1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Alexander 2* hints

Discussion in 'Guides' started by god.nomad, Aug 30, 2018.

1. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Since no one posted anything here, i would share my experience.
    At the first try, i used mag tank and at some point utterly failed.
    Looked at YT for vids and found a video from Sinzar for Alexander.

To cut it short you need:

-Phy cover evade tank, ideally WOL since he have innate 100% light resistance and you can put any esper on him.

-All units should have at least 70% light resistance. I had about 80% and it did great.
    Light resistance could be boosted by Alexander or Carbunkle esper.
    Not sure for other gear since i used two Rainbow robes from Marie and true haydelin guards for 15% all res. If you by any chance have strong VOL, it would be very helpful since she absorbs light attacks.

-You need additional light resistance buffer since Alex will break your resistance.

-Dmg mitigation buff could be very helpful. I had MS Nichol who did plenty of that jobs at once. (Buffs, dmg-mitg, mp-battery, res-buff, three water dmg, side healing)

-Demand on healer wasnt that high for me. Someone as Rosa would be probably enough.

-I had BSS and VOL as dmg dealer. Since my VOL was crappy, i didnt see much effect from her. BSS shines for this trial.

I had also second Ayaka as friend unit for additional turteling but it wasnt needed at all.
    Technically WOL, BSS, AYAKA and MS Nichol would be enough for this trial.
    Since my units compress plenty jobs, add a fifth spot as you please for fitting all roles.

I hope that this helps.
    Happy playing and lucky pulling.

S1eww, Hypoluxo, danacol and 5 others like this.
  2. Fluke

Fluke Well-Known Member

In my case, I did not bring physical tank but my 7* Ramza provided 60% break and everyone seemed to be fine.
    my team was Ramza, LM Fina, Fryevia, Reagan (both for ice chaining) and a friend A.Rain (not sure his build but not fully light resistance and he never died all the fight).
    The key challenge was the boss was immense to both physical and magical attacks for some time before the effect wore off (not sure this mechanism though).

Edit 1: note that the immense cannot be dispelled.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    god.nomad likes this.
  3. encelor

encelor Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zargabaath and 2B or event unit
    i used a magic cover tank with 150% light res and made cg fina a provoker fina's counter heals works wonders and a full breaker,i didn't know what to use for alexander but it was pretty easy with this setup :P

Scheich, god.nomad and Ardhes like this.
  4. Xshock

Xshock Fryevia Big Fan ! VIP

Is he have pre-em attack ?

god.nomad likes this.
  5. Galadraw

Galadraw Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I went in blind. Basch mag cover, CG Nichol for water damage, Olive 7* and 2 Barbies.
    I realized he does light damage so I used Nichols buffs to negate some of it. In the end, all I did was wait for several turns for his resistances to drop.

EDIT: oh yea, and he is breakable ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR, so try to keep his ATK/MAG debuffed for when he dispels you and bombards you with divine judgement.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    god.nomad likes this.
  6. Renko

Renko "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    idk lmao fuck
    i used a mag cover tank with 50% breaks, you mainly want ATK breaks to survive but the offensive ones are nice too

god.nomad likes this.
  7. Stavros

Stavros Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, mRamza, Nyx
    140ish
    Ms nichol duality stance boost light and dark resistance by 70% for three turns.
    I found this very helpful too...

god.nomad likes this.
  8. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Fire Hyoh or bonus unit
    Magic cover Basch equiped with Alexander did the trick for me. Zarg helped too, with buffs and draw attack - no provoke, I gave him Leviathan for the water mission. Eiko is great here, to remove Def/Spr breaks.

S1eww and god.nomad like this.
  9. Thesuperultra

Thesuperultra Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren, A.Rain
    wait is this for jp or gl ive not been playing much

god.nomad likes this.
  10. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Global.
    We just got Alexander recently and he goes up to 2* atm.

