1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

A Long Story of me and my non-5*-based army vs. 12 Chamber of Arms Bosses - Ver.II

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by aa25, May 15, 2019.

1. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Alright, I think I will finally start working on this project which I have in my mind for ages. Let's see how far I can go (semi-give up at 3*Odin and after that in my 3*Esper project). Granted, some recent 4*based units also powercreep the boss badly. So, things may be already easier than what it should have been.

Note 5/15/2019: This is just a repost of my old thread which I run into some minor technical issues when trying to put embeded video instead of a link to download. @ mod, please let me know if this is not an okay thing to do. I don't mind if this thread will be taken down. Old thread: https://brave-exvius.com/threads/a-...ased-army-vs-12-chamber-of-arms-bosses.46575/

New Features
    : Embeded videos!!! I hope you can now watch them easier than before.​

The reason I do this is, I like the team building and tackling trials in FFBE a lot. No, this has nothing to do with lacking new and/or challenging contents. (Those who know me will know that I've been mumbling about doing this for ages now.) The main reason is, I found a lot of 4*based units are pretty fun to use, but they are not mentioned about that much since they are not 'meta' (Like, seriously, why haven't I heard much about Dietlinde's 84% DEF break at all ?). Since the bosses in 10-man trials is not really suitable with the current 'meta' anyway, I think it is a good battlefield for me to entertain myself doing these trials with my non-5*based line-up. To me, it is like solving a puzzle, by figuring out a team and a rotation that work. Switching from 5*based to non-5*based is like switching the available building blocks to a new different set.

I hope this type of things will not upset or irritate people in anyway. If it does, please skip this thread. Just to make myself clear (may be I am too paranoid ?), I am not against using GLEX, Limited Unit, 7*units, or whatever to clear any trials, including these 10-man trials. FFBE is a single player game. Players should play the game however they want (and I am doing exactly that as well).

