1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF Fan since NES

FF Fan since NES Well-Known Member

If u wanted to pull other fans in the game for a promotion, why not start adding the units they haven't even touched yet like- All the characters from FF7, 8, & even those they didn't add from earlier releases like FF6, 9 & many more. Not real people. Fantasy people or creatures. There's tons of other genera they could've touched on. Dragon ball z fans, Sailor moon fans, any type anime. Just not realism. We get that enough in RL. The game is made to escape & have fun & challenges. Not real people advertising & reaping benefits.

2. FF Fan since NES

It's NOT about being a male or female. This isn't even about being sexist or not. It's about taking the quality of something u like & enjoy & dumping all over it.

3. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Im shocked an amazed that nobody cares about this. Our opinions are being massively rejected and its blowing my mind lmao. I am such an open minded person but this makes zero sense. Mobile game or not, money or not, the company should be smarter than to put a celebrity in their game. Not only is this weird for this game, but they will be introducing a celebrity directly into a final fantasy game for the first time ever. I saw that someone argued about how there is already pop references in the old games.. a vauge reference you may or may not even understand is sooo much different than literally directly putting a celebrity into the video game.

Not same game but perfect example of crossovers : Was it lame when soul calibur had darth vader in their game? FUCK NO. Its a fighting game where you kill your opponent with swords and flashy moves, DARTH VADER WAS PERFECT FOR THE GAME. They put link in, PEFECT, hes got a sword and hes a video game character, good enough for me. Now if they would have put in say... RONDA ROUSEY in it would have been weird as ****. How about that one? not a main protaginist... just a character in the game. Id say thats a good comparison, since you didint like my pokemon and kim kardashian one.

TooLegit50 and FF Fan since NES like this.
  4. Cherub

Cherub Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    If its not about being female then stop constantly mentioning that they are female! Pretty simple!
    No one would have brought it up if you hadn't literally and specifically said it yourselves!

VincentB1ack and Sapphire like this.
  5. RikkuLover

RikkuLover Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Eileen/Onion Knight
  6. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Acutally beyonce only has 90m followers, and rihanna only has 46million, so it makes more sense for them to choose arianna then those pop stars. Ariana has 93.3 million followers

SS5DAD likes this.
  7. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ling, Seven, Tilith, Light, Rikku, etc
    I never do this but +1. This post serves no other purpose but to +1 this. (Or is that +2 now?)

Pris likes this.
  8. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    Your opinions are being "massively rejected" because you're not doing it constructively and you aren't even posting them anywhere that would cause change in the first place.

Ariana Grande is one of the most popular "brands" among people that use mobile devices.
    Brave Exvius is intended to only be played on mobile devices.
    Its a very smart business decision regardless if you agree with it or not.

VincentB1ack and Sapphire like this.
  9. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

Being a female is relevant to this in some way. Dont kill me for assuming but i can bet you the highest fan base of ariana is female, and the highest player base of this video game is male. I would be willing to make those numbers extreme as well. Only a small percentage of males are fans of Ariana, and only a few amount of females playthis game...sounds like the perfect way to get young females to play this game. How about we also add in a crafting recipe for SUPER CUTE KITTY PLUSHIES and STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES that heal you to full hp.

10. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    So.... again.....

Explain why you consider that a negative?
    Why is trying to market to girls a negative?
    Why do you assume that this collaboration is for the current-standing fans of this game and not for new people? (Who would majority be female)
    And why are you mad about that.... exactly?

And why would "kitty plushies" and "strawberry shortcakes" be a negative? Why do you use those examples in a mocking way?
    What exactly is inherently bad about that being added to the game? And why do you specifically say its bad because its feminine?

