1. Users are hosting a huge giveaway for the 2nd year anniversary event with $380 in prizes! - Check out the thread for more details here!
  2. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  3. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  4. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  5. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  6. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

A second ex-aileen (TM) worth it in this scenario?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Robertk, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Robertk

Robertk Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to pull ex-aileen 2 days ago. She is sitting on 1470att at the moment, with 250% TDH (buster style 100% / tomb raider 50%, and her own passive 100%). Unfortunately i was not able to pull a single elfreeda just yet..

The thing is, i have 2 cloud's sitting on the bench (because until yesterday i was only able to hit 200% TDH). My question to you is this, do you consider it worthwhile to try pulling for a second ex-aileen, so i can go with 2x cloud 250% TDH? The problem i see is the lack of raw att, and switching out a 30-40% att materia for tomb raider's.. So lets assume i won't get marshal glove anytime soon, would it be worth it? On a sidenote i already have normal Aileen, so i dont see the point in going with 2x ex aileen + aileen in team comp. Looking forward to hear your opinion. Greets!

2. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c Chips ā€˜nā€™ Gravy VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    Down the line with with some 7* innate TDH bonuses I can see this TMR being useful as less % will be needed to reach the 300% cap so you will be able to utilize the other positives of the TM.

3. Malik

Malik Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    2b Barbariccia
    I'm lacking both Ex Aileen (still chasing her) and Elfreeda. Got two clouds. Going by the way the Game is giving dual wield options through units, free equipment/tmr it's kind of clear that dual wielding will soon be falling a lot behind.
    So TDH is making its presence felt. Therefore, I'm already working on whatever other equipments I might need for the TDH built for both my 2b and Ang apart from the cloud tmrs.
    So yeah, if I were you I would grab any TDH option on offer.

4. jonathangariepy

jonathangariepy Ascended Member

Imo no, instead of chasing after Ex.Aileen, I'd wait for Elfreeda to be featured again or Nal's TMR.

5. RandomMan

RandomMan Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    VoD, Oldman, Aileen, GLS
    They're mostly giving away DW equipment the same reason they practically gave away Dualcast a short while ago: Most meta-relevant units already have it in their kit. OK, 2B, A2, all have it. The main users of DW TMRs are Oldman, VoD, Aileen and Tidus. The last mage withouth natural Dualcast or double skill activation quite old even. There is less demand for the skill, but it's still very meta-relevant.

To then answer OP's question: It depends on what you expect to run in the future. If you use a TDH finisher, one ExAileen might already do the trick and you can consider saving up your tickets (since pulling for a 5* is always risky business). Future units come with their own TDH materia or TMR, which allows you to get more TDH TMRs then. If you however plan to run TDH chainers, you might consider going for a second ExAileen. Her TMR is practically free and if you need to build 2 units for TDH, BiS is a huge investment (8+ TMR) so any free TMR is a blessing.

6. Robertk

Robertk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the posts on this so far! While all suggestions here provide usefull information, i decided to wait till future TDH TMR's.. It wouldnt be the first time that i decide to over-spent on pulls/tickets, just to see another insane banner the week(s) after.

Also, i forgot to mention that i fully LB potted current ex-aileen so no pots left.. so i will use her as my main finisher for now, and upcoming weeks. For now using aileen+ friend aileen's as chainers with piledriver 2.

Another problem with 2 TDH ex-aileen chainers ( which would be a wet dream o_o ) for me is that i dont have the option to either give the 2nd ex-aileen another artisan, or utilize fixed dice to the fullest because of lacking raw att/no marshal glove :(

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

A side note and perk is that let's say something happened where the tm is useless for tdh it is still a pretty sick auto lb materia with hp(which you tend to sacrifice for those builds).

It would go great on a unit like Yan, Rikku, Wilhelm,etc.