1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Add-Me Request Section Perms

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestion Box' started by Diego Vargas, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Diego Vargas

Diego Vargas Ascended Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou
    Hey can you change the permissions of the add-me request section to allow thread authors to delete/moderate posts in their own threads. Would help us keep things tidy in persistent add-me threads.

2. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou
  3. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Spooky Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    You can edit your own thread whenever you want. There should be no need to any mod rights.

As for deletion: just report it yourself or link a mod in a comment. That is our job to do and there is no need to give out the right to everyone.

4. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou
    I am talking about deleting reply posts in my persistent thread to keep it tidy, not because somebody is misbehaving.

5. Carnefix

Carnefix Newsl0rd Staff Member Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 VIP Spooky Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    Well. We can't give out everyone mod rights in that section and there are no special rights for someone's own threads only.
    You will have to live with it.

We even have threads with +100 pages and their owners can also manage it.

6. Diego Vargas

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyou
    What people are willing to live with (sometimes not even knowing about other options) is not the same thing as it being ideal or wanted. Given the option I am certain most of them would clean up their threads given the capability.

7. Carnefix

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    TDH Hyoh, Nyx, Tidus
    True. But like I said: there is no special option/function that allows one to do what you wanted.
    Giving out mod rights is only possible for the whole section and those would be able to do what they want there. That also includes others threads/comments.

Only the mod/admin staff is allowed to have these rights.