1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Are there games with worse Gacha than FFBE?

Discussion in 'General' started by Arekusu, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Honest question. Only Gacha I’ve played besides this is SO:A. That game is incredibly generous compared to this. The summon rates are better, the gems are handed to you in droves, you don’t need dupes of chars.

As a F2P I’m really, really feeling the pressure in FFBE nowadays. Since Xmas, we’ve had what, 4-5 really good banners, most time limited.

As a F2P you can pick like 1 out of all these to legitimately pull on, and even then you’re not guaranteed a damn thing. I managed a Jecht, Sophia, and Folka 7* out of allll these banners and got basically nothing else, have to flat-out skip this banner.

I’m feeling like all this stuff is being flaunted in my face and I can’t have any if it lol. And if I were to spend, it’s HUNDREDS of dollars to do a few step ups on just 1 of these banners.

Has me worried that this game might be in trouble. The lapis prices, in conjunction with the abysmal rainbow rates, in conjunction with the ever expanding “troll” pool, in conjunction with needing 2 specific units to 7*, in conjunction with split 2/3 way banners, in conjunction with crazy off banner rates is getting out of hand.

It’s kind of the reason I quit the first time around, then I came back in April or so last year, now I’m running out of steam again. Exhausting.

Aaaanyways.... Other Gacha games this bad? Is this par for the course for these kind of games?

2. Riran

Riran "Hall of Fame" Member

Dissidia Opera Omnia
    Has 10% rate
    9+1 summon garanties atleast 1
    Lapis/Diamond rate 10k lapis to 30k diamonds

Seven likes this.
  3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke IA! IA! Yes We Can (be eaten first) VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Cid Folka Barbi Fina Sieg Chow
    Volfan4life87 and RaagisEd like this.
  4. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Dragalia rates felt much worse to me. The saving grace was that rainbows aren’t critical.

Seven likes this.
  5. Xacques

Xacques Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    Although some 3* are on par with 5*, Epic 7 is just plain ass. The artifacts are included in the summoning pool. You got a gold summon?! Too, bad its just an artifact

Nimbus3, Giovanni, bb1180 and 3 others like this.
  6. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Out of all units released over the last 6 months, not a single one of them was mandatory. The only unit that wasn't a wallet trap was Folka, because her kit will be super useful in the future (maaaybe Sieg too). Other than that, the last really impactful banner was Hyoh/ARain one. Why pull for 2B when Hyoh can defeat the same trials? Why pull for christmas units when ARain + Loren is just as good for actual content as WKN and Kryla? You know, stuff like that.

Just because Gimu gives you a ton of new banners, doesn't mean you should pull on them. The drop rates might be bad, but if you save for units that actually matter, it won't be a problem. And even if you're very unlucky, spend tons of resources and only grab 1 copy.. well, that's what UoC tickets are for.

My gambling addiction kicks in sometimes and I waste resources when I shouldn't, but that's my fault and not Gumi's.

I remember in SWGOH when you pull a character, he's pretty much useless before 7 star. And to get those stars after the char is released, you have to spend money, which is like.. around 300$ per character. So coming from that game, I consider Gumi to be pretty effing fair.

7. Kuuro

Kuuro Weebl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Jecht
    Naruto Blazing is pretty ass sometimes. You do a multi and get 4 golds but 3 of them are fake golds. Fake golds are like what FFBE use to do when a rainbow crystal would drop only to open as a 5* Lenna or something.

8. Riran

True you dont need to pull on every good looking banner!
    But seeing umbra's statement on the new trials or alim giving out compensations (reason trials to hard) is meh.

Next steps for global:
    Must use 7 stars (doable for most)
    Need heavy Element tmrs (getting harder)
    Need STMRs (super hard)
    Need specific units (result compensation)

9. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2 and soon Sephiroth
    I'm sure there are worse games however I have almost all the confidence in the world that ffbe is not that much better than them

10. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Not entirely accurate, but I understand what you’re trying to say.

There are ppl that blow 75k lapis and 100 tix on a banner and not get what they want. That’s like 4-5 months worth of saving.

Tamamo05, Cylian and Ferax like this.
  11. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Lol I remember the days of getting a Rainbow and it was a 5* Refia lol. With a 1% rate no doubt.

Beelzeboss, SummonerBWM and Kuuro like this.
  12. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

That is where uoc can be used
    Look at jp side, no limited time banner unit is needed to beat (or cheese) the trial. You can fokus only in pulling for non limited unit and only for the role you are lacking then focus on getting only one and use uoc for another one

13. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Yeah I know, terrible luck can happen, but that's not very common. 11k step-ups are the most prone to bad luck because you can only run them once for some reason :(

14. Riran

And thats why people cant beat the trials anymore?
    Dont get me wrong but alim giving out compensation for to hard trials should says enough.

15. Seto

Seto Ascended Member Supporter

Out of all the gacha’s I've played ffbe is the only one that I’ve stuck with.

Ff opera omnia, ffrk, dbz dokkan battle, & alchemist code.

All of these games lost their appeal super fast. One thing they had similar was 5* or equivalent (ssr’s for dokkan battle) came easily. (Most had a gaurenteed 5* in the 10+1 pulls.

I think that removed the appeal for the game because there was nothing to aim for.

16. TwinDragons

TwinDragons Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2 and soon Sephiroth
    If you're interested in trying something new, try playing DBZ Legends. It's an amazing game where skill in almost all scenarios matter more than your units. It is a gacha game and it's amazing imo. It is pretty damn generous and the step ups there are SOOOO much better than ffbe. Infinitely better. Only downside is that they don't come too often as of now. It's not even a year old yet but if I were you, I would not join just yet... So if you're interested, let me know and I'll tell you when is a good time to join. As of right now, you won't be able to pull very many good units which yes does not matter more than skill, but it's definitely still mandatory to have at least a few power characters

17. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

Oh, i'm sorry. i don't know about that
    But gumi have tendency to slow down the trial until it was powercrept
    Let's hope we don't experience what jp player does

18. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Indeed. I hoarded for months for Hyoh and Sieghard, and got not a single copy of either. The rates are truly atrocious. Saving for months to try to lock down the important meta units guarantees nothing.

19. Seto

Seto Ascended Member Supporter

Thanks for the suggestions, ive already considered it. downloaded the game on day one just never actually started playing it past the tutorial. Also started another eden but same situation. Ill take another look when i need more time lol.

TwinDragons likes this.
  20. Saiga

Saiga Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Only gacha worse than ffbe that I know of is called life.

Pheobe, Alucardsoma, IvaNL and 8 others like this.