus. You won’t stop reviewing upcoming units, right?, RIGHT?::scream::

13. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    120/140 all resist Basch
    A batch overview, with maybe a little more attention to gamebreaking mechanics like Loren's breaks on a select few who warrant it.

14. partydoc

partydoc Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou 7 star
    Quote: "There'd also be an extra option that I did not include. I could possibly write the overview AND one or two reviews."
    => I guess this would be my favorite, but I can't give you the time you'd need for that, sorry. So it may be wishful thinking! Or would it help if we'd say: "Pretty, pretty please!"? ::innocent::

Bahamut brave likes this.
  15. Neoexdeath2020

Neoexdeath2020 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh
    I think the most important info to get out is a brief overview with key changes such as new chain moves/partners, cooldowns and W-/T-/Q-cast.
    And maybe rankings of TMR-ability importance to help people prioritize moogles/farming.

The damage comparisons aren't all that interesting anymore. Since there's so many variables and dupe-chaining becomes less common with larger chain famillies, more 10-mans and a larger diversity in friend units.
    The Seph review/discussion - where people wildly misinterpret/misrepresent your math - clearly shows this IMO.
    It's like reviewing SUV:s, and the main thing many people pay attention to is the performance in a theoretical dragrace situation.

Dajv11, S1eww, BigNBald5 and 3 others like this.
  16. partydoc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou 7 star
    Or maybe something like: "Should you awaken?", some sort of ranking which units units profit most from their 7* awakening?

17. spada

spada "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fryevia DV LMSakura Emperor DWTidus
    Big overview with special mention to abilities that are worth it

18. Cannon engineer

Cannon engineer Ascended Member Supporter

This. Batch reviews should be better because some units will still use their 6* skills a lot. 1 or 2 in-depth review for the most game-breaking or unit-changing 7* awakening will be really great.

Dajv11 likes this.
  19. partydoc

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou 7 star
    I guess I just start to realize how much work this would be! Meme, you need some assistants, some sort of "Memel0rd Army"!

Dajv11 and Tamamo05 like this.
  20. Mark (Laswell)

Mark (Laswell) Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren and Barbie
    I would like to see GL exclusive units reviewed everytime they are in a new batch.