11. DanM

DanM Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    7Hyoh 7TT 7Olive 7DL 7Fry
    HT Lid break + mp recovery + water weapon, MS nichol buff stats + light resistance + hp/mp regen, 2 chainer with dark weapons (in my case Tidus + Lightning, but any chainer works), Olives 7 with dark weapon as finisher + LB mission. When his phys/magic resistance goes down, he die ::haha::
    Edit: in my case, all light resistance was with patriotic recall or esper, so 30% or 50% or maybe 60%

god.nomad likes this.
  12. Celtacross

Celtacross Well-Known Member

Done it. Warrior of Light and fully enchanted Veritas of Light can do the job quite well, with WOL focused on survival and heavy resistance, and VOL keep using attack that reduce light resistance and saint buster. the rest is MS Nichole, Maxwell and HT Lid, but about halfway they fall,leaving only VOL and WOL alone. Putting both mana regenerator to both, and Mechanical Heart to WOL, keep them up, so while VOL attacking, WOL is debuffing and buffing.

god.nomad likes this.
  13. Macphistofly

Macphistofly Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Orlandeau, A. Rain, Bonus Units
    i ran 2 star with

Warr of Light [Golem]:

Breath of Rose, Zodiac Escutcheon, Microchu Cap, Assass vest, RoL, 20 sided, Time Mach Secrets, Turbulent evasion, True Spir of freedom, Spirit of Freedom.

Celes [Alexander 1*]:

Crimson Saber, Lustrous Shield, Frozen Crown, Cloud's Uni, Fairy's scrunchie, Arsha's Tallisman, Hydaelyn Guard, Motherly Love, Distraction x 2

Lightning 7* lvl 113 [Titan 3*]:

Brotherhood, Masamune, prische's hairpin, guide clothes, alexandrite Ring, Sorc cape, True Hydaelyn Guard x 2, Hydaelyn Guard x 2

Tidus[Ifrit 3*]:

Aqua Blade, Onion Sword, white mask, Sephiroth's Longcoat, Millie's charm x 2, Croft's Intuition, Hydaelyn Guard x 3

Lotus Mage Fina[Carbuncle 2*]:

Staff of Osirus, Elven Staff, Cat-ear hood, Sun Robe, Force Armlet, Rico's Wingsuit, Awesome Swordsman, Barrier Mage's Oath, Adventurer V, Melody of Life

Took me 35 turns because Sealing blade wasn't silencing the dispel on my team early on so i had to keep recovering from deaths. somewhere around 50% it was actually working though and then it was easy.

Just did a rotatation on WoL with Light is with us > guard > full break, celes would use Sealing Blade on turns 3, 6, 9... and fina rotated Divine veil > Shining cheer > Manatopia. Tidus and Lightning did Quick hit / Endless Army chaining except for when i needed to cast a Blitz mania to keep Lightning with mana.

Funnily enough at 4% Tidus's Limit didn't kill Alexander but Celes did with her whole 221 attack >_<

god.nomad likes this.
  14. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    It was pretty easy to be honest. One try for finding out that you need physical cover instead of magical cover, the rest was easy.
    100% light resistance on everybody -> even with his imperil I never took much damage
    Basch with physical cover and 100%+ light resistance didn't get a scratch, so evade isn't needed for this. When he was imperiled he did get some damage, but it was very low.

These two things were all needed. The rest was normal: healing, buffing/breaking, damage if possible.

With that you can just turtle it out getting all missions done and chipping his HP away with dark/water damage.

god.nomad likes this.
  15. S1eww

S1eww PmL0rd VIP Supporter

You equipped Alexander while fighting Alexander?
    F423CCAF-9E69-4A37-A7F3-3161AC6D1EC1.jpeg

Sustainer and god.nomad like this.
  16. Scheich

Scheich Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Did nearly the same. With over 200 light resistance my A Rain never took more than 2k dmg every other round. Mostly just none xD He could easily kill him solo with his counters. Just takes a long time xD Auto battle over the night maybe? ;)

Never realized that I’d need phys Cover. Worked fine with magic cover and provoke on A Rain.

god.nomad likes this.
  17. Stavros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, mRamza, Nyx
    140ish
    For people struggling to gear, the new armour from the exploration on friday has +50% light resist.

Scheich and god.nomad like this.
  18. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Also Angel Wand (Staff) has +20% light resistance. And then there is the lustrous shield with 50%.

god.nomad likes this.
  19. Stavros

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, mRamza, Nyx
    140ish
    I geared Mystea with lustrous and Alexander (100 light res) then some random bits.
    Ms Nichol for light buff. I was never in much danger.
    BS Sakura, build stacks, wait for res to drop.
    BSS was my only DD.

CG Lid, MS Nichol, BSS, LM Fina, Chow, Non Evade wol.

god.nomad likes this.
  20. Scheich

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    He‘s one of the easier 2* Battles. I assume his 3* will be more challenging due to his AoE Dispel. Like Diabolos.

god.nomad likes this.