1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Another thing Kryla is amazing for (maybe)

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Skye, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I started to use Kryla in the arena pretty much by accident a while ago and I never looked back, honestly. (I think I was initially chaining CW with her or something.)

1) She has a 30-cryst LB that does AoE 100% Stop (plus ailments), and is 60 hits so pretty much guarantees filling all LB gauges as well as the EVO gauge. She only has 100% fillrate buff innately, though this is where Prompto's free TMR does wonders. A lot of annoying Arena trolls (like Lilith) are not innately immune to stop. LB use is never banned.

2) She has a DC-able AoE dispel for the opposing team (get rid of reraise, resistance buffs), as well as another one for the player's team (get rid of stop, charm). She is not innately immune to these ailments though, I solved this with Edel STMR and A.Locke TMR. Her dispels are never banned.

3) She is super bulky. 25k+ HP is not hard to achieve with her, making all those 4-5 CG protagonist teams manageable. Optionally you can do full-evade with her, though don't waste slots on auto-provoke, as it doesn't work in Arena.

Now, as she doesn't have good heals and Raise, it's still best to use someone in your team who can handle that, I think the best one is Eiko because she combines healer with summoner and has stop removal. But if you run units who can cover that - like Terra - you can drop the healer completely.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. Omega.Prime

Omega.Prime Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AK Rain/XWQL/Bonus
    Damn arena cancer! Every time I encounter a team with her and they make it to turn 2, I need to give up the damn fight or hope someone is still up after 10 turns of nightmarish gingerbread cookies. :mad:

Jubilate and Seven like this.
  3. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oh. She that bad? I never thought about it...

But she doesn't heal, can't you just deal damage to her?

Seven likes this.
  4. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    Ayaka still solves all in arena. Even Aerith, but Ayaka is better for dealing with this. If you can give your ayaka 25K hp, she usually survives everything and brings the team back to life.

Seven and Omega.Prime like this.
  5. Omega.Prime

Omega.Prime Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    AK Rain/XWQL/Bonus
    Sadly, after almost 3 years, still no Ayaka. Maybe I'll look at Aerith then to see if I can fit her on the team somehow. I'm usually running 2 Malphs, Rem, Seabreeze Dark Fina and bonus unit.

Seven likes this.
  6. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kryla is slightly different, strictly looking you could say she is there for the 100% AoE stop.

I used Ayaka in the past, for me Eiko was an upgrade because she is also useful when there's no healing needed, by being able to summon Odin a second time. Also, I upgraded Ayaka's Stop Detach, and - surprise, surprise - it's now impacted by the "buff" ban. :(

Seven likes this.
  7. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Kryla is always in my team when Esthers BS is not allowed and i have to revert to AR chains. Everybody (with higher than 22k HP depending on the bonus unit) stopped, some poisoined or diseased or blinded/sleep even. (I think maybe even noticed a petrify once)

Crazy full evade 19k HP (I am probably a troll without knowing)

Seven likes this.
  8. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    Im saying to combat Kryla and her shenanigans, lol. Ayaka LB cleans everything. And her one CD Purify+ also clears Stop

Seven likes this.
  9. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    That's why Ayaka is still on my arena team. I don't have quite 25k hp but it's almost always enough for her to survive and if it isn't then i don't really care cause the arena sucks anyway. ::rofl::

BigNBald5 likes this.
  10. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    the 10 arena per day gets a lot of resources. Dont underestimate how much you are missing by not playing it (if you do skip it). 450 trust coins and 1200 lapis month are pretty significant

Kaladin likes this.
  11. TheDude74

TheDude74 King of Figaro VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL, Quistis, Edward, Elena, AWoL
    Yeah when I am not paying close enough attention in Arena and a Kryla drops her LB it ruins my team lol

But that is what I get for how I have my team set up :-P

12. Kaladin

Global ID:
    I meant it doesn't matter if you lose or win. you still get the free stuff ;)
    I have 2 teams for the arena. one team set up if there is a daily mission to win in the arena and another team with a single auto-suicide unit for quickly getting the free crap :D

BigNBald5 likes this.
  13. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    wow ayaka still making arena teams

14. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

You can use Phoenix or Lakshmi on her for that if you expect her to survive some evil lilith countering.

For me I prefer triple aoe SR chaining the enemy team to death, one bonus unit, one healer in case of kryla (!) and be done in one turn.

15. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Ditch Rem or SB DF for Aerith. Give Aerith Dualcast and ROL (if you have oldschool Noctis). You can then DC Alterna with her to cap your Malph chains, which will help you clear out more teams on turn 1 and then you’ll never have to fear stop again.

Omega.Prime likes this.
  16. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    her LB is 60 hits.

17. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You're right, typo. ::up::

18. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
    I use Kryla as a counter to all the Liliths and Lucas.

Then the rest of my team are Liliths and Lucas... ::ink::

19. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I wonder what's the plural form of "Lucas"? Is it "Lucases" or maybe "Luci"? ;)

Anyway another advantage of Kryla is that she's not that much of a troll. She doesn't have any counters, her damage in the Arena is lowish, what she does is mainly ailments that you anyway want to be immune to, and stop that's again something you want to be prepared for. The LB cryst and EVO orb generation is also not new. :cool:

20. Kaladin

Global ID:
    I'll just leave this here then: ::ink::
    [​IMG]

Rafster and Chrizz like this.