1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Am I out of luck?

Discussion in 'General' started by RickFish, Jan 9, 2019.

1. RickFish

RickFish Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I've been having problems with my FFBE for the past day or so; after loading, I'm given just a black screen. I thought maybe the problem was on my end, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now, the game is asking for me to name my character, it's talking about running through the tutorial, etc. I have spent almost 200 hours on this game and I'm almost done with Season 1... did uninstalling the game mean that I just shot myself in the foot and lost all that freaking progress? All those units, all my lapis, everything?? Please tell me that this is not the case, because I don't think I could take restarting from scratch.

2. Bobzitto

Bobzitto Member

There is a button in the login screen to recover the data...maybe that works?

3. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    170s
    You should have an account through facebook or google. I think you have to. Did you try logging in that way? When I forget to hit the facebook button, it also asks me to name the character, then I reset and login via facebook

4. RickFish

Global ID:
    I linked my account to my Facebook shortly after I started playing the game; I logged into my account on the title screen, and I even clicked the "Restore" button to prompt the game to redownload all files and DLC, but I am still prompted to enter a new character name when I try to play. I don't want to actually enter a name in case that might overwrite my data if it still exists somewhere.

5. Isaac

Isaac Ascended Member

Global ID:
    702 220 272
    Leads:
    7 Esther, Ely, Cid, Kurasame, Hyou
    170s
    but you must have linked to something when you played the game for the very first time. maybe gmail?

6. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hey Rick,

Without seeing it, you should see a login with Facebook icon which should take you to a semi long update screen.

That should do the trick. If it’s still funky, force quit (do not uninstall) the app and try again

7. RickFish

Global ID:
    I've logged into Facebook with the button on the title screen, gone through the lengthy update, and am still prompted to go through the tutorial. I am asked if I want to download during the tutorial or after the tutorial; I am not given any options to skip it, which leads me to believe the game thinks this is a new account. At least, that's what I would assume... if it pulled up my game data, one would imagine it would know the account wasn't new and wouldn't show the tutorial at all.

8. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    This happens from time-to-time. Sometimes I have to uninstall FFBE and reinstall. Start from scratch (the app, not ur account).When u get the title screen, hit that FB button and log in. It should take u right back to the game.

The last time it happens to me nothing would fix it until I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Then it was fine

9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Sophia/Beatrix/Esther/Sylvie
    Calm down. If you already have linked the game with Facebook account, all you have to do is log in to your facebook account in-game again. That "Restore" button is actually restoring the game files, in case some is corrupted.

10. Stavros

Stavros Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Many
    150ish
    If you are having real trouble then support should be able to help, if you have receipts for purchases.

11. RandomMan

RandomMan Ascended Member

Global ID:
    If anything you can try downloading the game on a different device and login with Facebook. If that works it just means you data is corrupted and you'll have to delete the entire app. As long as your data is still linked to a social media account you should be fine.

12. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Hold off for a few hours. Sometimes it is glitchy. As long as the first account is def linked to FB, you should be fine.

Same thing happened to me a few months back and I had the same reaction you are having now. The tutorial won’t save over your fb account unless you specifically link your fb account to tho new one

13. RickFish

Global ID:
    I think maybe I have found a solution... I did submit a ticket to support, but their response might be moot at this point. I checked some information within the game itself, and it recommended uninstalling the game, reinstalling, playing it from scratch (as in NOT using the Facebook login button on the title screen), completing the tutorial, and once the tutorial is finished, THEN log into Facebook through the Menu. I am hopeful that this will work, but regardless will post an update in a few moments once I've actually tried it for myself.

Edit: This did NOT work. Going by what the game itself told me to do, I now have attached my Facebook account to a rank 2 account with only Rain, Lasswell, and Ashe. That is exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen. So, thanks game for possibly ruining my progress and deleting over 50k lapis. I guess at this point I have no other option than to wait for a response from Support and see what they say can be done.

By the way, I know sometimes I don't communicate what I mean properly... I was in no way blaming the people of this wonderful community, I was simply irked at the game for apparently giving me incorrect information and possibly destroying my account. Everyone that has replied in this thread and participates in this community is wonderful, so I really hope nobody here thought I was blaming them.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  14. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

Sometimes the game bugs and links multiple accounts to Facebook. It has happened multiple times that people have posted here over the years and customer service has fixed it with no problems. Only one time, that we know of, did they have a problem restoring the correct account and that person was compensated well for the issue.

15. Stavros

Stavros Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Many
    150ish
    Stop being mean. Op is obviously upset about his account.
    If you lost your account with 50k lapis you’d be pretty pissed off.
    There’s no need to add salt to his problems.
    @RickFish good luck!
    @Just Marty play nice bro!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2019
    Galuf the Dwarf and bwnyc like this.
  16. bwnyc

bwnyc "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Esther, Lilith, 2B
  17. RickFish

Global ID:
    As of a few moments ago, I have been able to retrieve my account and I am back in the game. I missed a bit of login rewards, event things, expeditions, etc., but I'm just happy to have my account back. I will gladly accept those losses knowing that I don't have to start from scratch.

Aricin, bwnyc, Cylian and 4 others like this.
  18. VexHaus

VexHaus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Judging by the date of your first post, looks like you've been out for about 4-ish days or so. Is this correct? If so, then you're probably missing out on about 6 EX tickets and 1000 lapis from New Year's login bonuses, and you'll likely be missing out on the 5* EX ticket at the end of the month (if you've only missed 3 days, then I think you should still get the 5* EX ticket at the end of the month if you don't miss any other days logging in from here to January 31). You've also missed, I think, one day of the Vault of Hidden Treasures.

Probably a good thing that the bulk of your missed days occurred during the tail end of a dead week plus some of the more middling New Year's rewards (I think you're just in time for the 5* EX ticket from New Year's login bonuses, like, tomorrow maybe?). Glad to see things otherwise worked out for you in the end! ::up::

19. RickFish

Global ID:
    Dang, that's a lot of EX tickets I missed out on, so that's quite unfortunate. And missing the 5* ticket is a huge loss. I've been trying to cash in all my raid tokens, so I currently have a ridiculous amount of units over my allotted amount (I think I'm 500+ with a limit of 300) so I need to start summoning units to use these copious EXP units on, so those EX tickets would really have come in handy. Man, I didn't realize how far behind I could get in just a handful of days. But I am very happy to be able to play again, I appreciate everyone's responses and support in this thread as always. Stay awesome, and thank you everyone.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  20. VexHaus

VexHaus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Have you sold all your gil snappers and merged/enhanced all your cactuars to save unit space yet? Assuming you don't get a single great or amazing success while enhancing your cactuars with other cactuars, one single king minituar can take up to 44 other king minituars to max out at level 60 (4.5 million XP stacked into a single enhancement unit). You're probably already aware of that trick, but just in case, it never hurts to mention it! I went for the first two months or so of playing this game blithely unaware of that so I was always cramped for unit space after cashing out on raid events