1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Ariana Grande Collaboration Event! 1/19

Discussion in 'Old News & Events' started by Sapphire, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David M Pollard

David M Pollard Well-Known Member Supporter

I couldn't agree more. I love playing every game I can with my wife (including FFBE). I give her advice and support her in the games (unless competitive then shes on her own lol ). I don't care if she plays games, it's a stress reliever and good quality time. I only make fun of her when she plays Sims lol

2. jeremyj26

jeremyj26 Ascended Member Supporter

Brazzers collab anyone?

Sapphire, David M Pollard and Jose like this.
  3. Jac235

Jac235 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Aileen/Fryevia/Tidus
    The hell are you on about? Is Ariana a criminal? What makes you think this isn't just a rare advertising gimmick since they made a remix of one of her songs for the game? From what I've heard she is actually an FF fan as well. Don't blow this out of proportion. I agree that it's really weird but at least there is a game related occurrence coinciding with her release(the song). It ~kind of~ makes some sense if that song is basically gonna become the theme of sorts. Quite a few Ariana fans will hear about this game because of this and I guarantee you no reasonable person that has spent decent money on this game is gonna quit over something this trivial.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. FF Fan since NES

FF Fan since NES Well-Known Member

I heard she's also a fan of licking doughnuts on counters, saying she hates America, & her fans. But all that aside, a real person doesn't belong in a fantasy based game. It's non relative. If anyone deserves that spot "especially for their music", it should be Nobuo Uematsu.

5. Kingguss

Kingguss Well-Known Member Supporter

Leads:
    Aileen,reberta,ashe
    For all we know dangerous Ariana could be a op unit,give it chance I say,although I would prefer a Ronnie James dio holy diver unit I will still give her a chance,for all we know she's just a huge fan of final fantasy and who wouldnt want to be in a game they love,hating her BC she's rich and famous is stupid.so what if shes not a final fantasy character.nobody complained when tilith was introduced to the game and she's from a different game.so I say why not give Ariana a chance.BC if you were rich and famous don't u think it would be cool to be a unit in ffbe?

Sparkle likes this.
  6. rickygck

rickygck Well-Known Member

I will not be pulling for her, hopefully I dun get her either. Can't wait to meet her in Arena and cast my chain of lightning on her. ::up::

7. IMBacon

IMBacon Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Next FFBE collaboration: Ron Jeremy ::joy::

Annunaki and FF Fan since NES like this.
  8. David M Pollard

We got Trump into office, now let's get him into FFBE! Make FFBE great again!!

Sivispara likes this.
  9. Requius

Requius Active Member

So basically everybody, with a few exceptions (Jolobrolo to name one), commenting on the initial comment by "FF Fan Since NES" are the real haters here...how old are you people? What is wrong with you all??? The guy was concerned about the corruption of a fantastic game, NOT about the specific celebrity it happens to be!!! Apparently the majority of you...or ALL of you, simply scan over a few words from every comment and then have the indecency to attack this guy for being understandably concerned about a possible influx of ads being injected into the game.

FFBE is obviously in this for the money. Anyone who has played the game for a few months will easily understand that....ranking within the top 100 every month in the arena sure as hell isn't free! And I can't even fathom how much money people spend to get their 5 star base characters - they must be dropping $5K per month, if not more...like the leader of the Raid Event right now...over 1 MILLION rank points!!! That costs some serious money right there.

Anyway, what FF Fan is trying to relate to you all, is that it would be a damn shame if this game did celebrity collaborations on a regular basis. I agree with him 100%. I have no issues with Ariana Grande, my 3 year old daughter is coincidentally named Ariana (she was not named after the pop star people) and I think the BE team did a really great job with this. The fact that they had the song orchestrated and made into a Final Fantasy-esque song alone speaks a lot in itself.

I think it's a relatively cool idea - incorporating a celebrity into the game - but her written "comment" at the end of the video at the beginning of this feed shows me that she has absolutely no clue as to what FF is. Yes, it's a "mainstay in Japanese culture" but it's also a mainstay in the world... I was really hoping to find out that Grande is a huge FFBE fan, and that the producers found out about it and contacted her for the collaboration. Unfortunately, FF Fan Since NES pinned this one on the nose. This is most likely the beginning of a long chain of gimmicks designed to lure people into the game. And if celebrity units continue to regularly show up, the game will definitely lose its meaning to solid FF fans.

