1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Aldhafera: A (sloppy) Guide to (barely) Making It [all mission clear]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by matt_b, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. matt_b

matt_b Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fry/Bonus Unit
    All units: Basch, WoL, Ayaka, Eiko, Yan, MS Nichol, VoD, Orlandeau, Agrias, Fry

Phase 1 team, 100-50%: Evade WoL, Ayaka, MS Nichol, Yan, Fry

WoL AoE cover and provoke, Ayaka heal/reraise/dispel, Nichol buff, Yan stat break resist & other things, Fry FFB - also have someone summon an esper (or two) at some point during this phase for the mission clear.

This phase is, I think, entirely physical attacks so full evade aoe phys cover makes it very manageable. The boss buffs his own atk/mag every turn and debuffs your units atk/mag/def/spr every turn. Yan was hugely helpful in this regard. I thought I had 100% evade on WoL but some attacks still hit him...either I miscounted my evade % or the boss has some accuracy; beware. Once the boss gets to 50% hp (not 51, but 50), he will change form and regain all of his health. If you can manage to cross this threshold with a counter you will only have to nuke the boss from 50% hp, as your turn will take priority over the bosses; he will still heal to 100% if you don't kill him in one turn. If you cross it normally he will fully heal and begin phase 2.

Phase 2 team, whittle down: Basch, WoL, Ayaka, MS Nichol, Fry

Basch twilight guard, WoL provoke, Ayaka heal/reraise/dispel, MS Nichol buff, Fry FFB

At phase 2, the boss switches to casting a few elemental aoe mag attacks (earth and lightning I remember, but there may have been others) and some massive st physical attacks. The aoe magic spells imperil your party to that specific element. With Basch covering mag aoe and wol provoking, my units lasted quite a while. If you can manage to keep alive in this way, you can do a good amount of damage to help burst him down. At about 70%, my attempt got off the rails with me not keeping reraise up; at some point my Ayaka, Yan (switched her in when Ayaka died) and MS Nichol all died. Time to nuke!

Phase 2 team, nuke: Basch, Eiko, Agrias, Orlandeau, Fry

Basch armor eraser, Eiko summon Shiva, Agrias divine ruination, Orlandeau divine ruination, Fry FFB

I practiced the timing with the Shiva summon a few times until I got it almost perfect. Despite my best efforts it left the boss with 1% hp. All of those party members died. Oh poop.

Phase 2 team, pleasepleaseplease kill him: VoD, WoL

VoD dark punishment, WoL alterna

Thank the good Lord above my VoD was powerful enough (dual wield, ~760 atk) to take care of the 1%. WoL had RoL so I cast alterna and that got it finished up! All missions present and accounted for.

Hope this helps!

IMG_20180712_155643_01.jpg IMG_20180712_160611_01.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    Scheich and Takumi Kuzuryu like this.
  2. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    165|99
    This is the easiest 10man boss since Sheratan, one shotting it from 100% to 0% on phase 2 makes it "meh no challenging" ;x Grats on clear.

@Scheich to not offtop too much ->
    FD TDH Tidus and DH Camille + Lid maxed LB.
    The point of it being easy is the fact there is no elemental restrictions/ phys or mag damage restrictions... you can pick any dps you want... 2 average DW chainers + esper + Finisher is able to OTKO it too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM
    Scheich likes this.
  3. Scheich

Scheich Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Orlandeau
    What units did u use. I got a lot tmrs and propably very good units but with 10 man trials I tend to fail a lot. This changing concept is not my thing I guess. Normal trials are easier to beat.

4. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BSSakura, Dark Veritas, Eiko
    i'm curious:
    1 does it need to be an elemental chain?
    2 talking about physical chainers only, what should be the basic atk on each?

5. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    nevermind went in with 3 elemental chainers, one dragonlord and a shiva to make sure.

6. Somno

Somno Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    OK, Seph, Olive
    Did all missions on first try after consulting youtube. Didn't level up Sara so brought I Nichol instead.

My team was: I Nichol, CG Nichol, evade WOL, Barba, Kid Rydia, Yuna(with +evo magic), CG Fina, Dragonlord, Mystea
    I brought Ace too but didn't use him.
    Garnet can be used instead of Yuna. Yuna or Ayaka can be used instead of CF Fina.

Make sure WOL, I Nichol and CG Fina and not in the initial set up so that these 3 can be swapped in and revive the dead ally

Phase 1:
    I nichol (AOE cover to WOL)/ CG Nichol (Stats buff and MP regen)
    evade WOL (provoke, break)
    CG Fina (reraise, revive, curaja)
    Barba (dmg dealer)
    Yuna (increase esper gauge for mission and make sure esper gauge is full before transition to phase 2)

Turn before transition to Phase 2 @ 50%: Mystea cover, Nichol (Stats buff), CG Fina (reraise), WOL (provoke)

Phase 2: 1 hit KO
    Nichol (MAG stats boost to all allies and boost to dragonlord)
    Dragon lord (last hit)
    Kid Rydia (tornado chain)
    Barba (tornado chain)
    Yuna (Bahamut summon)

7. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    So you found a way to do it without evade to call it the "easiest" 10 man? Since every other 10 man was way easier, without needing an evade unit.

8. leytachi

leytachi Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    963 524 267
    Leads:
    Onion Knight
    At what hp% on phase 2 to OTKO? Dragonlord + esper finish is sufficient to OTKO from 100%?

9. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    165|99
    This one is too, with reraise it have 3 turns rotation on his one shot skill, with DC reraise its enough + in comparison to previous ones his phase changing threshold is actually the easiest to survive.

And of course there is Sara and Fenrir with emergency AoE mirage.