Why do you think feminine things are inherently "wrong"?
    Because thats what your posts are projecting bro!

edit: And actually, overall, the MASS majority of mobile gamers are female!
    Just a reminder! http://developers.magmic.com/demographic-breakdown-casual-mid-core-hard-core-mobile-gamers/

Andoria and VincentB1ack like this.
  11. FF Fan since NES

Take 1 thing "YOU" really like to do & have fun doing.... now, add a bunch of irrelevance to it that makes U not like it. That's how I feel. Irrelevant to FF. Non realative. Bad idea. That's the gesture of what I have to say.

12. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

The only reason its a negative because they would rather make more money than to keep their game consistent with the world. Its not even the fact that its feminne stuff. I would be pissed if they added HOT WHEELZ and TRANSFORMERS, or GI GOE. In the world of final fantasy you drink a potion to heal... you dont eat a strawberry shortcake, or inject yourself with a healing serum (theres a more masculine comparison for you, injection based heals are common in zombie games and shooters).
    You dont need a kitty plushie the same way you dont need a (again lets get masculine just so you understand my argument without being distracted by the idea of sexism) remote controlled RC helicopter in your game with old airships and chocobos as means of transportation.

13. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    FF already is one "celebrity/product placement endorsements & ads for already rich and famous.

It's a business, they work for money as well. Purists fans don't pay enough it seems.

Attached Files:

14. SS5DAD

SS5DAD New Member

Look fellas Arianna granda may be a brand that brings followers but come the Fuck on.....she has nothing at all to do with the game..........it's all about them selling out....if she becomes a top tier character to boot then that just shits on the fun.....it's a joke it's got to be

TooLegit50 and FF Fan since NES like this.
  15. Jolobrolo

Jolobrolo New Member

If hulk hogan was gonna be in this game not ariana grende then i would be arguing against that they just want the WWE fanbase, but this is for arian granda, which has a fan base of young female women. Do you sell a blacksmith a hammer with a MLP pony on it? NOOO because blacksmiths arent typically into my little pony. So your a blacksmith, and you dont like MLP but the only hammer you can use has a pony on it. It doesnt hurt you that there is a pony on your hammer, but its not what you want,, and it sure as hell would make zero sense.

16. FF Fan since NES

Well yeah.,We all know that square enix has been a money making giant since the 90's, but don't add irrelevance to a cool little RPG. The purist fans are usually the only ones lingering around though. They're the true consumers. Waiting & begging square enix to return to their roots & open their eyes from under the cloth of money & hack & slash, linear, movie type games. We're Hoping for something great that the fan base will eat up again since FF7. And the only way to do that, is to listen to your fans. The old school purists. "Return to the streets & remember your roots". That's what gave u stardome in the first place.

SS5DAD likes this.
  17. Sir Vincent

Sir Vincent The eternal student Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Shadow 200 ATK
    I find it's funny though.
    SE CEO boss fight in FFXV

Crimson and FF Fan since NES like this.
  18. Farron

Farron Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    083 439 625
    Leads:
    Gilgamesh Zargabaath
  19. Cherub

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Fryevia
    At this point I will have said the same. exact. points. for like the fifth? time in a row now.

I'm done.
    Some of y'all are beyond stubborn and childish. And you clearly refuse to see it from any other perspective than the very narrow mindset you have literally made up in your head.
    You have made up a little world where Square Enix needs to cater to your needs and do absolutely nothing to cater to a wider audience.

At the end of the day. None of it matters.
    They are doing this for advertising.
    Thats the way this industry works.
    Deal with it. Its not going away.
    Your obsession with how YOU define Square Enix's property is irrelevant.
    Try your best to kill my Dangerous Ariana in the Arena when the time comes.

[​IMG]

JustinHChrist and Andoria like this.
  20. SS5DAD

SS5DAD New Member

It's not that she's a female by any mean it's just that she has nothing to do with action rpgs......she never had an action roles in movies ...never did a voice for a action cartoon character......she is literal so detached from ff that it's like adding pee wee fucking herman........see makes no sense for him to be a character right......

FF Fan since NES likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.