1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

A2: The Queen of the Blade Reigns (a provoke tank build)

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Fabell, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lila, TT, Setzer, Sylvie, 2B
    So, with the following build, I can achieve 100% evade and 1400 ATK. I present you the future queen of provoke tanks, and with I.Nichol the new queen of physical evade tanks, period.

A2 7★
    Right hand: Beastlord ATK+125, DEF+20%
    Head: Hairpin of Purity DEF+10, MAG+24, SPR+51
    Body: K Producer's Jacket DEF+7, SPR+3
    Accessory 1: Yellow Balloon
    Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii ATK+30%, MAG+3, MAG+30%, SPR+3
    Materia 1: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20%
    Materia 2: Quick Assault ATK+30%
    Materia 3: Spirit of Freedom ATK+15%
    Materia 4: Quick Assault ATK+30%
    Esper: Golem HP+93, HP+10%, MP+60, ATK+54, DEF+76, MAG+30, SPR+30
    Total: HP:5967, MP:469, ATK:1428, DEF:363, MAG:253, SPR:364

Any problems that you foresee?

I'm still lacking the moogles for the Hairpin, Quick Assault, and Noctis (including the unit himself), but as soon as Noctis is available for UoC, and I've got another 300% spare moogles lying around...

Highlights of this build:
    • 100% status immunity
    • 105% provoke (with Golem's ability)
    • 100% evade
    • 1400 ATK (for those nice counters she comes with)
    • if by chance she is hit by a magic spell, she will most likely (80% chance, anyway) not die the first time
    EAT THAT, 2B!

(j/k, 2B is awesome)

I wanted to see if A2 could provide any long-term benefits, since everyone everywhere is talking about how she will eventually be eclipsed by better DPS units. This is an example of her long-term viability.

Cons
    She still doesn't have much in terms of other support capabilities, her LB actively damages her (which is pretty bad for a tank), her SPR is for the dogs (you better have a magic tank on your team who can take that damage), and she still doesn't have that many chaining partners so you probably won't add her to your team for awhile until Lasswell's chaining family gets more members. She also has very low HP, so pretty much any boss sniffing a fire spell in her general direction will cause her to RETRY, and you'll be forced to make sure she has a reraise up or witness the overall destruction of your team the next turn.

Still, I like the build regardless of the cons because rarely do I actually need the 2k+ ATK she so proudly displays. Once I get the right units (Noctis) and the moogles I'll probably switch her over full-time to the evade tank build since it's so easy to build.

She is already my lead Arena unit. I'm using Golem for confuse resistance, with a DW build and Pod for the chaining. It's pretty dang awesome. 1600 ATK, 100% evade, confuse resistance, and 7k HP.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Master Red and Masvroh like this.
  2. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    It's a nice build. You can do the same thing with tidus though. This exact build gives him 1260 attack and he can also do other stuff on his free turns such as entrust or lb imperil

Master Red and Fabell like this.
  3. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lila, TT, Setzer, Sylvie, 2B
    I hadn't realized that, probably because I don't have another Tidus for his 7* form. But that's nice to know that there are options out there for chaining evade tanks that can actually be serviceable ATK units as well.

I imagine the pool right now is quite small, but I'm going to start keeping track of them. I like the A2 kit because of her extra life, in case you screw up she won't die and she has pretty awesome counters.

Barroth likes this.
  4. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist VIP VIP Supporter

Leads:
    the Flock.
    1/2
    I gotten regen lvl4 on iw for beastlord. it nullifies the hp drain from her lb.

Fabell likes this.
  5. Saiki

Saiki Member

Leads:
    A2 1800 ATK, seabreeze fina 1200 mag
    I have a 7 star A2 but I did not play during the events that have the items you listed...
    so sad because I really like the build and can make it even more effective if you upgrade beastlord in the item world