Some rules that I use:
    1. I will use only non-5*based units.
    2. Initially, I will try to use only TMR from non-5*based as well.
      • For this point, I admit I am not sure if I can beat later trials without 5*based TMRs. If it comes to that, I will put a remark on it.
    3. I will use any event and trial rewards, regardless whether it is possible to obtain them without 5*based units to begin with.
    4. I will try not to use Garnet + 3*Esper since some 3*esper is as strong as a 7*finisher. Plus, I can't 'downgrade' them either.
    5. I will use GLEX and Limited units, and their TMRs, that I have as I see fit.
    6. I will only beat the boss. I will not try to complete the missions along the way.
    7. ???
    Core team:
    1. Mystea: My favorite 4*-based unit. Crazy good LB. Self-heal 100% HP. Mag cover. Stop resistance.
    2. WoL: My longest time unit. Phy cover. Provoke (need Mystea or Crowe for dmg mitigation). Strong breaks (need back up on the first turn though).
    3. Ozetta: Provoke tank. Good LB for threshold.
    4. Meliadoul: Strongest on-demand break in 4*land (50%). Reraise. Tanky. Self-sufficient (10% MP regen per turn). Very easy to gear).
    5. Rosa: Well-round healer. Strong MP regen.
    6. Deuce: A bard. Very strong song with give Curaja-level heal, very high MP regen, and good DEF/SPR buff.
    7. Roselia: Strong healer who has 100% HP heal. Has mini MP regen (40 MP).
    8. Minfilia: Crazy strong unit. 70% elemental resistance. 80% AoE ATK/MAG or DEF/SPR buff. 100% ST indiviual stat buff. Stop resistance.
    9. Crowe: Another crazy good LB (64% elemental resistance and 30% dmg mitigation). 100% ST individual stats buff. dmg mitigation on-demand. Mini MP regen (30 MP).
    10. Chloe: 70% elemental resistance on-demand. 74% elemental resistance from LB. 45% ST all stats break. 50% mag killer buff.
    11. Firion: Strong solo dmg dealer. Can use any weapon which offers a lot of flexibility for elemental and killer effect. Loaded with innate killer effect for 8 enemies types.
    12. Lexa: Strong mag chainer and solo dmg dealer. Wind-locked.
    13. Summertime Luka: Strong mag chainer and solo dmg dealer. Water-lock. Can do some mini HP heal.
    Situational:
    1. Vayne: 25% phy or mag dmg mitigation.
    2. Soleil: 120% all stats buff. Take a few turns to ramp up.
    3. Garnet: 40% all elemental resistance. Good healer. (Technically, she is also a strong summoner. I don't usually use her for that that much though.)
    4. Cerius: 100% fire/ice/lightning resistance. 70% dark resistance.
    5. Dietlinde: 84% DEF break. OK frame chainer.
    6. Emilia: OK frame chain partner for Dietlinde
    7. Theobald: Flood frame chain partner for Summertime Luka
    8. Shantotto: Lexa chain partner.
    9. Agrius: DR frame chainer.
    10. Belgemine: DR frame chain partner for Agrius.
    11. Silvia: Light/Ice dmg dealer. Stop resistance. Break resistance.
    12. William: Earth dmg dealer.
    13. Victoria: Fire/Dark dmg dealer.
    14. Ashe: Lightning dmg dealer.
    15. Shantal: Crazy good LB. ST cover.
    16. Cagnaazo: Tough provoke tank. Can reach high defense on the turn his provoke is cast (other provoker needs to Defend).
    17. Cecil: 85% chance to cover one ally with 60% dmg mitigation
    18. Charlotte: phy cover tank. MP regen. 50% chance to cover one ally with 50-100% dmg mitigation.
    19. Shylt: Another crazy good LB. mag cover. Back up when I need 2 mag cover tanks.
    Results:
    • 1.Sheratan: 03/02/2019
      • Team: WoL (provoke, 45% ATK/MAG break), Mystea (mag cover, Clear Veil, LB), Minfilia(Earth/Dark resistance, DEF/SPR buff, ATK buff), Rosa (MP regen, heal), Firion (being Firion), Dietlinde (83% DEF break for the fruits), Meliadoul (50% ATK/MAG break on the 1st turn). (Shantotto, Lexa, and Soleil didn't do anything in the fight.)
      • Screenshot_20190303-020727_FFEXVIUS.jpg
    • 2.Elnath: 03/03/2019
      • Team: WoL (phy cover first phase), Mystea (mag cover last two phases), Meliadoul (50% ATK/MAG break, 50% DEF/SPR break, Provoke from Golem+Plushie), Crowe (LB - 64% all element resistance & 30 dmg mitigation, 100% buff ATK/MAG), Rosa (MP regen, heal, dispel every turn in last phase), Firion (do Firion's thing), Ashe (DC-Thundaja). (Lexa, Dietlinde, and Minfilia didn't do anything.)
      • Screenshot_20190303-181947_FFEXVIUS.jpg

• Note: That perfectly aligned rotation between the boss and my team is pure coincident. I thought I will have to stall here and there to deal with that.
    • 3.Alhena: 03/03/2019
      • Team: WoL (provoke, 45% ATK/MAG break), Mystea (mag cover, Clear Veil, Defend on thresholds), Crowe (LB, LB fill rate buff, mini MP regen), Rosa (Heal, MP regen, LB to regen 40% MP to deal with the boss' MP drain in phase 2), Chole (Wind resistance, Fire resistance, until Crowe's LB is up and running), Meliadoul (50% ATK/MAG break first turn, scapegoat when the boss drain MP for the first time.)
      • Screenshot_20190304-000632_FFEXVIUS.jpg

• Note: LoL, the complete opposite of me vs. Elnath. A lot of stalling this time. Need to fill Rosa's LB gauge and let Mystea defend during threshold in phase 2.
    • 4.Tegmine: 03/04/2019
      • Team: Mystea (mag cover - light resistance), WoL (provoke, phy cover in phase 2&3 only), break (phase 1 only), Vayne (phy dmg mitigation in phase 2, mag dmg mitigation in phase 2), Meliadoul (50% ATK/MAG break in phase 2&3), Crowe (dmg mitigation, ATK buff, DEF buff, water resistance from LB in phase 3, MP regen in phase 2), Roselia (heal in phase 2), Deuce (heal & MP regen in phase 1&3), Lexa (deal dmg in phase 1), Firion (deal dmg in phase 2&3)
      • Screenshot_20190304-134233_FFEXVIUS.jpg

