1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Let's celebrate together with a small giveaway! 60$ in total! Make sure to participate! To the Christmas Giveaway
  3. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  4. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  5. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Advice on team building needed

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by crimsonsunset, Dec 6, 2017.

1. crimsonsunset

crimsonsunset New Member

Hi, i've been playing this for slighty over 3 weeks, f2p rank 37 now.

Story progress is fine for me thus far (in olderion now), but for the vortex missions like currently the fate of the dragoon, i'm stuck at the 2nd last set of missions, specifically the boss batory, took my whole team down (friend: olive) at 70+% hp, even when i tried continue once, only managed to brought her down to 50+% and lost again. Any idea how i can improve on my team sets, and possibly beat that mission without continue or at most once, or any potential events in general?

current team:
    barbariccia 6* lvl max
    marie 6* lvl max
    cor 6* lvl 90+
    fina 6* lvl max
    noctis 6* lvl max

on the "bench":
    amelia 6* lvl max
    xon 6* lvl max
    seven 6* lvl 70+

No TMRs and no abilities awakened yet. Latest asper i have is diabolos as you would have guessed, all espers only 1*.

a bunch of 4-5* that i have mostly neglected due to lack of resources to level them (only leveled them through expeditions and awaken them whenever possible)
    chizuru 5*
    dark fina 5*
    queen 5*
    desch 5*
    cloud of darkness 5*
    lasswell 5*
    rain 5*
    luka 4*
    kefka 4*
    terra 4*
    agrias 4*
    refia 4*
    aria 4*
    firion 4*
    soleil 4*
    ilias 4*
    sozhe 4*
    veritas of the heavens 4*

etc etc i believe i have a few others but maintenance time now cant check

any sort of team building advice is welcome, not necessarily pertaining to beating the event.

thanks in advance

2. Zilla731

Zilla731 Her Royal Highness THE Princess Anistasia VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    GL 2booty, OK, Oldmandude, Tilith etc
    agrias once enhanced can chain with friend oldmandude or Dark veritas, I'd level/enhance her when you can. other than that I'll leave team suggestions to better minds than my sleepy one.
    however, if you want, you can add my 3 alts to help you.

main is 1100+ atk fire ele 2booty, ID to the left under my avatar,

tidus alt is 910 atk water ele with his tmr, ID: 009-745-807

GLS at is 850 mag with reaver. ID: 482-673-751

please keep brave-exvius.com in greeting so I accept!

3. leemanho

leemanho Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    If you are using Barbariccia you should choose a Barbariccia friend and chain dual cast tornado, it will be much better than using an Olive friend. In your case you can use Noctis as breaker to break enemy ATK and MAG, it will make everything a lot easier. You also need a better healer to replace Fina, Luka, Aria, and Refia are all good choices

4. SNova42

SNova42 Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Victoria, VoF, Barbariccia
    With a strong Barbariccia friend chaining dual tornadoes with yours and Noctis breaking & finishing, Batory should fall soon. Keep Marie’s buffs up, and if you can max and enhance Soleil, put her in your team (probably replacing Cor). With Soleil’s buffs on top of everything else you should have no problem with Batory.

5. crimsonsunset

crimsonsunset New Member

Thanks for the responses. Yeah i was considering to replace fina with luka or aria at some point (most probably luka, seems like everyone prefers her nowadays).
    What exactly do you mean by "breaker"? Skills that reduce their atk/mag?

Guess i'll just try again once i manage to grab someone with barbariccia..

6. SNova42

SNova42 Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yep, breaks are debuffs on the enemy’s ATK, MAG, DEF, or SPR. I think Batory is immune DEF and SPR breaks, but ATK and MAG will be very effective.

You can ask on this forum and there’ll be many people with strong Barbariccias for you. I could lend you one but I can’t gear her that well yet. If you find no better options you can add me, my id is in my profile. (Though I’m about to go to bed)

7. SummonerBWM

SummonerBWM "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura and Noctis
    You need to focus on enhacning Fina's Innocent Shot, Marie's abilities and also max out Luka, Soleil, Aria, Dark Fina and their abilities. Luka and Aria are stronger healers than Fina, but Fina can use Entrust to give her LB to Noctis. Not sure how much gil and crysts you have.

For te Fate of te Dragoon, your team set up should be right now:

Noctis, Barby, Fina/Aria, Enhanced Marie, Enhanced Soleil

You can easily level up your units by doing the Pro Chamber of Experience. 1 unit by themselves with a friend companion can easily climb levels very fast.

8. crimsonsunset

crimsonsunset New Member

Finally beat batory, albeit with 1 continue.... at 4% health, arghh that meteor. I hope the last boss doesn't have meteor has well (don't see it indicated on the wiki), that would be so killer.

Hmm, so basically i should fully level soleil and replace cor with her.. i thought cor was fine with the 80% atk/mag buff and also a breaker/finisher? Or perhaps i just need one in the team.

9. SNova42

SNova42 Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Congrats. Soleil offer 120% buffs in all stats when properly enhanced. Mind you she will have no free turns left at all, and not much to do even if she had free turns.

If you aren’t doing so already I’d emphasize the importance of chaining. With two Barbariccias you can reach 23 elemental or spark chains, boosting your damage up almost 4 times, and anything you put in the chain after the tenth hit or so gives 4x the damage.

10. crimsonsunset

crimsonsunset New Member

Yup, managed to get a hold of 1 barbariccia friend and did the damage... didn't really bothered with chaining until now lol. Thanks again for the advice guys.

11. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

I think irrespective of units, there are specific battle mechanics that you need to observe for pretty much all FFBE battles..

1) Squad buffs, especially DEF/SPR. Any kind of buffs to DEF (against physical damage) and SPR (against magical damage) are important in keeping your units alive.
    2) Enemy debuffs (or breaks). Being able to break enemy attack or magic (depending on what type of damage they prefer) also adds to your ability to survive longer
    3) HP/HP management. Long, drawn-out battles require healing and also MP recovery.
    4) Chaining damage. When you actually do get around to attacking, make sure you're chaining your damage (either magical or physical). The damage multiplier gets increased significantly if you chain. The higher your chain, the higher your damage. Chaining with same elemental typing further increases the damage modifier. Capping your chain off with a heavy "finisher" attack (with max modifier) is also a great way to end with a bang.
    5) Using a tank to soak/provoke damage will prolong the life of your weaker units such as healers and supporters.
    6) Using bar spells help mitigate elemental damage if the boss does heavy magical/elemental based attacks.

Whether you have certain units or not, it is important to understand how the battle mechanics work. By having all of the above items covered, you'll make sure that you don't get one-shotted by the boss and that you're effectively dishing out damage.

12. crimsonsunset

crimsonsunset New Member

Hmm, i don't really have a tank in use now. I suppose you're right i do need a tank to stop my supporters/healers from dying too quickly sometimes. Tho i don't really have a good one atm the only ones i have now are rasler and snow, i'll just have to make do without one i guess.

13. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

Charlotte is a common 3* tank. Cecil is honestly quite common as well since he's a 3*. Either of them should be an upgrade from Rasler or Snow. But for now, I guess Snow would suffice as long as you can throw some extra HP/DEF on him to keep him alive. But yea, provoke/AOE cover from tanks are essential as you progress in the game. It's going to be real tough to defeat some of the more recent trials without the utilization of a tank.