1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Anyone else having fun with Mordegon?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by AgriasOaks21, Oct 11, 2019.

1. AgriasOaks21

AgriasOaks21 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mordegon, Sieghard, Fei, Event
    I know I know... "Mages suck" and Mordy isn't exactly re-inventing the wheel or anything.

But I like mages, and also goofy "classic villain" types and he's got a fun design. And his kit and stats aren't exactly a slouch either (I STMRd him and he's sitting at about 32k Mag, blowing past my previous high of around 26k in a primary stat for an attacker).

His kit has some fun things too! Kafuddle is a nice source of breaks in a pinch or if you don't have anything else available. He's also four elements to contribute when clearing mission requirements. Also Christine's new best chaining buddy!

I also suspect that GUMI might try to make AZ frames more of a "thing" in the future since one of the few things they've been doing a good job of is increasing the variety and and viability of different chaining families.

AustinValentine, Mcleod and Jasper like this.
  2. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

[​IMG]

Khidir, Masvroh, wardaddy and 4 others like this.
  3. Vodka

Vodka Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    329 090 027
    Leads:
    A bunch of pixels with big ATK number
    Number
    [​IMG]

AgriasOaks21 likes this.
  4. AgriasOaks21

Global ID:
    Leads:

Mage nerd 'till I die. Gonna ride this mage train into the sun.

Khidir, Eynskaet and Ferax like this.
  5. GoodBoorger

This is actually a bad thing. Especially for content like Tower and Dark Visions that ask for units of your own and you can't use dupes.
    I don't know why people keeps looking this as if it was a good thing when it's actually worse.
    Since JP changed mages frames to MC, i can't no longer use my Y'shtola (with 6 elemental cw) to chain with Shantotto or any of the new mages.
    This already limits the amount of units i can use for magic stages, meaning that i will also have to pull for more units of said role with said frames.

I have CG Shantotto, if she had CW frames, i could have used her to chain with Sol/Xande for dark magic stages, but now i can't because Shantotto has totally diferent frames, now i need to look another MC chainer that also shares element with Shantotto and it's pretty expensive.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  6. AgriasOaks21

Global ID:
    Leads:
    This is... the absolute opposite of my experience. Ever since the expansion of chaining families and inclusion of more units with multiple chaining families, I have had a much, *much* easier time building chaining partners into a five-man team without reliance on the friend list. /shrug

7. GoodBoorger

Trying to wonder how.
    If 10 mages had CW, those are 10 options to chain with that you can mix. Which means old mages will be able to chain with new mages.
    If there is 4 mages with CW, 3 AZ and 3 with BS, your options to chain are much more limited.

Being able to use Kimono Fina to chain with Kefka, but also with Gentiana in the future, means that you can keep using your Kimono Fina with other future mages and means that you'll have two options to chain with against contest that requires no dupe. If Gumi keeps this trend, Kimono Fina is going to be CW where as Gentiana will be AZ or Tornado, meaning your options once again are much more limited.

An universal chain family is not a bad thing and i'm not sure why people thinks of variety of chains is good when in reality it doesn't change anything. SR, BS, HE or AT, you'll still just tap the two at the same time in an attempt to get sparky chains to increase your damage.
    It just makes thing harder (and more expensive) for no good reason.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Masvroh likes this.
  8. Jasper

Jasper Lilith is love. Lilith is life. VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Mordy is working nicely for me. He is the first mage I’ve gotten to over 3k magic (I STMR’d him, too. No regrets!)

Once the castle comes back around I need to try and get some good enhancements on his staff.

709A1D5B-F523-4CB0-8AD6-71F18A9687B8.jpeg D6F114EA-FCE9-4589-816B-3F8974C4C6B5.jpeg

The only downside is he isn’t fully status immune... but I can swap out Shiva’s Tiara for Hairpin of Purity, if I need it.

AgriasOaks21 likes this.
  9. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    My alt has Mordegon for best mage but is having a hard time finding dupes. Still working on gear, but it’s coming along.

So, feel free to add! 321,305,660

AgriasOaks21 likes this.
  10. AgriasOaks21

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nice!

Yeah, I'm far from an optimizer, but it's hard to not get that little dopamine hit from blasting through the 3k threshold.

I'm itching to put his staff through the castle as well! I've got him TDW (one of the few instances of good foresight I've had with this game was STMRing Charlotte when we got the freebie GLEX unit). If I can get about 25% Mag on his staff, I can swap out one of his materia for Dodge Roll and he'll be pretty decently bulky for an evil wizard.

Jasper likes this.
  11. AgriasOaks21

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sent!

12. Tumalu

Tumalu Ascended Member

That is nothing.

All hail to the Ori or perish. Hallowed are the Ori!!!
    [​IMG]

13. Fayt

Fayt Well-Known Member

14. Tumalu

Tumalu Ascended Member

Haha he must have been too high with his Mordegon ;-)

Of course you and I can guess he must've meant 3.2K mag.

AgriasOaks21 likes this.
  15. AgriasOaks21

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah, sorry, missed the period. 3.2k Mag.