1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman1115

Jman1115 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    Aileen
    What world do you even live in that this game is super simple compared to other final fantasies? In other final fantasies you literally walk through the game, but new items at new towns to that you are exposed to in a linear order to power up your team to beat the next boss. There are also secret items hidden about here and there that you can find. You can literally beat other final fantasies games without researching a damn thing. The interactions that abliities and items and spells have in this game and the shear amount of characters and team combinations alone push this game's complexity well beyond any other final fantasy where your team combos and synergies are all picked for you and laid out rather simply.

Candy Crush is a casual game. Why? Because the concept is ridiculously simple. People don't need to research candy crush to understand the in game mechanics, the crazy amount of items and how they interact with each other, the damage formulas in an effort to understand what stat best benefits your unit, etc. You simply play this game where you match up like colors.

THAT is what casual fans are after, THOSE are the type of people who MIGHT download this game and then drop it when they realize you have to actually think about what you are doing. There is nothing enjoyable about this game on a casual level because you aren't accomplishing anything. Casual players like to do simple things and get rewarded for it. Casual players would get frustrated very quickly about the RNG factors and the fact that they will be unable to beat any of the major events because they will too overwhelmed with the number of characters, abilities and how they interact etc to actually put together a competitive team. NOT being competitive literally offers you nothing in this game that will warrant them playing for very long and the only chance for any of these people to pay the ridiculous amounts of money Gumi wants for lapis is if they find a way to hook these people. There is no hook for them. There are hundreds of other mobile games that require 0 thinking to pick up and play and have way more of a hook.

Them no being educated on video games in no way says they won't realize they are being ripped off. Fact is that there are hundreds of other games out there CATERED to them and they know what those games look like. This will stick out like a soar thumb. Not to mention most of them are very put off by fantasy universes.

If you need to believe that this move is going to land a bunch of new players, enjoy our delusion. This move, plain and simple, was an up front money maker for Gumi. Arianna Grande paid THEM for the easy PR to millions of people. You take her music and remix it to appeal to the millions of players in this game and suddenly you have several million people googling her. I didn't even know who she was prior to this and instantly listened to a few songs on Spotify to figure it out. She just won.

2. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    @Jman1115
    Lmao..... Ariana didn't pay them.

She's too famous to even bother attempting advertising on an app game of only 9 million players when she can easily just make a post on her own instagram of 90+ million followers.

Its Brave Exvius that benefits more from this, not Ari.
    Its Brave Exvius that needs more users to buy more lapis.
    Your view on a lot of this is just skewed.

And we could endlessly argue until we're both blue in the face about if this is a "casual" game or not.
    But I want you to remember that the types of people on this forum and on the ffbe reddit who take this game very seriously are actually a VERY vast minority of the overall player base of this game.
    The rest are people who are playing this game because its easily accessible and at its core just requires you to mindlessly tap character portraits to kill enemies.
    If Square Enix / Gumi didn't think casual gamers would play this game they wouldn't have went through the trouble (and budget) of appealing to them by getting the Ari event in the first place...

3. Gorz

Gorz Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Cecil, Delita,Noctis
    I personally don't mind the injection of Ari but I love this game so if having Ari in the game lets its last longer then by all means
    Hey since they gonna add Ari do u think they might do some animes in BE

4. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    This occurrence is definitely being placed into the category of one of the more unorthodox events I have witnessed occur in a game (And I have seen a lot). That said it doesn't surprise me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Jman1115 likes this.
  5. Daggoth

Daggoth Well-Known Member

This must be the dumbest collab possible for a fantasy rpg.

Whats next? The mc donalds dungeon?
    With a clown endboss who throws little fat children at you?

A featured summon with ronald regan and barack obama? With hillary clinton as the shitty throwaway 3star to 5star max.

Or maybe we get a chris brown unit who deals extra damage against women...

Seriously gumi...wtf....

6. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Heretic VIP Supporter

Leads:
    N/A
    N/A
    I wanna see Kolonels Ranch bonus round.

7. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

Wow, selective reading at its finest. Did you literally skip the last 11 pages of intelligent responses and regurgitate what has already been said (and dismissed) by 10 other people? smh.