• Note: I admit, I was worried a bit that I might not be able to pull this off.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Ferax, Person, Seven and 7 others like this.
  2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    • 5.Aldhafera: 03/04/2019
      • Team: Ozetta (passive provoke, Mirage from Tetra Sylphid to avoid Snap), WoL (phy cover, part-time breaker in phase 1), Mystea (mag cover in phase 2), Meliadoul (main breaker and reraiser for both WoL and Mystea), Rosa (heal, dispel, revive WoL in phase 1), Roselia (heal, dispel), Sara (AoE Mirage), Dietlinde (84% DEF break for final push below 40% HP), Crowe (elemental resistance buff & dmg mitigation from LB, ATK Buff, part-time dispel-er), Firion (dmg dealer)
      • Screenshot_20190305-030644_FFEXVIUS.jpg
      • Note: After all this time, this trial is still pretty chaotic for me. I had to improvise things here and there along the way.
    • 6. Vindemiatrix: 03/05/2019
      • Team: Ozetta (passive provoke), Mystea (bulky mag tank for phase 1), Shylt (200% Wind resistance mag tank for phase 2), Meliadoul (50% breaks, Reraiser during thresholds), Rosa (Heal, MP regen), Deuce (Heal, MP regen - sorta redundant), Firion (phy dmg dealer), Lexa (mag dmg dealer).
      • Screenshot_20190305-184119_FFEXVIUS.jpg
      • Note: This is still, imo, the easiest one in 10-man trials. Probably tied with Elnath.
    • 7. Brachium: 03/05/2019
      • Team: Ozetta (passive provoke with self-reraise), WoL (phy tank for phase 1), Mystea (mag tank for phase 2), Crowe (dmg mitigation on the turn WoL/Mystea cast their cover skills), Rosa (Heal, MP Regen, Dispel), Roselia (Heal when need to heal a lot), Meliadoul (50% breaks, reraise on Mystea on phase 2 to deal with ST Fixed Dmg), Firion (deal dmg - phase 1 only), Victoria (deal dmg both phase).

• Screenshot_20190306-043811_FFEXVIUS.jpg
      • Note: I hate this trial. It is not difficult, but just very complicated due to the boss will more or less direct what you have to do to handle the next attacks. The boss' threshold attacks also span over two turns. The boss also has both instant Death that bypass Genji Shield and Safty Bit and Fixed 99999 dmg. I found it is quite difficult to keep track of what needs to be done next. And yes, I just want to use Victoria for this trial.
    • 8. Shaula: 03/06/2019
      • Note: May not be the best way to do this trial. I may attempt it again with different teams/ideas/strategies/insanity/
      • Scratch note from the first time I beat it.
        • Both WoL and Mystea need bulkiness to survive.
          • WoL double as a AoE breaker and provoker. Need dmg mitigation. (Rotation: Arms Eraser -> Provoke -> Defend)
          • Mystea will take care of mag AoE (turn 3n-1 both phase) and some ST. Must defend on turn 3n-1 to survive. The other two turns can defend.
          • In phase two, there is a chance that WoL will auto-cover Mystea on the turn the boss uses mag AoE. It is not a big deal, since the boss will deal quite light dmg the turn after. Shatal and Firion may be killed, but they can be safely revived next turn without risking anything.
        • Shatal offers both 41% dmg mitigation and break resistance. It costs 20 LS, need auto-LB build (he gains 1 LB per turn innate).
          • Crowe can offer 30% dmg mitigation and 100% DEF buff on WoL early while Shatal is building up his LB.
        • Need AoE ATK/MAG break for phase two (WoL or Ling ?)
        • Sara casts AoE Mirage every 4th turn in phase 1 and every 3rd turn in phase 2.
        • Ozetta is needed to deal with preemptive. After the preemptive, let the healer revive and she will work as a provoke while WoL is busy breaking the boss' ATK/MAG. Not used after that.
        • Lexa/Firion keep dealing dmg. Should I switch to Lexa/Victoria ?
        • Rosa can do DC-Curaga and Bless.
          • Need partial auto-LB build to deal with ST MP drain targeting the provoker in phase 1 (on turn ending with 9, i.e. 9, 19, 29, etc). Need to gain at least 3 LS per turn (to be sure it is up by the end of turn 9).
          • Crowe can help with healing if need (swap out Lexa/Firion)
        • Dietlinde is used to break the Arms' DEF. Firion will be able to kill each arm in two turns with that. So, one round of LB per arm. Can pre-fill LB from phase 1. Need to fill LB again in phase 2. => Is this needed ? Can it be doen with 45% DEF/SPR break from Shatal/WoL ? May be with Firaja user ? The Arms are not that dangerous, but it helps reducing the amount of heal needed each turn quite a lot.
          • Kill Left Arms (deal ST phy dmg) first. (Should be, right ?)
      • Team: Mystea (bulky mag cover), WoL (bulky provke, 45% ATK/MAG break), Shatal (41% dmg mitigation & break resistance from LB, Cradle of Horns), Rosa (Heal, MP regen), Sara (AoE Mirage), Lexa (dmg dealer for 1st phase), Firion (dmg dealer for 2nd phase), Dietlinde (83% DEF break for Arms in phase 2 - inefficienct idea ?), Crowe (30% dmg mitigation, 100% DEF buff - first few turns only), Ozetta (Scapegoat drawing preemptive attack with passive provoke).
      • Screenshot_20190306-194441_FFEXVIUS.jpg
      • Video: Two parts from two different runs with the same strategy.
        • This one is from the another run after the first clear using the same strategy. Pause the recording here and there to limit the file size. I didn't sit through the end though, the the part after killing both Arms are pretty straightforward and very repetitive

