1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

A short story of me vs. the Egg

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by aa25, Jul 13, 2019.

1. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I love this trial. Using 25 different units is, imo, quite challenging. I am definitely game for stuffs like and really really hope the devs will keep releasing trial like this in the future. If they would backward release this type of challenges for previously released trials, that would be awesome too.

Anyway, I still have a pile (or two) of laundry to deal with. Let's start this mumbling!

Results:
    • All done!
      • Screenshot_20190714-102924.jpg
    • Seventh team/clear: Non-Esther, Mage clear (@Sefiros this one is for you :) )
      • Screenshot_20190714-090621.jpg
    • Fourth team/clear
      • Screenshot_20190713-182705.jpg
    • Fifth team/clear
      • Screenshot_20190713-195536.jpg
    • Sixth team/clear
      • Screenshot_20190713-203211.jpg
    • Eighth team/clear
      • Screenshot_20190716-180954.jpg
    Team: I won't spell all the builds of all 25 units this time. I'll just highlight some strategy
    • Team 1 (First clear, went in 100% blind):
      • Rena, SS.Charlotte, Elfreeda, Kryla, 2xEsther
    • Team 2: Solo tank with high mitigation (WKN: 45% phy on provoke + 75% gen on CD)
      • Folka, WKN, Loren, Yuraisha, 2xEsther
    • Team 3: Glad's ST cover + Baiting provoker. (Glad takes ~7k for each Eggxecution)
      • Yuna, Gladiolus, S.Nichol, Beatrix, 2xEsther
    • Team 4: Drop one defensive unit, and take along a finisher.
      • Ayaka, A.Rain, Olive, Fid, 2xEsther
    • Team 5: Phy cover tank with self-reraise
      • Rem, Lilith, Qin, 2b, 2xEsther
    • Team 6: Go with Phy cover tank and let him/her die which will continue covering. (i.e. similar to sacrificial mag cover tank vs. Bahamut ages ago)
      • K.Ayaka, Sieghard, Elephim, HT.Lid, 2x Esther
    • Team 7 (Mage clear)
      • Rena, Charlotte, Kryla, Yuraisha, 2x Circe
    • Team 8 (Planned: Non-Esther, revisiting Gladiolus' ST cover strategy)
      • Rena, Gladiolus, Charlotte, Loren, Beatrix, and Karlette
    Strategy:
    • Handling dmg: Imo, the key point of this trial is handling Eggxecution which is a ST Physical Attack Dealing Fixed Damage. The boss will use this particular move during threshold and every 5 turns (once on turn 5, twice on turn 10, and thrice on turn 15, 20, 25, and so on). The easiest way to deal with this move is Evade/Mirage (since it is a phy attack). Otherwise, you can rely on those high dmg mitigation CD or cover (e.g. Team 2, 3, and 5 above). Prepare some sort of non-spell reraise (see next bullet point) will be useful too if the fight will last long.
      • Do note that the boss' threshold attacks are used on top of his normal rotation. So, avoid crossing thresholds on turn divisible by 5 just to be on the save side.
      • Sieghard unlockable cover (from using his provoke) also gives him Mirage effect that let him negate 3 phy dmg. If you time it right, that you help your team dealing with 3x Eggxecution later on. (Credit: Big thanks to @RaagisEd for confirming this).
      • Half-tested: If you go with phy cover tank, you can let him/her cover, but do not provoke. Let other unit provoke to make sure that the tank's cover will have a change to proc. Unless the game mechanic has been changed, a covering tank will continue covering even if the tank is killed until the end of the turn. So, you should be able to utilize to to deal with Eggxecution. You will have to prepare your team to take both phy and mag AoE dmg next turn though.
    • Beside Eggxecution: The boss does both phy and mag AoE. So, gear your team accordingly (i.e. high DEF if use mag cover tank, and high SPR if use phy cover tank). The boss also imperil your team Earth Reistance for 200% quite often. Make sure to gear them for some Earth resistance and use some external buff (Titan has Barstonga).
    • Healing with non-maic only: The boss will counter with self-heal (a lot of HP) if you use Recovery magic (Raise/Reraise/Curaja) - Edit: Oops, wrong info. Raise is fine.. So, avoid using those spells unless necessary.
    • Elemental dmg: The boss has 100% resistance in all element, except Lightning which he has 50%. Prepare you team according.
    Alright, that's all this time. Hope you all enjoy reading. Thanks as usual, folks. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Skye, Arkadi, Hillgigas209 and 13 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Designated Villain of the Month VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, Bart, 2B, KM units
    It's awesome that you can do this, and I'd love to clear it the way it's intended, but I just don't have the numbers and variety of units yet to be able to have distinct teams. The 200% Imperil especially is forcing my hand.

Raelf likes this.
  3. Raelf

Raelf "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno, Sieghard
    I only intended to clear it once because his Earth damage is insane and I can't swap Sylvie, Sieghard, or anybody else because I don't have 7* Magic Tanks.

4. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
    I just wanna say that the self-heal never procced when I used raise for some reason. Curaja, yas, Reraise, yas, Raise, nupe.
    And I was raising looooots.

aa25 and Ferax like this.
  5. Demiluna

Demiluna "Hall of Fame" Member

with SS charlotte, fid, sylvi and double esther i could swap out the 6th unit for whatever deadweight i wanted to and still kill it in 5 turns, so i ran it quite often just switching one char at a time ^^

6. Sefiros

Sefiros JOB: Forum member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther/Bonus/Circe/Sylvie/Sieghard
    Wow gratz mate, 24 turns it's a good result, better than I expected, still I'm surprised you accepted the challenge and melted the egg with magic DD :D

aa25 likes this.
  7. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

Raelf send an invite i can set up a magic tank with high resist.

8. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

Surprisingly i have tried the legend difficulty yet. I did the other levels. On vacation atm so no real rush. My jiraiya has been having a great time with this boss.
    Is not the boss resistant to non elemental damage? I have not really done any research or looked into the battle.

9. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I can confirm, this works ::up:: (but probably a full evade sieghard could also work, less timings involved, i will test that with Earth Veritas later)

aa25 likes this.
  10. Raelf

Raelf "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno, Sieghard
    No, it's alright I can't clear it without friend Esther. Thanks for trying though!

11. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

Teamwork makes the dreamwork.

aa25 likes this.
  12. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Onther confirm, if anyone is still wondering about this. A full evade provoke tank (in combination with a magic cover tank) takes 0 damage. Makes it very easy to swap that provoke tank for just about any unit.

edit: 0 damage, besides the 80% and 99% HP damage, that can't be avoided i think only mitigated.

13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Woot! Woot! Updates with non-Esther and revisiting Gladiolus' ST cover strategy. (Pic and Vid in OP)

14. Skye

Skye Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
    This trial is lots of fun if you happen to have several units lying about that can fill the needed roles. Although it seems pretty much designed for Sylvie & Esther, you don’t really need either to clear it. My clears for example made me realize that Beryl is also a pretty good breaker; that Charming Kitty Ariana is still a better healer than Lotus Mage Fina, despite the latter having a 7* form; and that Ignacio has a pretty decent provoke skill that lets you build him for that (ideally with evade).