This is obviously an advertising gimmick...no doubt about it. Unless I find out that Ariana Grande is a die hard player, then I'm adamant(ite) about the reason this is happening.

And as for you losers who don't understand what FF Fan Since NES was talking about...you're idiots. All of you. Absolute idiots. Take me off your friends list on Brave Exvius if you're one of them - because I don't want anything from you!

-Requius, Rank 90 (currently - Santa Roselia)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Annunaki likes this.
  10. Jac235

Jac235 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Aileen/Fryevia/Tidus
    You'll change your mind about them adding real people once they finally release Chuck Norris.

spada and Requius like this.
  11. Requius

Requius Active Member

Yeah, no. Unless he was a Trial Boss...I might, and I stress "might" be able to deal with that.

If he ever became a playable character, I would never play the game again. And if you want to talk politics, I'd be more than happy to go there...but not on this site. Keep it to yourself next time.

12. David M Pollard

Wow, I don't think people were meanin to personally offend someone. I may not be part of it but that is highly childish. Age doesn't matter, please conduct yourself in a better manor. By the way Congrats on your daughter. (Not being sarcastic)

13. Jac235

Jac235 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Aileen/Fryevia/Tidus
    Honestly some of his posts come across as being a bit alarmist. I don't really like her inclusion either but I doubt they'll add random real life people for no reason. The song was the reason they added her here and as long as this is a one time thing and she isn't an OP 5* base or something ridiculous I'm fine with it.

14. David M Pollard

Man you are salty. I don't want to get into anything with someone who lacks humor.

Annunaki likes this.
  15. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Exdeath
    I want her!! :D and this song is sick! I loved it, specially the orchestra, it was a lot of effort and I think it will be great.

16. Requius

Requius Active Member

Thanks??? And how exactly was I not conducting myself in an appropriate manner?? If it's about the Trump thing - hey, you went there man...

17. Requius

Requius Active Member

I hear what your saying 100% but my concern is "why?" I think orchestrating the song is a really cool idea...but she didn't write it FOR Brave Exvius. A group of people, likely FFBE ones, are trying to broaden the fan base; then they reached out (allegedly) to Grande's manager about it - Grande gets royalties, FFBE attempts to reach a larger base.

The concern is that if it has happened once, it's only a matter of time before it happens again. I for one personally think an influx of celebrity collaborations would be a bad thing for the future, and integrity, of the game. Just my personal opinion.

18. Requius

Requius Active Member

I'm NOT saying that this specific collaboration is a bad thing. It will ONLY be bad if it continually happens. Like I had said in my initial post...would've been really cool if Grande was a huge BE fan...but I think some guy/girl in advertising LOVES the song and thought it would be cool to pitch the idea of orchestrating the song and introducing the new unit - and the producers (especially that one who was hardly enthusiastic about the situation, the second guy in the jump suit) are like "awesome idea! We get a bunch of young kids coming on, and while they ALL wont play, we get maybe 8 - 11% of ones that will stick around and continually drop coin on this!"

This is a marketing strategy aimed at elementary school kids for sure, they're a very impressionable group of people, and maybe some middle school and high school kids, and you get a few college age students and adults in there too - but it's really aimed at the kids...like cigarettes used to be. I sure feel bad for the idiot parents of the young kids who don't have their account locked - there's going to be a lot of parental anger over these $99.99 charges (Vault of Lapis) that their tweens are making on their stupidly unlocked account...haha

no offense to anyone who falls under this category, but i'm pretty sure the majority of my competitors in the game are kids with unlimited funding. How else does one get 2 Noctis', 2 Luneths, a Lighting, and an arsenal of Gilgamesh's without spending an unfathomable amount of money??? I've pulled some good units but NEVER a base rainbow unit. Can't imagine what these people are dropping to get multiple's of top tier...cause I've spent a good amount.

19. Requius

Requius Active Member

I like that. Not enough people use "salty" these days and it's refreshing to hear someone say it (I am definitely NOT being sarcastic). Maybe we got off on the wrong foot here. My apologies. I am currently running on very little sleep...extra salty right now...I'm more or less crystallizing into salt as we speak.

Anyone wanna buy an arm made out of rock salt? Real cheap!

David M Pollard likes this.
  20. Jac235

Jac235 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Aileen/Fryevia/Tidus
    I know some f2p players that have 4-5 5* base units. There are also people that are just wealthy or gambling addicts. I think a lot of people in their late 20's/30's are the main demographic of a nostalgia driven game like this so I doubt it's mostly kids with their parent's credit card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.