• This one is just near the end. It is from my first clear with this strategy and it took me 79 turns, don't want to upload a video that long.
      • Note: This is the toughest one so far. I might have approached the trial in a wrong angle.

Ferax, Seven, matt_b and 4 others like this.
  3. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    • 9. Nunki: 03/07/2019
      • Team: WoL (phy cover for phases 1-5, provoke all phases, 45% ATK/MAG break), Ozetta (temporary provoker on turn 1), Mystea (mag cover for phases 6-7, Stop resistance at the beginning of phase 5) Dietlinde (83% DEF break), Crowe (63% all elemental resistance, MP regen), Chloe (Water resistance for phase 1 while waiting for Crowe's LB, 45% all stats break in phase 5), Roselia (Full heal on WoL in phases 1-4 Dispel+2xCuraga for phase 5, TC-Curaga for Mystea and WoL in phases 6-7), Kaede (Light/Earth dmg for phases 1, 4, and 5), Silvia (Ice/Wind dmg for phases 2 and 3), Firion (Light dmg for phases 6 and 7)
      • Screenshot_20190307-193350_FFEXVIUS.jpg

• Note: Another easy one. I need to stall a bit so that I can cross the threshold at 59% on turn 18. Later on, the boss alternate between using mag AoE dmg once during even turns and twice in odd turns, hence I let Mystea alternate between casting her cover skill and defend.
    • 10. Dabih: 03/08/2019
      • Team: WoL (mostly provoke and 45% AoE ATK/MAG break, later on phy cover in phase 2 when only two Cultists are left), Mystea (mag cover tank), Rosa (Heal, MP regen), Roselia (Dispel Shaman, Heal), Ozetta (Earth resistance, auto-provoke in early part of phase 1), Dietlinde (83% DEF break to speed up killing Dabih in phase 2), Yan (elemental resistance from LB, AoE reraise - back up when AoE cover won't proc from ST dmg, dmg mitigation, back up heal/MP regen), Firion (Light dmg dealer for Dabih), Kaede (non-elemental dmg dealer for Shaman), and Summertime Luka (non-elemental dmg dealer for Cultlist).
      • Video: No video this time. Way too long fight and I don't think I feel like redoing against soon.
      • 2019-03-08 12.22.25.jpg 2019-03-08 12.40.40.jpg 2019-03-08 12.59.31.jpg
      • Note: This one is most difficult one so far. Still managed to beat it without 5*based units/TMRs though. Need to use Yan to help with heal/MP regen and slightly higher elemental resistance than Crowe.
    • 11. Sadalsuud
    • 12. Alpherg

Ferax, Seven, matt_b and 5 others like this.
  4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reserved.

Seven likes this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reserved

Seven likes this.
  6. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reserved another one just in case

Seven likes this.
  7. matt_b

matt_b Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Love seeing mah gurl Meliadoul getting some love. She is such a versatile unit. Well done.

Also, more points for doing more than just Yan/Rikku reraise spam.

Seven and aa25 like this.
  8. Seven

Seven Totally Normal Member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Wow, this is insane considering some people have trouble even with 7* units...good work!

aa25 likes this.