And yes, Barack Obama may be next. Ronald McDonald. Maybe even Taco Bell's mascot as well. You know why? Because the gaming developer has an IP patent on this game and they can basically do whatever the hell they want. A scorned nerd on the internet is not going dissuade them in making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Cherub and Andoria like this.
  8. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    I love you and all of your posts ::joy::

I know its hard for some of these people because they are such huge Final Fantasy fans but it really is alarming how stuck in that bubble they are that keeps them from examining the situation at large.
    Its understandable to be like "hmm I play this game because of Final Fantasy so this non-Final Fantasy thing doesn't appeal to me"....

But for them to be this angry and vitriolic at it and also to people who don't share that stance with them.... just a shame honestly.

Ike Royle likes this.
  9. Yilun

Yilun Ascended Member

It's hard for me to understand as well. And I'm honestly trying my best to put myself in their shoes. I consider myself a huge fan of the series and just RPG gaming in general. Of course, when they first announced the collab with Ariana Grande, part of my brain was going "Wow, is this for real? Can't believe this is actually going to happen". But almost as fast as that part of the brain was coming to grips with the reality of an Ariana Grande character, the other rational side of my brain was just as quickly thinking "Damn, this is actually a pretty smart/great move for FFBE." If this is a success, and it raises the intrigue and popularity of FFBE long-term, it can only mean more investments, more content, and hopefully more longevity in the game that we all like.

I understand that this may ruin the pristine immersion of the FF-world that people seem to hold so sacred. But to me, FFBE is just one of many FF games peppered along the long-line of FF games. This game, in it of itself, should not define people's fandom of the FF series. If FFBE continues on to completely sell-out and I find myself using a global exclusive squad of Ariana, Beiber, Mariah, Trump, and Beyonce for Trial 6, then maybe I will simply rethink my priorities on how much time I shall invest in this game, in particular. But this should have no bearing or impact on my fandom towards Final Fantasy as a legacy, in general. That is something that no gaming company or mobile IAP game would ever be able to take away from people, even if they wanted to! Instead of feeling threatened by it, I don't understand why they can't be secure enough with themselves to accept an Ariana collab without feeling like their entire legacy as a FF-fan is at risk, LOL.

Bottom line, enjoy the game, enjoy the time spent playing the game. If the game ultimately shapes out to be something you're not on board with, then have the dignity to go "You know what? This game is not for me, so I'm out" and still know your fandom of FF series has not been threatened by anything Gumi/SE has done.

Andoria, architect and Cherub like this.
  10. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

With this new King MoG event announced doesn't it make it kinda hard to have Ariana Grande's released while the type-0 one is still going on?

11. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    Because anyone who thought Ariana's event was going to be a King Mog event was just completely making things up off the top of their head.

There was not even any fact to it.
    And the fact that a Unit is a reward means it would end up much more like Aquapolis or Maxwell's quests.
    An event-exclusive dungeon with one time rewards.

Don't know why people constantly said it was going to be a collection event...

12. Maverickbp

Maverickbp VIP VIP

Not sure why anyone has said anything as it's all been conjecture since gumi has told us nothing. I wasn't saying what or how they'll be releasing grande but with so many reports pointing to the 19th, that would seem less likely now with the type-o event going on. Guess they could do something concurrently while this event is going on.

13. Daggoth

Them making money and their methods sucking are not contrary to one another. Maybe use your head first before you post.

And i dont need to read through 10 pages to give my opinion on a shitty event.
    If you and an impressive 10 people dismiss the critism, i don't need to care about that. There are also more than 10 people dismissing your corporate BS. So why are you not changing your opinion eh?

Some people like you are just gullible enough to let corporations spoonfeed you bullshit and still eat it with please because you are happy gumi makes money lol. Regardless of how...
    Regardless of them giving a shit about staying true to a fantasy rpg.

Arianna grande has jack shit to do with final fantasy or gaming or rpgs or anything near it.

14. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    Lmao...

Yilun didn't even say one way or another if they liked the event.
    In fact they said they don't care for Ariana.

All they said was basically: "stop being an ass to everyone and treating them like shit for having a different opinion on what you think is "good"" which you've clearly failed to do.

Ironic that you want to complain about Ariana Grande being in this game and it having nothing to do with Final Fantasy while you have a Pokemon GO avatar which has absolutely nothing to do with the main Pokemon games and was a cheap, quick attempt to cash-grab off Pokemon fans (which you claim is what the Ariana event is!) that also has Starbucks and Sprint Store sponsorships in-game!