10. Zilch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Do you know what happens if you bypass multiple thresholds? The first two are skipable belonging to wiki, but what happens if you skip 3 and 4, too? Will he just do his transformation threshold attacks if you shot him down from 100 to 49% immediately?

Edit: Also his physical damage increases over the time. At some point my 800 DEF 14k HP physical tank can't handle it anymore. Think that's the main issue I currently have.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 9:11 AM
  11. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    All in at 70%. 1150 mag with man eater+, 45% break and a 50% fire imperil. Could have probably gone at 100% but since the threshold doesn't mean a full wipe went an extra mile.

12. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, he skips and goes directly into transition. 60 or 70% evasion and zarg as a single reraiser can do the trick.
    Still, if you plan to go 100% to 50% on the first phase you shouldn't lack gear of any sort.

13. Zilch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Tested it. I can prepare everything so I can get him down to the threshold transition at 49%.
    Then I struggle again because my Basch can survive the threshold, Barusa will be reraised and up, one unit will be down.
    Now I have to see what happens in phase 2 to survive enough rounds to get the esper gauge filled again and shot him down.

Maximum evasion on a tank is 45%, Chizuru with 85%. Shortly away from getting her 100% evasion, but I really wanna do that without evasion xD

14. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I feel you, still missing quick assault and the die and that only cause i was lucky getting a random rico from the 10+1 ticket.

Keep in mind that the wing suit (jc raid) resets on every reraise, so its one guaranteed miss. Also, as kurisu said, sara can save you on the thresholds .
    I wonder though, with dispel and breaks my wol was getting hit hard only by the move with high hit number. The others were less than 600 hp if i remember right, and he was geared for hp and evasion not defense.

About the second part, if you happen to have lexa and barbie and get both at 1100 mag, and buff them you just need to cast double alterna from rotl on another 1100ish mage you are good to go::rudecat6::

15. Zilch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Well here's the thing: My WoL takes 200 DMG per normal hit, but covers occasionally so Sara for thresholds will not work with WoL as long as WoL is not 100% evade because he takes all the damage and dies. Later he dies to that and then snap gots him, so I have to raise him again and can't get a reraise on him right after. Later he dies to the aoe attack, gets reraised, snapped, and another unit will get snapped. Big issue here. But later on the damage keeps growing because the attacks will get stronger. His multi-hit physical damage attack (something with claws I think) will do 600 HP dmg per hit. At some point WoL can't take it anymore and just dies. My WoL is pretty strong (got most likely BiS for physical tanks), but later on he just can't survive.
    The next problem is: You are constantly healing with your healer, you can't get up reraise on every unit all the time. The struggle starts as soon as you need to raise a unit every turn etc etc.
    So you are constantly: Putting up provoke on WoL - healing with a healer/raising - buffing - breaking - filling esper gauge to get the esper ready. As soon as another unit besides WoL dies it's game over, most likely.

I got both, but not at 1,1k MAG. Barbie has 1,2k mag but Lexa isn't potted so she's somewhere about 900 to 1k. Having a third mage with 1,1k MAG is impossible for me.
    And, erm, if I could cast 2x Alterna would mean I would have 2x ROTL meaning I could make an evade unit or high evade unit anyways ;) I don't own Noctis, he evades me ;P

So yeah, currently I'm trying to figure out a way to do it. And to find a way getting my Basch to 130% elemental resistance so I can handle the 70% debuff and still taking no damage xD

16. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    165|99
    But you shouldnt do Esper mission on 2nd phase, do all missions on first phase, then just burst him on 2nd phase.

17. Zilch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Using an Esper is part of bursting him phase 2 ;) Don't own Dragonlord, dunno which other finisher is compareable to him to cap a chain strong enough for a OTKO

18. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Just teasing you, didn't think you were near though. My bss is stuck at 1.1k and that's the max i can reach::rudecat4::

One big question: what units do you have at disposal? To be more specific healers and supporters. As finisher any physical one with killer materia is gold.

This is was my set up and if you have something similar it should work like a charm: wol only aoe cover, zargabaath reraise only, cg nichol dispel (yeah, just that. Don't judge me), ramza 60%atk break.
    Hip hip for the 3 supports. The fifth slot was for eiko to fill summon gauge, bare emperor for a 50% fire imperil and dragonlord to reach 50%.
    Since i wasn't doing any damage prior 60% zargabaath could reraise 2 more units, didn't need to heal party once, even when eiko was there.
    I know it's a full 5* base but they can be swapped with some cheap alternative (ex garnet, tim or meliadoul)

19. Zilch

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    Which means your WoL is 100% evade right? Since you didn't need to heal you could do other stuff instead.

With an evade unit I wouldn't have any trouble. The trouble comes with the needs of healing every turn. Either I get a 100% evade unit or I wait until Rynal has his video up for some inspiration ;)

I got plenty of units, just none evade until tomorrow when I can get Chizuru to 100% evade/100% provoke. Then I can do it with ease because I can withstand the physical damage.

The best I can currently do is getting him into phase 2. After that I couldn't hold, fked it up somewhere so he deleted my team at turn 2 of phase 2 with his normal physical damage. Turn 1 was needed to get everything up again because his physical attacks killed my tank twice and after that, unfortunately, one of my important units (barb). Turn 2 he just destroyed my Basch and after that my Barusa (who couldn't have reraise on) and after that my whole team XD

It's late now and need to work tomorrow, but either I do it with 100% or take the challenge and try it without.

20. Sliferel

Sliferel Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nope, 60/65% guess I was lucky both times with rng and him having 400 atk after breaks helps a lot...

Well if you fail with chizu 2 weeks and we can stomp whatever comes out way with the sparkling 7s::bard::

Zilch likes this.