15. Ferlberl

Ferlberl Active Member

Lol okay literally this shit right here made my day for real. Not going to lie read through only like 7-8 pages before i couldn't take it anymore

My main Takeaway from the thread: Cherub gets it an you are the realist lol

My thoughts/opinions as I'm sure they've been expressed numerous times over
    -This is a good thing for FFBE. This is advertisement to a game i enjoy. Ariana has a direct feed to 93 million people, some of which will provide money for the company which will prolong the games life and maybe (heres hoping) update the quality of updates in the future.
    -My guess is that a lot of the people griping and saying they have a problem with this have spent little, to no money on the game. (please don't reply and telling me you've spent hundreds, It was just my guess, and frankly i dont ducking care ;)
    -People forget that this is mainly a single player game, You dont like ariana dont do anything with her in the game, delete friends who have her, Take a break from the game during the event. Like holy cow if this is ruining your week, my opinion says you need to work on your own priorities.
    -Global has for the most part been following JP version. They have another what 8 months of content already made that we will be following. So no its safe to say i dont expect and Hamburgler or a leonardo Dicaprio collaboration anytime soon. It'll stay mainly final fantasy and other game collabs cause it is a game. maybe once a year add a real person and i think thats being generous that it happens
    -People saying they will quit. Go ahead There are only 1000+ other games in the app store for ya, and like i said doesnt hurt me cause its a single player game.
    -Here's hoping i pull Ariana. Hot Chicks in final Fantasy! Thats crazy...o wait.... fencer....mercedes...etc. xoxo waifu material

Andoria, architect and Cherub like this.
  16. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    If only it was this simple for some of the heavier Final Fantasy fans to understand...

Take things as they come.
    Just like every other event or banner, don't like it? Don't play it / pull it and move on.

Games are much much more mainstream than when Final Fantasy 1 was released. The games aren't just played by RPG fanboys anymore.
    So you have the option of being a better person and accepting that you have differences in interests but share one similar interest: this game
    Or...... you guys can continue to be assholes.

They seem to be taking the second option unfortunately.
    So they're getting mad about a temporary situation in a video game. Cool.... ::coffee::

17. Ferlberl

Ferlberl Active Member

I like to consider myself a heavy final fantasy fan (played through most numbered ffs, some 5+ times) Just comes down to these people with such a negative outlook. They added one real person so now ALL real people are going to come to the game!!! Its all Going to snowball from here!.... Like come on people. I can make the same argument for NBA JAM if i really tried (Showing my age an SNES game) "Nba Jam has Bill Clinton as a Playable character, and he has no right to be there since they is no way he would be able to compete! Its a slap in the face of all NBA fans! Whats Next Wayne Gretzky playing for the Bulls!" Like come one peopleeeeee Grow Up

Anywho again Kudos to you and your dare i say Inteligent outlook. If wanna throw me an add (basically so i can say Hey I remember this person! They seem like a smart person, and then proceed to pick you for earth shrine throw me an add 788,962,338. Have a 600 lightning as friend unit if your interested. Cheers

Andoria and architect like this.
  18. Daggoth

Quite apparently you fail to accept a diffrent opinion.
    I posted my piece on this dumb event.
    Its funny how offended some people act then.
    I smell a lot of fanboy/girl-ism for ariana here.

And ps: i have no idea where the avatar is from. But congratz on making a false comparison between a forum avatar and an ingame character.

Your arguments wont get better i guess.

Gumi makes money is literally the argument here. Regardless of how. Lol

19. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    Yeah babe and the difference is, I'm not telling anyone they aren't allowed to dislike the event.
    I've always said: don't criticize people who like the event, take your mindless ranting to the specificied rant thread as mods have already told you, and that if you aren't able or willing to constructively ~debate~ the event then don't bother. You aren't adding anything constructive to any conversation being had here, you're just looking to be mean to other users.

I could care less if you like her or not.
    But what on earth is your purpose of being so toxic to people just because they like something you don't?
    You have an obvious and seriously disturbing need to feel high-and-mighty above other people just because they have different interests than you. Claiming we're some ~brainwashed sheep by big corporations~ because we aren't blindly hateful about this event on the forums.

Your Final Fantasy game has Ariana Grande in it! And that's not changing!!!! Stay mad tho!!
    Then in like two weeks you'll literally not care. So why on earth go through the trouble of putting down people just because they enjoy something you don't.
    Again, its just plain childish. Congrats on bragging about offending people though?

Andoria and Sparkle like this.
  20. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

source: https://www.facebook.com/ffbeen/posts/729423540552862

She come as a freebie,,a free 6* unit ::=3::::=3::::=3::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.